Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This league shits me sometimes with making/changing rules on the run

I say keep it as is. W-L record. If a team has a high points scored but is unlucky enough to have a s**t W-L record then they shouldn't be disadvantaged twice imo

But I really don't give a * as I don't have a pick in the first 3 rounds anyway

I say keep it as is. W-L record. If a team has a high points scored but is unlucky enough to have a s**t W-L record then they shouldn't be disadvantaged twice imo

Things evolve, gotta keep evolving too. Fair enough my scoring changes last year was a bad mistake by me to do without prior discussion, but whenever issues arise, new ideas, its good to add stuff in to continue to improve the experience. A lot of things we currently do today, which are great, we never did year one, two, three.

I do think GG's idea for power rank is the go after considering things, PP is too harsh on guys who keep a full bench and easy on guys who keep a shallow bench. Guys like Leatherheads up far too high with PP

I do think GG's idea for power rank is the go after considering things, PP is too harsh on guys who keep a full bench and easy on guys who keep a shallow bench. Guys like Leatherheads up far too high with PP, people like me far too low considering I have the 6th best all play record with PP.
Yeah, i like the formula used. Good breakdown of various things factored in to soften things, or paint a fuller picture of franchises.

Things evolve, gotta keep evolving too. Fair enough my scoring changes last year was a bad mistake by me to do without prior discussion, but whenever issues arise, new ideas, its good to add stuff in to continue to improve the experience. A lot of things we currently do today, which are great, we never did year one, two, three.
I didn't have much of an issue with the scoring change tbh. And it was in the off season which is when the rules should be tinkered with

It's potentially changing how the draft order is worked out, half way through a season which seems over the top to me because people are complaining that other people are tanking

Yet you can trade away all of your assets for draft picks (clearly not trying to win now) and that is fine?

Yet you can trade away all of your assets for draft picks (clearly not trying to win now) and that is fine?

Its not like people are going to give you a great price now on your assets because of any changes. Selling off players is still the same option/outcome it was before.

A really good team shouldn’t have a top pick imo

If you miss finals you still get a top 10 pick so it’s not like you get pick 15

A really good team shouldn’t have a top pick imo

If you miss finals you still get a top 10 pick so it’s not like you get pick 15
Why have a head to head league then if you aren't going to have the draft order replicate the results?

technically the shittest scoring team could make the finals but not get the number 1 pick if they have a good head to head record

I didn't have much of an issue with the scoring change tbh. And it was in the off season which is when the rules should be tinkered with

It's potentially changing how the draft order is worked out, half way through a season which seems over the top to me because people are complaining that other people are tanking

For transparency it’s tracking that the pick I own of yours will get worse if we do this, but I honestly think it’s the fairest way to do things.

Also think by making it PR or PP there is nothing people could have done differently to get better picks (unless trying to tank or dropping players)

Why have a head to head league then if you aren't going to have the draft order replicate the results?

technically the shittest scoring team could make the finals but not get the number 1 pick if they have a good head to head record
Ask the NBA or basically any fantasy league created in the last 2 years

Absolutely they could. I’d rather make finals than get a good pick but that’s just me. If I’m on the skirts of the finals with a bad PR/PP I can still gun for finals knowing that if I miss out I still get a pick representative of how good my roster is.

I’m not beat out to a good pick by someone with a better team playing silly buggers with their line up

In my view you either make finals (which is great) or you get a pick based on a fundamental ranking of how good your roster is, not based on a ranking of who set the worst line up each week.

We never have to get annoyed that people left in a 50:50 player, forgot to set their lineup or left a good player on their bench.

and finals teams would still be in order of elimination, still so it not like its terrible for them if they cop an unlucky loss to a lower seed in week 1 of finals.

Jesus what’s happened to this league.

Nothing is wrong with what we’ve got given how we choose to run our season.

And this is coming from someone who ‘critically analysed’ a trade to get a first next year from a team I judged to be middle of the road who are currently 5-2 or whatever.

Just enjoy yourselves for once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will play and pay either way if its changed or not. Not a breaking point for me. Just think its a good idea. Sounds like its a breaking point for the stay the same mob however. Oh well. If it comes to the league ending over this cause people wont accept a majority vote either way then so be it.

A flippant remark for the first time, 7 weeks into the year, hardly sounds make or break for the few actually posting.

I did say we should bring it in in 2024 for people who have made deals this year under current league rules. I think thats a fair compromise for both sides.

I thought one of the drivers for this league was to try to replicate the actual NFL as closely as possible, hence the reason for IDPs, contracts and salary caps. If that still holds true, then changing how the draft order is determined to potential points, power ranking or what have you takes us further away from achieving that motivation, since the NFL determines draft order by win-loss record first, and then the assorted tiebreakers (and you then only get to points scored and points allowed in all games as the fourth tie-breaker between teams with the same win-loss record).

I've just spent five minutes reading over the past few pages and shaking my head. I'm with Dagless and 00Stinger .

I've been in this league damn near 10 years (I think 2013 was the first season). Perhaps I'm being naive, but never once did I think anyone was deliberately tanking, and I do think that there are other ways to deal with someone who is tanking than overhauling what is a pretty fundamental component of the league play in response to an allegation of tanking by one individual player.

A flippant remark for the first time, 7 weeks into the year, hardly sounds make or break for the few actually posting.
It is for me

I only have capacity for a fixed number of leagues so not paying for a league that rewards tanking. Quite straightforward for me

I've been in this league damn near 10 years (I think 2013 was the first season). Perhaps I'm being naive, but never once did I think anyone was deliberately tanking, and I do think that there are other ways to deal with someone who is tanking than overhauling what is a pretty fundamental component of the league play in response to an allegation of tanking by one individual player.

I could argue that this doesnt replicate the NFL given all division members have the same schedule, some constant playoff teams get a cupcake schedule every year others who miss the playoffs play a far harder schedule every year. ... But thats neither here nor there.

Im all for alternatives, lets hear them.

It is for me

I only have capacity for a fixed number of leagues so not paying for a league that rewards tanking. Quite straightforward for me
This is of course all prefaced by the argument that someone has tanked.

Petulance at its finest.

Well done facilitating said tanking possibility btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back