Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only does PP do a better job of ensuring the worst teams get better picks but it also disincentivises playing sub optimal lineups which may impact teams vying for playoff spots

It’s s**t having to consider that a bottom team may be trying to lose and this giving free wins to teams and it deciding playoff seeding

Im a fan of PP for teams that miss playoffs to decide draft order and as eliminated for playoff teams. Mix of both. Starting in the 2024 draft as mentioned coz people have made trades for picks under the current rules for the 2023 draft.

Im a fan of PP for teams that miss playoffs to decide draft order and as eliminated for playoff teams. Mix of both. Starting in the 2024 draft as mentioned coz people have made trades for picks under the current rules for the 2023 draft.
To be clear I am advocating it only for non-playoff teams

Power rank > potential points imo
Long beach is a perfect example why PR is more robust....once i analyze and post here how it works it out.

Tho like J Shuttlesworth said, MFL sucks.

Which reminds me....those who play on Sleeper and/or commish there....can Sleeper fully do what MFL does for Empire? Salaries, contracts, auctions, scoring system similar or better? If i were to think about porting it over there, it would have to be able to essentially replicate all or as much as possible

Power rank > potential points imo
Long beach is a perfect example why PR is more robust....once i analyze and post here how it works it out.

Tho like J Shuttlesworth said, MFL sucks.

Which reminds me....those who play on Sleeper and/or commish there....can Sleeper fully do what MFL does for Empire? Salaries, contracts, auctions, scoring system similar or better? If i were to think about porting it over there, it would have to be able to essentially replicate all or as much as possible
Do we even know what the equation is for PR?

Does it include bench or is it directly a result of what line up you set

3 game win streak and I didn't even need to use the reverse jinx card today. Incredible scenes
Maybe you should berate people for tanking more often

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-4

Despite the 3rd highest total points & 3 of the top 21 scores for the year (lost 2 of those games)

Lost games by 1.12, 2.51, 2.28 & 10.54 (was under 2 pints with 3 minutes left in the last game of the round)

This game can be cruel

Power Rank - A formula designed to give an alternate view of the 'best' franchise in the league. This number is arrived at like this...

points_per_week_per_starter = A
points_per_week_per_nonstarter = B
all_play_wins_per_week = C
actual_wins = D
division_wins = E
Power Rank = A+B+C+D+E
What are the rankings across the league?

power rank > potential points, imo, but i'll add all options in....

Vote as such then...

1) keep as is, w-l record decides draft order.
2) power rank decides entire draft order.
3) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by power rank.
4) potential points decides entire draft order.
5) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by potential points.

What are the rankings across the league?
Top menu, REPORTS > STANDINGS > POWER RANK

Current as of end of week 7....

So draft order would run from bottom to top where the arrow line is. Depending if people vote for entire draft order sorted by Power Rank, or only non-play

screenshot-pr.png

Top menu, REPORTS > STANDINGS > POWER RANK

Current as of end of week 7....

So draft order would run from bottom to top where the arrow line is. Depending if people vote for entire draft order sorted by Power Rank, or only non-play

View attachment 1543074
sorry I know how to run that report.

I thought you had worked out some new formula for us to use, my bad!

sorry I know how to run that report.

I thought you had worked out some new formula for us to use, my bad!
Sorry, no I was just looking to find out exactly how MFL calculates PR as people had asked.
Imo, it's far more robust than mere potential points, takes in far more factors into consideration to truly determine the best and worst franchises.

power rank > potential points, imo, but i'll add all options in....

Vote as such then...

3) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by power rank.
5) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by potential points.
3 or 5 please

Vote as such then...

a) bring in for 2023 draft
b) bring in for 2024 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back