List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not who we need, but I kinda hope we take a flyer on him if we have a few early picks

Agreed - If he’s good enough to play early, it’s hard to see how he’ll fit in unless we are opting for Darcy back or having a taller forward line (which could work considering how quick all of Naughton, Marra, Keeler are and they all have the ability to move around the ground, particularly Marra’s ability to deliver inside 50 is impressive)

It’s a problem I would rather have than not but until he’s ready, having a developing ruck / forward in the VFL is never a bad thing. He could be absolutely anything and having Marra be able to show him how much work he had to do to even get to play a game as a #1 draft pick will no doubt help his development along.

Darcy / Keeler ruck combo down the track when English has had enough is very appealing.

If we get multiple first round picks, I think he’d be one we can take a chance on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There are few true KPD that are any good in this draft. Hayes may become one but he is more a third tall interceptor like Weddle. Weddle is good 1v1 and could become an undersized KPD.
You could draft the 3rd rated KPD Van Es in the third or fourth round…. He is a long shot to make it.

Barnett an undersized athletic ruck, is probably the most likely to become a KPD…. He will be an early second round pick, as could be a ruck-forward IF developed as such.
Height is overrated in a KPD versus strength, athleticism and general competitiveness. Steven May is 193cm but regularly bullies players taller than him. Weddle is 192cm and will probably add 1-2cm post draft so that’s fine if he’s got an ability to play taller.

If Adelaide want to try it on for Rankine and split 5 would anyone offer them 11 and 15 (assuming we have it)?
Suns are tight on cap so two later first rounders saves them money, so wouldn't be a bad idea

If Adelaide want to try it on for Rankine and split 5 would anyone offer them 11 and 15 (assuming we have it)?
Some of the draft watches see a clear top 3, then another group out to pick 12 and then a pretty big group from 13-30.

We’ll already have access to someone in that top 12 so it might depend on if there’s a very clear preference within that group (e.g. Busslinger). I’d probably prefer #11 and #15 and trying to getting the last of the top 12 plus Ginbey or Hayes.

Height is overrated in a KPD versus strength, athleticism and general competitiveness. Steven May is 193cm but regularly bullies players taller than him. Weddle is 192cm and will probably add 1-2cm post draft so that’s fine if he’s got an ability to play taller.
Weddle is an intercept player though, his style of play. Not a KPD (ditto Busslinger according to those who know better than I would). Hayes is probably the first genuine KPD likely to get taken and those guys normally take time.

Nothing wrong with being a tall(ish) intercepter as it's something we desperately lack and a player like Weddle probably gets games next year as he develops.

We chased O'Brien to play that exact role but it didn't work out this year.

Weddle is an intercept player though, his style of play. Not a KPD (ditto Busslinger according to those who know better than I would). Hayes is probably the first genuine KPD likely to get taken and those guys normally take time.

Nothing wrong with being a tall(ish) intercepter as it's something we desperately lack and a player like Weddle probably gets games next year as he develops.

We chased O'Brien to play that exact role but it didn't work out this year.
I wouldn’t say interceptor and KPD are mutually exclusive. Interceptor is more just an extra skill set. Darcy Moore is an interceptor and a KPD for example. I’d put Busslinger in that category as well.

Weddle does appear to fall exclusively in the interceptor category but it’s up to the club to decide if that’s something that can be developed.

I wouldn’t say interceptor and KPD are mutually exclusive. Interceptor is more just an extra skill set. Darcy Moore is an interceptor and a KPD for example. I’d put Busslinger in that category as well.

Weddle does appear to fall exclusively in the interceptor category but it’s up to the club to decide if that’s something that can be developed.
We need both.

Or Adelaide do the deal and we then chat to Gold Coast about pick swaps?
We kay be able to wrangle and extra late pick or two and offer that to Brissie to ensure we keep pick 29

I’m still keen on Buku for that 3rd/4th tall interceptor role, I actually think he’s fine defensively but we’ve just been killing him playing him on blokes 10cm taller than him
For him to be that 4th he needs to work on his distribution but 3rd I can see him eventually getting there was decent without being fantastic this year but showed signs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For him to be that 4th he needs to work on his distribution but 3rd I can see him eventually getting there was decent without being fantastic this year but showed signs
He’s a lovely user at VFL level IMO, not super damaging but reliable. But yeah it left a lot to be desired at AFL level but will improve with experience IMO. Agree though he probably needs to be better for 4th, unless his intercepting becomes a serious weapon (which he has the capability for)

I really think you only need one main distributor off HB as an offence only type - the rest just need to be varying degrees of acceptable but more importantly have the defensive side down pat. You should also have your wings helping out with ball movement coming out of the back half (so you’re not too overly reliant on your distributor) but that’s where we fall down because our wings have been rather s**t with ball in hand for years

He’s a lovely user at VFL level IMO, not super damaging but reliable. But yeah it left a lot to be desired at AFL level but will improve with experience IMO. Agree though he probably needs to be better for 4th, unless his intercepting becomes a serious weapon (which he has the capability for)

I really think you only need one main distributor off HB as an offence only type - the rest just need to be varying degrees of acceptable but more importantly have the defensive side down pat. You should also have your wings helping out with ball movement coming out of the back half (so you’re not too overly reliant on your distributor) but that’s where we fall down because our wings have been rather s**t with ball in hand for years
Agreed. If we end up with 11/15/29 we need to be targeting a Max Holmes type player with elite speed and endurance as our current wing setup is killing us both offensively and defensively with their lack of speed

Agreed. If we end up with 11/15/29 we need to be targeting a Max Holmes type player with elite speed and endurance as our current wing setup is killing us both offensively and defensively with their lack of speed

Really liking what I’ve seen of Lachie Cowan. His game is suited to a wing.

Really liking what I’ve seen of Lachie Cowan. His game is suited to a wing.

And also has a s**t mullet.

3Eh8LQGe.jpg

First question is do we want 4 picks 11-27, or do we package 2 of them to move into the top 10?
I would rather the 4 picks under 30 rather than a package for a high pick. I feel like aside from the kpd issue our bottom 6 on gameday is our biggest issue, we have too many battlers that are those late draft prospects.

Collingwood managed to get a bunch of picks under 30 a couple of drafts ago and set themselves up nicely.

IF we had roughly picks:
11, 15, 22, 29, 31 & 35

Who would we bring in?

That would be lots of second round picks…. Would we take multiple punts on the likes of Barnett, Broadbent, Hayes, Van Es; or would we be shopping for other list needs like small forward, wing and medium defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back