List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC we were considering Baker as a rookie list spot in the SSP so there has to be a mechanism. We did speak to Naismith so we may be looking for train-on permission for a few players from the AFL

I'm happy Magor got drafted by someone. Sydney is a good club to develop at as well. Was my preferred rookie option. Going to be a few stiff players who have missed out.

So it looks like we will be having some ex AFL players train with us in the preseason and pick the winner early next year like some kind of game show.

Does the SSP also include rookies overlooked in the draft or just delisted players?

So you'd think we get a few guys - probably Baker, Rowe and Sullivan I'd guess - to train with us for one or both list spots through SSP. Might hold a spot open for MSD.
Given Clarke, and Gallagher's versatility, I'm not sure we'll be looking at Rowe now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy Magor got drafted by someone. Sydney is a good club to develop at as well. Was my preferred rookie option. Going to be a few stiff players who have missed out.

So it looks like we will be having some ex AFL players train with us in the preseason and pick the winner early next year like some kind of game show.

Does the SSP also include rookies overlooked in the draft or just delisted players?
Can also be rookies. That’s how Stack was taken by Richmond from memory

There might not even be a dozen non-recycled players taken in the rookie draft.

It's been tinkered with so much that it has lost all meaning. Basically just a vehicle for clubs to delist and then re-list rather than giving kids a go or taking a punt on a development type kid.

Looking forward to hearing Dom or Sam discuss our plans and targets for the SPP. Clearly we already have our sights on a couple of players.

I assume they are allowed to train with clubs in the offseason?

For those who are immune to draft fatigue here is the update on rules regarding SSP etc, issued by the AFL 12 months ago. You work it out, I couldn't be bothered.

Also it's worth noting that the Rookie upgrade period and the Final DFA period started last night at 10pm (after the ND) and closed an hour later at 11pm. From the AFL website:

Tuesday 29 November
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I have yet to read anything from anyone (including the WB website) about what happened late last night but I guess there's a chance we could have picked up Oskar Baker as a DFA. We certainly should have been upgrading Sweet and Khamis as I think their rookie time had expired.

For those who are immune to draft fatigue here is the update on rules regarding SSP etc, issued by the AFL 12 months ago. You work it out, I couldn't be bothered.

Also it's worth noting that the Rookie upgrade period and the Final DFA period started last night at 10pm (after the ND) and closed an hour later at 11pm. From the AFL website:

Tuesday 29 November
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I have yet to read anything from anyone (including the WB website) about what happened late last night but I guess there's a chance we could have picked up Oskar Baker as a DFA. We certainly should have been upgrading Sweet and Khamis as I think their rookie time had expired.
I'm pretty sure you can pre select / upgrade rookies without being listed in the ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back