Game Day 2022 election - Could we have a Nahas parliament?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's finally game day and inbetween crash tackling 7 year olds in soccer a suddenly self relfective ScoMo has vowed to change in the last week of the campaign after finally realising people think he's a bit of a campaigner. While Albo has been travelling the country, invoking the ghost of his departed Mother to remind everyone he's still a battler who did it tough.

The Goldstein battle is a big one. Can the independents cause an upset and boot out Wilson and the bloke that abandoned Victoria, Frydenburg?

Will preferences from the loony parties UAP and One Nation save the Libs this time? The polls and the bookies have Labour winning but they said that last election too.

Labour by 49 and Penny Wong to kick 7.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's finally game day and inbetween crash tackling 7 year olds in soccer a suddenly self relfective ScoMo has vowed to change in the last week of the campaign after finally realising people think he's a bit of a campaigner. While Albo has been travelling the country, invoking the ghost of his departed Mother to remind everyone he's still a battler who did it tough.

The Goldstein battle is a big one. Can the independents cause an upset and boot out Wilson and the bloke that abandoned Victoria, Frydenburg?

Will preferences from the loony parties UAP and One Nation save the Libs this time? The polls and the bookies have Labour winning but they said that last election too.

One thing is for certain….it doesn’t matter where you look (state, federal, local, libs, labour or independent) there is a serious void of genuine leadership in this country. The vast majority of these “candidates” are career pollies who are in it for their own personal gain rather than for the benefit of the community.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Resized_IMG951321.jpeg

Will preferences from the loony parties UAP and One Nation save the Libs this time?
This is what I think the outcome will be again.

It is a sad state of affairs with the leaders we have to pick from.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I still haven't decided yet. I'm in a safe Lib seat so my vote doesn't count for much anyway. None of our independents have provided anything inspiring, and I am not much of a fan of Albo or Scomo.

As for the result, my tip is a minority Labor govt but no decision tonight...

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I still haven't decided yet. I'm in a safe Lib seat so my vote doesn't count for much anyway. None of our independents have provided anything inspiring, and I am not much of a fan of Albo or Scomo.

As for the result, my tip is a minority Labor govt but no decision tonight...
same here re safe seat, monash safe seat held by a pretty moderate lib in broudbent but his anti vaxer beleifs might see his popularity wane. had a pretty strong indepepdent run which was good to see as previous years the indies running have all been single issue crackpots.

i voted the independent, not a fan of party politics.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Antony Green to call it by 22.30 hrs.

Bye Sco.& co inc.

( p.s. god l HATE Carltank )
It'll be close, I reckon. No decision tonight.

Much like last time, there's no love for the Libs but Albanese is uninspiring and nobody really believes the small target schtick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Im in Goldstein and about to go vote independent, with Libs and the nationalist 'freedom' inspired parties right down the bottom of my preferences.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs when we find ourselves in the situation we are in (rising economic difficulties, hyper inflated housing market, significant climate and environmental challenges, little investment in industry and higher education etc) and the party in power and their quisling nut job aligned smaller parties try to hold/gain power by praying on our fears of economic hardship. Its a disgrace that the most i have heard from the libs in this election campaign is about it not being a safe time for change so just vote them back in. But this runs second to their mailbox dropping about the dangers of voting independent. * them, the useless campaigners. Nothing on things that actually matter. Libs have had the reigns for 20 out of the last 25 years and have done little to nothing to safeguard the country for future generations. Economically we are one housing market crash from disaster. Our Higher Education system has become a factory for international education due to reduction in fed funding. Does our manufacturing have a heartbeat? What do we lead the world in for R&D? Why do we fear the joint is going to burn down every summer and there is nothing we can do?

Last edited:

I'm in the seat of Goldstein and it's likely to go to that ex ABC ******* Zoe Daniel representing Simon Holmes a Court, oh I mean the 'independents".

Both Slomo and Albo both said they would NOT do deals to form government, but I guarantee Albo would.

Although all levels of government are completely ****ed, if and or when tonight goes to Labor, this country will be completely done.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'm in the seat of Goldstein and it's likely to go to that ex ABC ******* Zoe Daniel representing Simon Holmes a Court, oh I mean the 'independents".

Both Slomo and Albo both said they would NOT do deals to form government, but I guarantee Albo would.

Although all levels of government are completely ducked, if and or when tonight goes to Labor, this country will be completely done.
I take it you're not sporting the aqua tshirt?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

Although all levels of government are completely ducked, if and or when tonight goes to Labor, this country will be completely done.
Both sides will make a deal if it helps them form government, and to think otherwise is just silly.

Back