Game Day 2022 election - Could we have a Nahas parliament?.

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm in one of the safest Labor seats so my vote either way is pretty much irrelevant.
I’m not enrolled in Gellibrand, but voted there when visiting my sister last weekend. It’s meant to be a safe Labor electorate but virtually every white, 50+ looking man and woman in line had Clive Palmer ‘how to vote’ cards. Was a little shocked at how many he seems to have conned in this area.

I'm in one of the safest Labor seats so my vote either way is pretty much irrelevant.
Same. No matter where I move, it always a safely held ALP seat or an independent. Doesn't matter if it's state or federal.

Doesn't change my voting habits though.

Vote #1, Kodos

WLPA00w.gif

same here re safe seat, monash safe seat held by a pretty moderate lib in broudbent but his anti vaxer beleifs might see his popularity wane. had a pretty strong indepepdent run which was good to see as previous years the indies running have all been single issue crackpots.

i voted the independent, not a fan of party politics.
You need party politics. If you had a government full of independents, party’s would form, otherwise nothing would get done. It’s just such a pity both party’s are so ****ed up.

We had a PM who wasn’t a career Polly in Turnbull. He was smart, articulate and progressive. But the Libs and the Australian public were too stupid to see how good he was.

You need party politics. If you had a government full of independents, party’s would form, otherwise nothing would get done. It’s just such a pity both party’s are so ducked up.

We had a PM who wasn’t a career Polly in Turnbull. He was smart, articulate and progressive. But the Libs and the Australian public were too stupid to see how good he was.
The nutters in his own party and nationals hamstrung, and ultimately turfed him. Why the Australian public rewarded them at the next election will always baffle me.

The nutters in his own party and nationals hamstrung, and ultimately turfed him. Why the Australian public rewarded them at the next election will always baffle me.
Yeah, but the catalyst was the opinion polls. It gave them the excuse, when the real reason was his push for climate change action. The Australian public should have backed him, but they’re too stupid and just followed the Labor negativity speak.

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both sides will make a deal if it helps them form government, and to think otherwise is just silly.
It's funny when people deride the prospect of major parties doing deals with minor parties when the Liberals are literally part of a coalition with a pretty wacky party led by a certifiable nut job.

I'm in the seat of Goldstein and it's likely to go to that ex ABC ******* Zoe Daniel representing Simon Holmes a Court, oh I mean the 'independents".

Both Slomo and Albo both said they would NOT do deals to form government, but I guarantee Albo would.

Although all levels of government are completely ducked, if and or when tonight goes to Labor, this country will be completely done.
They both would do deals to form Government. It's an irrelevant discussion. It won't matter - Morrison is cooked. Even his own party hate him.

I was talking to a local Reason Party candidate last week, bailed up outside a shopping centre. She was very engaging I must say and we had a good chat despite her knowing I wouldn't vote for her. Interestingly when I asked about what her people were saying re results she said how worried they were about Palmers UAP. Said their polling showed a much stronger vote than anticipated as so many people are pi55ed off with the two majors and the Greens are lunatics. Will be interested to see if they do better than expected.

Back