List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If North's getting Port's pick 8, no way is Busslinger getting past them.
Carlton also have Pick 10, and surely look to draft tall this year. They took Mirkov (ruck) in the MSD last year, but otherwise haven't drafted a proper tall (i.e. >192cm) since Ben Silvagni in 2018, and Tom De Koning the year before

Josh Weddle (Victoria Metro/Oakleigh Chargers/Eltham)
Date of Birth: 25/05/04; Height: 192cm; Weight: 89kg
Rock solid in defence in all matches for Victoria Metro. His intercept marking, strength one-on-one and dash from the back half are features of his game. Averaged 15 disposals, four marks, three tackles and four rebound 50s per game in an impressive Championships.

I seriously want this guy.

Ruck Rover
Reuben Ginbey (Western Australia/East Perth/Dunsborough)
Date of Birth: 10/09/04; Height: 188cm; Weight: 81kg
Left-footed midfielder who was outstanding in winning contested ball and showed a real burst of speed from stoppage. Averaged 21 disposals, 10 contested possessions, four tackles and three clearances to be a shining light for Western Australia. Considered more of a defender coming into the Championships, he was his team’s best player against the Allies and Victoria Country and consistent in other matches to win Western Australia’s MVP award.

Rock solid in defence in all matches for Victoria Metro. His intercept marking, strength one-on-one and dash from the back half are features of his game. Averaged 15 disposals, four marks, three tackles and four rebound 50s per game in an impressive Championships.

Very sold on Weddle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ruck Rover
Reuben Ginbey (Western Australia/East Perth/Dunsborough)
Date of Birth: 10/09/04; Height: 188cm; Weight: 81kg
Left-footed midfielder who was outstanding in winning contested ball and showed a real burst of speed from stoppage. Averaged 21 disposals, 10 contested possessions, four tackles and three clearances to be a shining light for Western Australia. Considered more of a defender coming into the Championships, he was his team’s best player against the Allies and Victoria Country and consistent in other matches to win Western Australia’s MVP award.
Which order do you select Weddle and Ginbey in to try and get them both with our first and Brisbane’s first (if we have it).

I think Weddle more likely to still be on the board and if he’s not then presumably Hayes or some other very interesting slider still is.

Which order do you select Weddle and Ginbey in to try and get them both with our first and Brisbane’s first (if we have it).

I think Weddle more likely to still be on the board and if he’s not then presumably Hayes or some other very interesting slider still is.

Ginbey 11, Weddle 15, if Weddle’s gone take Hayes.

Harry Sheezel would be the one for me, if there is a opportunity to trade up. He reminds me of Papley from the limited vision I have seen.

He looks electric.
Good player but not worth paying two firsts to get up to. The draft pool is pretty even, I’d be happier taking a couple picks in the teens.

Carlton also have Pick 10, and surely look to draft tall this year. They took Mirkov (ruck) in the MSD last year, but otherwise haven't drafted a proper tall (i.e. >192cm) since Ben Silvagni in 2018, and Tom De Koning the year before
They may just go 'best available' in the first round, like most clubs

I'll be seriously disappointed if Weddle isn't on our list next season. Should be our first pick.

Harry Sheezel would be the one for me, if there is a opportunity to trade up. He reminds me of Papley from the limited vision I have seen.

He looks electric.
Seems a top 5 lock and has serious X factor, but trading up is always fraught with danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may just go 'best available' in the first round, like most clubs
I don't buy in to the idea that clubs pick the very first person on their boards with 1st rounders all the time. Maybe in the first couple of picks, but otherwise if a club holding Pick 10 is faced with the choice of Player A in a position they are stacked, or Player B who is ranked marginally behind but in a position of need, they'd be going Player B majority of the time.

Bias in scouting reports, or a player having an off day during an interview could be enough to affect their ranking, so I highly doubt a club would follow their board to the letter every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back