List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoever finishes bottom next season is getting an absolute gun in Reid.
I've just sent a message to Bevo that we need to retreat 40m from the mark next year, not 5m.
Bont needs some time away from the game - probably the whole season - as he has had too big a load to carry.
Naughton to play as a wingman because he is likely to bust his knee if he keeps going into the stratosphere for marks.
Caleb to take on the gun KPDs man-on-man.
Apart from that I told him the zone defence thing is working just fine. We just need to press up further, probably to the HF line.
I complimented him on scouting out McComb and asked him to start Robbie in the guts all year, roving to Martin.

I reckon that should do it. Or are West Coast so irredeemably sh*t that they'll still finish below us?

I've just sent a message to Bevo that we need to retreat 40m from the mark next year, not 5m.
Bont needs some time away from the game - probably the whole season - as he has had too big a load to carry.
Naughton to play as a wingman because he is likely to bust his knee if he keeps going into the stratosphere for marks.
Caleb to take on the gun KPDs man-on-man.
Apart from that I told him the zone defence thing is working just fine. We just need to press up further, probably to the HF line.
I complimented him on scouting out McComb and asked him to start Robbie in the guts all year, roving to Martin.

I reckon that should do it. Or are West Coast so irredeemably sh*t that they'll still finish below us?

Look I’ll cop finishing bottom just this once. Play the kids…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep the competitiveness of Weddle is very impressive.

Hayes looks pretty mobile too, doesn’t look out of place on Humphries. Which is important to make sure he’s not a McAsey IMO - If we do end up with a couple of picks in the range those two whilst not exciting could do wonders for our list build.

We really have to decide where we see Darcy long term it’s so important for what we need, not sure you could play a Hayes type (or even Buss for that matter) alongside Darcy ideally, whereas a Weddle type would fit well. Weddle, Gardner & Darcy would be a good mix
Reckon Darcy goes forward in time, I would take Hayes and Weddle to shore up our backline

Reckon Darcy goes forward in time, I would take Hayes and Weddle to shore up our backline
Yeah that would be ideal. I think we need to work to find enough points to give Brissy to get 15, McStay compo & round 1 ‘23 off them for Dunks. Taking Weddle & Hayes with the 2 late firsts, a mid with 11 & two ‘23 firsts to play with next year would genuinely set us up for years

Yeah that would be ideal. I think we need to work to find enough points to give Brissy to get 15, McStay compo & round 1 ‘23 off them for Dunks. Taking Weddle & Hayes with the 2 late firsts, a mid with 11 & two ‘23 firsts to play with next year would genuinely set us up for years

Hayes, Weddle, and Philippou would be an elite draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes, Weddle, and Philippou would be an elite draft.
Yeah absolutely, really not too far fetched either. Plus a couple of first rounders next year to throw around once we know what we need etc let’s just say we find another mid 2nd rounder, around 30 (whether it’s trading out players or flipping a next years 2nd etc) that gives us 29, 37 & ~30 to give back to Brissy - a total of ~1700 points or equivalent to pick 6/7. With Dunks for 15, say 19 for McStay & ‘23 late first.

If anything it’s unders for us, but a win-win, numbers will vary but it should be very easy to work out something like that

Actually really excited to take a bunch of mid first picks to the draft. Great year for it.

I know we're keen on sheezel but unless we move into top 3 then let's just take best available with what we have. Dunks going could be a blessing in disguise.
Imagine if every year we lost a big player, it just meant we won the premiership within the next couple 👀 Well it’s nice to dream anyway

I don't see it with Kostanty at the next level..not quite quick enough..not quite clever enough..not quite enough tricks..not quite enough pressure.
He may or may not make it at AFL level but I wouldn't want us to select him. We need an elite pressure, crumbling, small forward and to my eye, he isn't it.

Echo the thoughts of others of Harley Reid. He would be my pick 1 in this draft as it stands.
Weddle a touch undersized but I can see the appeal in a defence that had complimentary pieces around him.
Busslinger and Phillipou my preference in our range.

Echo the thoughts of others of Harley Reid. He would be my pick 1 in this draft as it stands.
Weddle a touch undersized but I can see the appeal in a defence that had complimentary pieces around him.
Busslinger and Phillipou my preference in our range.
Reid isn't in this year's draft. 2023.

Not sure I see it with Hayes as a lead KPD that you’d take in the first round. The underaged half back Reid bullied him physically a couple of times in 1v1s after being thrown forward. Hayes’ numbers look good but seems to get a lot of his touches from sideways kicks in the backline.

Still keen on Weddle for a late first. He’s got a tough streak, is strong and quick and looks like he’ll keep filling out and be a genuinely big body at AFL level eventually.

Hustwaite is super composed. But his height is a myth, need to take out at least 2 useless inches of his giraffe neck.

We could really do with one of Konstanty or Charlie Clarke on the list.

Not sure I see it with Hayes as a lead KPD that you’d take in the first round. The underaged half back Reid bullied him physically a couple of times in 1v1s after being thrown forward. Hayes’ numbers look good but seems to get a lot of his touches from sideways kicks in the backline.

Still keen on Weddle for a late first. He’s got a tough streak, is strong and quick and looks like he’ll keep filling out and be a genuinely big body at AFL level eventually.

Hustwaite is super composed. But his height is a myth, need to take out at least 2 useless inches of his giraffe neck.

We could really do with one of Konstanty or Charlie Clarke on the list.
Hayes’ disposal means I think he’s a reasonably safe bet to be at least a very serviceable 2nd tall even if he doesn’t develop the strength to be the lead KPD.

Weddle looks to have a frame that will be able to handle the monsters; Hawkins, Dixon etc but also has the athleticism to intercept and also has the ability to play on mid-sized opponents.

Hayes would be the perfect match up for players like the Kings once he fills out and finishes growing, he’ll most likely be over 200cm with a late December birthday and noting that his brother is 205cm. His speed is very impressive, so he can also play on smaller players.

Both complement eachother well in the back six and would love to nab them both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back