Game Day 2022 election - Could we have a Nahas parliament?.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to laugh. It seems like some of you have a greater passion for politics than you do for the NMFC. It's as if you barrack for political parties. And most of you appear to barrack for a political party that has red in it. Just like Essendon. Hang your heads in shame. Does anybody here ye barrack for Teal? They remind me of Port. :stern look
but are they members rather than just barrackers?

1653268160997.jpeg

I have to laugh. It seems like some of you have a greater passion for politics than you do for the NMFC. It's as if you barrack for political parties. And most of you appear to barrack for a political party that has red in it. Just like Essendon. Hang your heads in shame. Does anybody here ye barrack for Teal? They remind me of Port. :stern look
I'm barracking for these campaigners to go to jail. If I have to barrack for that at the next election I will too.

BTW speaking of * HTF did they end up in this video:

Albo in with the lowest vote in over 80 years. Labor played the game with the Teals and Greens very, very well. Kudos to their backroom people. Will be interesting to see if LNP can try to reproduce the fake independents role for themselves. I just don't think they are smart enough. They ran the worst advertising campaign I have ever seen, persevered with a leader they knew was unelectable, especially with women, but thank God Labor has a majority. At least they won't have to bend over for the Greens and Independents to get legislation through.

Suck a bag of dicks you useless twat.

And who woulda thunk it? Looks like climate change/environment, gender equality and housing affordability are huge issues for the majority! Crazy!

not really. Labor had less votes than last election and liberal had even less than that. clearly no one really cares about the policies from either party. people are just voting against the party they hate more rather than the party want in power. it's time to ditch the two party preferred.

With the WA results, I reckon we're looking at least 76 ALP seats ie an ALP majority with a strong indie contingent.

Good times folks, good times
bewilders me how anyone wants either of the majors in a majority government. both of them are bought and paid for, they couldn't care less about you.

Albo in with the lowest vote in over 80 years. Labor played the game with the Teals and Greens very, very well. Kudos to their backroom people. Will be interesting to see if LNP can try to reproduce the fake independents role for themselves. I just don't think they are smart enough. They ran the worst advertising campaign I have ever seen, persevered with a leader they knew was unelectable, especially with women, but thank God Labor has a majority. At least they won't have to bend over for the Greens and Independents to get legislation through.
Last time Labor had a minority government they were running the most functional parliament in Australia's history. No one believes that anymore cos of the media but history will show it's true when we're all dead.

bewilders me how anyone wants either of the majors in a majority government. both of them are bought and paid for, they couldn't care less about you.
Well we know one party is for sure.

Juries out on the other mob at this stage.

Last time Labor had a minority government they were running the most functional parliament in Australia's history. No one believes that anymore cos of the media but history will show it's true when we're all dead.
i like hung parliments, it means that legislation has to get passed on merrit rather than party lines,

i like hung parliments, it means that legislation has to get passed on merrit rather than party lines,

I understand we had a decent result last time but if you look at US politics and others around the world, not having a mandate often leads to both watered down and weird deals attached to the legislation. Politics has moved in this way more in recent years.

Even the return to decency style rhetoric of the weekend has been replicated with Obama and Biden and in the end there has been a struggle to get much done.

I don't want members of the government to like me.

I want them to have a decent policy platform and to have enough competence to enact those policies in a non-corrupt fashion.

Otherwise they get voted out too.

It's not rocket science.

One point that needs to be made about the Labor vote is that Labor pretty much ran dead in the teal electorates. They were basically just there to make up the numbers and concentrated their resources elsewhere. Also, there are lots of anecdotes supporting the idea that people voted tactically in these seats. For example, the seat of Curtin saw an independent get in and Labor’s vote was down by 5% despite massive swings to Labor elsewhere in Perth. The Labor vote in Goldstein is down 17.79%, Mackellar down by 9.2%, in Kooyong it’s down 11%.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, I take your point, but I'm not sure that even most members of Gillard's cabinet would agree it was the "most functional parliament in Australia's history".
If you go by results it was. EG - The NDIS is still a thing, tho Morriscum's government did everything they could to break it.

One point that needs to be made about the Labor vote is that Labor pretty much ran dead in the teal electorates. They were basically just there to make up the numbers and concentrated their resources elsewhere. Also, there are lots of anecdotes supporting the idea that people voted tactically in these seats. For example, the seat of Curtin saw an independent get in and Labor’s vote was down by 5% despite massive swings to Labor elsewhere in Perth. The Labor vote in Goldstein is down 17.79%, in Kooyong it’s down 11%.
Yes. I'm genuinely interested in the extent to which it was fluked or coordinated by ALP HQ. I suspect it was a bit of both. There was never any chance of the ALP winning the likes of Curtin, Kooyong or Goldstein. But it would have been a big drain on the Liberal party's resources to have to contest these seats against the Teals, which ultimately would have helped the ALP get over the line elsewhere.

I didn't vote for Labor, just preferenced them ahead of the other lot.

plenty of people do that. its a good thing, the sooner more people do it the sooner the two parties will lose their stranglehold on power.

I didn't vote for Labor, just preferenced them ahead of the other lot.

plenty of people do that. its a good thing, the sooner more people do it the sooner the two parties will lose their stranglehold on power.
End result is same. Vote LNP or just about every other candidate is Labor down the line. Excellent politics by Labor.

End result is same. Vote LNP or just about every other candidate is Labor down the line. Excellent politics by Labor.
The end result might be the same but the way the votes are tallied means that those parties get funding and their ideas and policies have more cred and their is pressure on the people elected to recognise them and make allowance for them.

Sure parties can ignore them but they might get voted out next time if they do cos they relied on those preferences to get elected.

I don't want members of the government to like me.

I want them to have a decent policy platform and to have enough competence to enact those policies in a non-corrupt fashion.

Otherwise they get voted out too.

It's not rocket science.
i didn't say they had to like you. but they have to have concern for you, and they couldn't care less.

one major party is voted out to the other major party, they're both bought and paid for by the same owners.

get rid of forced voting and 2 party preferred and see who really wins.

When you consider that a Federal Coalition government serves up policy and legislation compromised by QLD Nationals, that means every conservative government is a hung parliament. Not quite the point you were making, I understand.

With One Nation and UAP, this is clearly not the case. Also, LNP is not a party outside of QLD yet they don't tend to run candidates against each other. It's not dissimilar to Labor running lame in Kooyong and Goldstein and other places.

With One Nation and UAP, this is clearly not the case. Also, LNP is not a party outside of QLD yet they don't tend to run candidates against each other. It's not dissimilar to Labor running lame in Kooyong and Goldstein and other places.
one nation and uap had liberal last....

They are just independents. Saying “fake” is buying what the LNP tried to sell and pretty much everyone was smart enough to see through. And the electorate is getting younger and more progressive so whatever you don’t like about the greens and independents, you’d better get used to. Labor didn’t create that force, or play the game with it, it tried its best to shout over it (falsely saying that voters would be stuck with the now ex government if they voted for anyone but Labor). I’m relieved they are smart enough to respect it, unlike the LNP. And Albanese’s history of successful negotiations during the Gillard government wouldn’t hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back