Game Day 2022 election - Could we have a Nahas parliament?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see most on here have been taken by the "they're both terrible and two sides of the same coin". There are clear differences in policy.

Yep. This is exactly what filth like Murdoch and his media goons love. Muddy the waters as much as you can. Sadly, it works. Someone like Morrison should never been anywhere near being a leader.

You need party politics. If you had a government full of independents, party’s would form, otherwise nothing would get done. It’s just such a pity both party’s are so ducked up.

We had a PM who wasn’t a career Polly in Turnbull. He was smart, articulate and progressive. But the Libs and the Australian public were too stupid to see how good he was.
the stability of two party system is a myth thou, in reality we’ve got more of a uni party in australia, fundamentally there isn’t much between the two.
having multiple different interest groups acting on behalf of their constituents, not corporations, is how democracy is meant to work.
and if the old guard is incapable of working this way, they should be removed, as they simply don’t stand for us..

Have driven past my local polling station a couple of times today. Almost completely deserted. Seems that everybody was so anxious to vote they all got in early. Who can blame them wanting to stop the rot?

I actually don't care who wins.

I'm refusing to vote (again, I didn't last election either) for this reason.

None of the parties and their horrific "leaders" deserve me wasting my time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird to read so many people ambivalent about the election result when climate change is literally going to reshape the economy and the environment in the lifetime of today’s kids, and there’s a clear division between libs, labor and the greens on policy.
It's OK if North play home games at Telstra Dome. With the roof closed, the environment doesn't matter one bit! They should put a roof on the G as well. And if they put big mirrors on it then they could reflect the heat back to the sun.

Not stolen, simply that palmer ran a very successful strategy to defeat labour.
Mmm, shorten built his campaign on an ambitious suite of reforms, the problem was that he had all the magnetism of a turnip, so he was uniquely susceptible to scare campaigns.

You can’t take on negative gearing unless you’ve got political capital to burn, and Bill did not.

Vote 1 hilly for PM

1. Anyone slowing down to go through a green light will be executed
2. All roundabouts to be doubled in size with all greenery removed
3. Anyone over the age of 15 using the term 'democracy sausage' will do ten years hard labor

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What’s your position on people that say Parmi & chippies?

It's OK if North play home games at Telstra Dome. With the roof closed, the environment doesn't matter one bit! They should put a roof on the G as well. And if they put big mirrors on it then they could reflect the heat back to the sun.
True, though we Might have to increase the interchange bench to compensate for half the team coming down with heat stroke every time we play the Gabba.

What is msm?
Main stream media.

So any media that is big budget or corporate. I'll read any journalism done by someone with a substack account. (Most of it is s**t but at least its their own personal s**t not something someone is paying them to unload.)

Weird to read so many people ambivalent about the election result when climate change is literally going to reshape the economy and the environment in the lifetime of today’s kids, and there’s a clear division between libs, labor and the greens on policy.
Climate change is already doing this.

Rural Australia has lots of places with ****ed economies because of fires then floods. In 2019 our national stock herds were falling and our crop yields were too. Its all cos of climate change. No one wants to admit it tho cos of the political climate. Which is one climate that needs to change. (And I mean more than just a token change of government like we'll hopefully see today.)

Climate change is already doing this.

Rural Australia has lots of places with ducked economies because of fires then floods. In 2019 our national stock herds were falling and our crop yields were too. Its all cos of climate change. No one wants to admit it tho cos of the political climate. Which is one climate that needs to change. (And I mean more than just a token change of government like we'll hopefully see today.)
Yep. To say nothing of northern qld’s tourism market smashed after the coral bleaching events, black swan bushfires, and the massive surge in the value of lithium miners over the past couple years.

In the scheme of things we’re just getting started though. Another four degrees on average by 2100.

Mmm, shorten built his campaign on an ambitious suite of reforms, the problem was that he had all the magnetism of a turnip, so he was uniquely susceptible to scare campaigns.

You can’t take on negative gearing unless you’ve got political capital to burn, and Bill did not.
More importantly you cant promise policy that will effect the big end of town like palmer or murdock because they will mobilise their resources and cut you off at the knees.

More importantly you cant promise policy that will effect the big end of town like palmer or murdock because they will mobilise their resources and cut you off at the knees.
You can but it takes a persuasive and charismatic individual to do it (in another age, Hawke’s economic reforms were a good template) and Canberra hasn’t got a surplus of persuasiveness and charisma at the moment.

Last election we had at least trwo players with electorate names - Goldy and Higgo. I think their might have been more too. More electorates should be named after footy players.

We could ave the seats of Aliir, Spengler, Vandemeer and Zurhaar.
If we recruit Jye Menzies in the MSD we’ll have another

Remove this Banner Ad

Back