List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that would be a great draft. Covers our needs well and has players likely to be available at those spots for us.

BUT

I would give it all up for Busslinger. He will be the next great KPD and could play third tall (interceptor) for us as he builds his strength up.

How would we do it? He may go at pick 1 or 2 depending on how things go. North in particular will possibly be looking to take the best available tall since they have loaded up with mids in two drafts now. They seemed pretty desperate to get a key defender in the mid season draft also, passing on a few good young players.

Dunkley plus our 1st pick to North?

Now that would be a great draft. Covers our needs well and has players likely to be available at those spots for us.

BUT

I would give it all up for Busslinger. He will be the next great KPD and could play third tall (interceptor) for us as he builds his strength up.

Oh I would cage fight to get Busslinger to the Dogs.

How would we do it? He may go at pick 1 or 2 depending on how things go. North in particular will possibly be looking to take the best available tall since they have loaded up with mids in two drafts now. They seemed pretty desperate to get a key defender in the mid season draft also, passing on a few good young players.

Our first, second and our future first. (With a future third round pick coming back).

Norf need to get a KPF, so they may stay and draft one BUT our offer would allow them to fill multiple holes.

Our first, second and our future first. (With a future third round pick coming back).

Norf need to get a KPF, so they may stay and draft one BUT our offer would allow them to fill multiple holes.

Didn't Adelaide basically offer up two top 5 picks for pick 1 last year (the pick they had that year and a future first)?

I can't see that being enough.

Yep Adelaide offered pick 4 and two future first round picks for pick 1.

Richmond, also offered up picks 7, 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones.

BUT

I think Busslinger only becomes a remote possibility if we lose Dunks and might depend on what Ashcroft does (opting in or out of Brisbane father-son). Even still it might not be possible - North have already hit the draft hard for midfielders and they'd be nuts to not manufacturer a way to trade down from #1 (WCE will go above them) to #2-#3 and take the KPD they need.

Might be dictated by salary cap but I'd be split between using our first to get Logue (something coming back or not depending on where we finish) or going for either Keeler or Cadman/Jefferson and turning them into KPDs.

Dunkley would refuse to go to North, and rightly so.

Didn't Adelaide basically offer up two top 5 picks for pick 1 last year (the pick they had that year and a future first)?

I can't see that being enough.

North should have taken that deal last year. It was a bad move not to. Perhaps they have realised that now (needs multiple players not just the number 1) and will take a deal this time.

North should have taken that deal last year. It was a bad move not to. Perhaps they have realised that now (needs multiple players not just the number 1) and will take a deal this time.
If North have the #1 pick this year I think they’ll trade down. Seems to be a consensus at the moment that Wardlaw is the #1 pick but if I’m North I’d much rather have 2 of talls projected in the top 10 (and someone will pay up for Wardlaw).

I can’t see WCE then going with the tall defender given their current list even if he’s a WA boy.

Things are very different if WCE finish below North.

If the club does see Darcy as a defender long-term then I think Isaac Keeler would be perfect for us. As that KPF / Ruck. Hopefully we have a pick in his range.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van Es is much better than the last time I watched him.

Solidifying himself as the second best KPD behind Busslinger and certainly move up draft boards on his showing today. Possibly even into late first round range….

Have North hired new recruiting staff or have they done an internal shuffle to fill the gaps?

Solidifying himself as the second best KPD behind Busslinger and certainly move up draft boards on his showing today. Possibly even into late first round range….

I haven’t seen him play, can you elaborate on his strengths etc?

Looks like a decent size already.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has looked good, already looks a nice size. Might not take too long before he's ready. Wonder how athletic he is? Keeler got some decent separation at times, but maybe that's because Keeler is just a freak.

I think Cadman could easily transition into defence too. Looks like he has a strong work ethic and willingness to compete.

Has looked good, already looks a nice size. Might not take too long before he's ready. Wonder how athletic he is? Keeler got some decent separation at times, but maybe that's because Keeler is just a freak.

I think Cadman could easily transition into defence too. Looks like he has a strong work ethic and willingness to compete.

Reid was great at the end too. Some big grabs deep in defence to save the match for VC.

Van Es is not quick but Keeler is a freak. Keeler likely top 3 pick and Van Es made him work really hard.

Cardman work rate is good but not seeing anything else special about him. Perhaps he will develop the 1v1 defending in time, as he isn’t quick.

Reid was great at the end too. Some big grabs deep in defence to save the match for VC.

Van Es is not quick but Keeler is a freak. Keeler likely top 3 pick and Van Es made him work really hard.

Cardman work rate is good but not seeing anything else special about him. Perhaps he will develop the 1v1 defending in time, as he isn’t quick.

Reid looks very good. One for next years draft.

Thought Cadman looked decent speed wise, hard to tell on a screen though. Agree he didn't look special, that's why he could end up a defender.

Barnett is an interesting one. Looked good with his intercept marking, I also wonder if could play down back. Not sure if he's quick enough though.

Hasn't really been a great standard the two games I've seen. Looks to be a pretty weak draft, but at least there's some good talls to pick from.

Last edited:
Reid looks very good. One for next years draft.

Thought Cadman looked decent speed wise, hard to tell on a screen though. Agree he didn't look special, that's why he could end up a defender.

Barnett is an interesting one. Looked good with his intercept marking, I also wonder if could play down back. Not sure if he's quick enough though.

Hasn't really been a great standard the two games I've seen. Looks to be a pretty weak draft, but at least there's some good talls to pick from.

Looks like a Talls Draft. Which means it’s shallow.

I really hope we only take talls (although a speedy small forward late might work).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but its mind blowing to me North didn't take the Adelaide deal. They were never getting Darcy or Daicos and JHF is always going to be a flight risk for a club like North.

North were also still going to be rubbish this year regardless and at least could have sold having 3x 1st round picks coming in this years draft.

Add in taking Phillips over McDonald and they have ballsed up the re build so far.
Yep Adelaide offered pick 4 and two future first round picks for pick 1.

Richmond, also offered up picks 7, 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones.

If dogs want to re-gain their social media trends

Give Tom Baulch (Big on Tik Tok) from QAFL a shot
Avg: 21.9 disposals, 67.9% efficiency, 4.8 marks, 4.8 tackles, 3.0 inside 50s, 1.8 goals (17 total goals)

Can someone please clarify for me the rules around the number of picks you can bring to the draft / use to match father-son or NGA bids. I have always assumed you could “bring” more but are essentially forced to pass or trade out to the following years draft once all spots are filled.

If you have 4 list spots open can you only take 4 picks to draft night, or can you bring more but are restricted in using points from your first 4 picks in matching bids (later picks might become subsequently become useable if the first 4 picks get used for matching an early bid).

Trying to understand what Brisbane will need to do to match bids on both Ashcroft and Fletcher. Could they rock up with 4 open spots and 7 picks, use their first 4 to match Ashcroft and then 3 to match Fletcher?

Can someone please clarify for me the rules around the number of picks you can bring to the draft / use to match father-son or NGA bids. I have always assumed you could “bring” more but are essentially forced to pass or trade out to the following years draft once all spots are filled.

If you have 4 list spots open can you only take 4 picks to draft night, or can you bring more but are restricted in using points from your first 4 picks in matching bids (later picks might become subsequently become useable if the first 4 picks get used for matching an early bid).

Trying to understand what Brisbane will need to do to match bids on both Ashcroft and Fletcher. Could they rock up with 4 open spots and 7 picks, use their first 4 to match Ashcroft and then 3 to match Fletcher?

Isn't it you can only use as many picks as you have available list spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back