List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

George has done his ACL after recently coming back from a knee injury.

He drops completely out of my top 5 favourite picks in this draft. I would consider him late second round IF he is still there… the thing with repeat knee injuries is that you take years to get your power and agility back. You are also a misstep from doing it again.

I feel sorry for the young man and hope he can still pursue his career in the AFL.

He drops completely out of my top 5 favourite picks in this draft. I would consider him late second round IF he is still there… the thing with repeat knee injuries is that you take years to get your power and agility back. You are also a misstep from doing it again.

I feel sorry for the young man and hope he can still pursue his career in the AFL.
Cal Twomey has him at 22 in his August Rankings

Josh Weddle a bit undersized at 192, but apparently can lock down on forwards of all sizes. Plus I want to hear commentators yelling WEDDLE.

Is it 2 ACLs for him? That’s really rough on an u18s player. It’s doable but yeah I can’t see anyone going early on him following that - poor kid!

WESTERN BULLDOGS​

As things stand the Bulldogs hold pick 11 which put them in a prime position to pounce on a top-10 slider. But most of the prospects in that range are midfielders, which Luke Beveride’s side certainly isn’t short on. The club is in need of key defender and if West Australian tall Jedd Busslinger is still on the board, he would be difficult to resist. Busslinger is the standout key back in the pool, but if he was off the board, could competitive defener Josh Weddle or 197cm interceptor Lewis Hayes enter the frame? Otherwise, a powerful mid-sized forward like draft bolter Bailey Humphrey, a key forward or a silky outside type shape as areas that can bolster the midfield-stacked Dogs. — Dan Batten

A highly rated silky outside type would be enough for me, I don’t like taking these guys top 10 but if we’re in that 10-15 range doesn’t bother me as much.

Any available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A highly rated silky outside type would be enough for me, I don’t like taking these guys top 10 but if we’re in that 10-15 range doesn’t bother me as much.

Any available?

I don’t mind that idea.

Tsatas and Sheezel unfortunately will be long gone.

I would probably look at Hayes (tall intercept defender who may become a CHB) OR Kostanty (small forward). These guys are other list needs.

Apparently Munkara has some big off field issues.
Such as?
IIRC he's the NT kid who moved to SA for SANFL exposure, highly mobile mid-size forward with some tricks.

Geez some of the highlight packages for some of the players certainly don’t do the best job of highlighting what’s supposed to be that players strengths

Also not simply taking the best player would be a little silly honestly, by the time the young recruit is starting to hit his straps; Libba is likely finishing up his career, Macrae & Bontempelli both post 30. I don’t buy that idea we should avoid a midfielder with our first because we are stacked now, if all we take is midfielders though..that would definitely be irritating

Geez some of the highlight packages for some of the players certainly don’t do the best job of highlighting what’s supposed to be that players strengths

Also not simply taking the best player would be a little silly honestly, by the time the young recruit is starting to hit his straps; Libba is likely finishing up his career, Macrae & Bontempelli both post 30. I don’t buy that idea we should avoid a midfielder with our first because we are stacked now, if all we take is midfielders though..that would definitely be irritating

I'm keen on Reuben Ginbey, to add some skill and class to our back line for his first couple years and then move into the midfield.

They aren't highlights. It pretty much goes through every play the player was involved in for that particular game. So it can also point out some flaws in their game. I think it can be better then just watching highlights which will come towards the end of the season anyway.

Physicality, decent size, defensive game. I'd be really torn between him and Hayes.

Depends IF our next pick will be close enough to get both….

Ginbey could play for us straight away, just not in the midfield.
Hayes probably needs longer but has a higher ceiling, maybe becoming a great KPD.

The choice really depends on IF we persist with Darcy as interceptor or not

Depends IF our next pick will be close enough to get both….

Ginbey could play for us straight away, just not in the midfield.
Hayes probably needs longer but has a higher ceiling, maybe becoming a great KPD.

The choice really depends on IF we persist with Darcy as interceptor or not
Personally I would take the punt on Hayes. Can use Darcy as the interceptor down back while Hayes can develop and set up our spine for the next 8-10 years
And then go after mids after that and next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back