Game Day 2022 election - Could we have a Nahas parliament?.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Screenshot_2022-05-21-23-10-31-72_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it just me or do a lot of these Political commentators come across as massive knobheads?

I am listening to them bang on about Albo and how great he has been, but neglected to bring up that it is an Aussie tradition to oust a party when they have been crap.

Kenny the Toilet Cleaner would be PM if the Labour Party elected him as leader, nothing to do with Albanese.

Huge shoutout to all the cooked brain anti-lockdown, anti-vaxx, covid-truther douchebags who kept saying over and over how the election would "punish" Victoria and WA especially for "killing small businesses and personal liberty" and other such nonsense.

Eat a giant bag of poo. You just got smashed.

Looking at you, old mate Snake.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Amazed how the greens are tracking. Could genuinely be a three party system within the next few elections
My son‘s first time voting. He said everyone he knows voted Green.

I‘ve hardly slept. Higgins going to Labour seemed as likely as North making a run for the 2022 flag.

Huge shoutout to all the cooked brain anti-lockdown, anti-vaxx, covid-truther douchebags who kept saying over and over how the election would "punish" Victoria and WA especially for "killing small businesses and personal liberty" and other such nonsense.

It’s only round one as well. Round two at the state election will see the ALP remain at the state level.

Majority of the country is going to be ALP at both levels.

Wouldn’t be surprised if NSW flips.

Amazed how the greens are tracking. Could genuinely be a three party system within the next few elections
There appears to be a significant segment of people voting outside the 2 major parties.

A lot of teal independents getting seats seems to indicate the rise of something alongside the greens.

This change to politics hopefully moves us away from least worst positions which moves the country to more conservative ground.

There was an interesting thing raised on the coverage I saw where they said professional women do not vote Liberal. Meaning that to win that segment the party may need to move its position on issues it has clearly lagged.

They also said something similar about young people. With a lack of assets why would they vote for a party caters more to those in a position of even moderate wealth. Tax credits mean 5/4ths of f*** all when you can’t make ends meet.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS

I couldnt resist. Silly old campaigner still uses 'twit' as his go to when talking to women.

1653175212340.png

1653175174038.png

There appears to be a significant segment of people voting outside the 2 major parties.

A lot of teal independents getting seats seems to indicate the rise of something alongside the greens.

This change to politics hopefully moves us away from least worst positions which moves the country to more conservative ground.

There was an interesting thing raised on the coverage I saw where they said professional women do not vote Liberal. Meaning that to win that segment the party may need to move its position on issues it has clearly lagged.

They also said something similar about young people. With a lack of assets why would they vote for a party caters more to those in a position of even moderate wealth. Tax credits mean 5/4ths of f*** all when you can’t make ends meet.
This kind of result should be great for our system and even further encourage more non 2 party voting. IMHO we will be a much stronger country for it too. The huge green vote as well as independents picking up seats against liberals (several of them liberal light with climate and not rorting constantly as keys of their platform) will also either pull the LNP vaguely back to being useful or begin their death spiral.

Great result for Australia.

Interesting story has been doing the rounds for years about what he did to some indig kids one of his last nights as a cop.

Suffice to say, it'll be nice to see him get his one day.
I'm torn on him as leader. Part of me thinks that Dutton as leader would make the LNP unelectable for a long time and I could live with that.

I'm torn on him as leader. Part of me thinks that Dutton as leader would make the LNP unelectable for a long time and I could live with that.
He is perfect for this exact situation, they mainly need a warm body right now, the worst situation would be to put someone else in the role and kill off their leadership aspirations
Better to have him in, chip away at the gov, get the next guy out with some more exposure before toppling in the lead up to the next one

Back