Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

why is this an issue now? but hasn't been before?
Only got wise to this way of doing things in the last 2 years and it is significantly better.

I’ve gone from 2 leagues to 7 and now I feel I know what I like and don’t like

PP now the draft order - “lemme just trade out this random player who COULD score a bit more or just drop them instead JIC”. Always under the guise of ‘they only have one more year on contract anyway’.

There will never be a fool proof way to limit tanking if that is an actual legitimate concern.
I think that way is far more legitimate - plus you can benefit from that in either scenario

Only got wise to this way of doing things in the last 2 years and it is significantly better.

I’ve gone from 2 leagues to 7 and now I feel I know what I like and don’t like
so you don't like the league format and want it changed?

Absolutely

If you knew there was a better way to do things wouldn’t you?
That is pretty arrogant, don't you think?

Because you prefer things another way doesn't mean that it translates into a definitive statement

That is pretty arrogant, don't you think?

Because you prefer things another way doesn't mean that it translates into a definitive statement
I didn’t come up with the idea, so no it isn’t arrogant.

Go have a scroll through Twitter, dynasty subreddit or really any platform and you will see it is the overwhelming preference across leagues

I didn’t come up with the idea, so no it isn’t arrogant.

Go have a scroll through Twitter, dynasty subreddit or really any platform and you will see it is the overwhelming preference across leagues
Saying YOU KNOW a better way is an arrogant statement

The other people are throwing up suggestions

Pretty clear and obvious I would have thought

Season wide open. Mojave continues the win streak. Drd looks the team to beat if TBG's horror luck continues.

Big game tomorrow for TGB and Arakaan. Joey B needs 20+

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Jacksonville Jaguars, Aston Villa
Season wide open. Mojave continues the win streak. Drd looks the team to beat if TBG's horror luck continues.

honestly about a 2% chance I hang on.

Damn I spent the 2 & 1/2 to 3 years I had put into building the team I wanted. I liked my team at the beginning of the season and still do now. Good depth across the board and good scorers in every position.

But we arfe going to slip to 3-5. Only saving grace is everyone in the division is around the same mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Jacksonville Jaguars, Aston Villa

honestly about a 2% chance I hang on.

OK maybe more chance now than expected.

I certainly did not expect an extra 4 point lead going into the 2nd half.

OK maybe more chance now than expected.

I certainly did not expect an extra 4 point lead going into the 2nd half.

The power of jinxing the opponent with an early "im no chance" is underrated.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Shiny third highest score of the week and loses. Tough scene. Seems to be happening a lot this year
It's especially frustrating given I'm notoriously a low scorer and have to jag my rival has a bombed week to win. Scoring 200 vs the Riders normally would result in a win :(

I'm back over .500! Even though I'm 200+ points and 20+ wins in all-play above overall 3rd placed team. Pts against is 2200! Again 200+ above third most.
That's some s**t luck

I'm back over .500! Even though I'm 200+ points and 20+ wins in all-play above overall 3rd placed team. Pts against is 2200! Again 200+ above third most.
That's some s**t luck
550 points ahead of the lowest scoring team and on the same amount of wins :eek::eek::eek:

And I thought I was having s**t luck

Youre the luckiest person in the world, 2nd in your division with a 3-6 record.
I should be 6-3 at least

4 games lost by under 3 points. 4th highest total score for qual second worst win/loss record.

Lost 2 games scoring 210+

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It really is amazing how crazy the good and bad luck is this season. I suck, can barely score 140-170, but on a 7 game win streak, and this week if Mixon scores his usual 15 pts i lose by 20+, but out of nowhere, he scores 5 TDs, never even threatened to score 2 TDs in his career so far, not like a Henry who regularly scores 2-3 TDs every week and you'd expect would one day score 5.

Empire, Alpha, Omega, i have largely the exact same rosters, and I'm 3-6 in those but 7-2 here.

It's like a heads or tails coin flip, you'd expect tails maybe two in a row, here and there, or if anything, heads five in a row, not tails seven in a row. If you sat there right now and flipped a coin 1000 times, i vet you wouldn't see a tails 7 in a row.

And the same sort of thing goes for the people coping with bad luck, unusual weekly circumstances, or reliable player gets injured early, dropped TDs, late sacks or turnovers causing a loss, etc.

Even the bad and good luck happens to all of us in micro ways....like Doubs for me got injured early, say, or one of your players had a big score out of nowhere despite losing, etc.

I see it happen all the time in Omega weekly scores, where bad luck cruels various other people too just like Empire. I'm sure it's the same in those Sleeper leagues other people are in too.

It really is amazing how crazy the good and bad luck is this season. I suck, can barely score 140-170, but on a 7 game win streak, and this week if Mixon scores his usual 15 pts i lose by 20+, but out of nowhere, he scores 5 TDs, never even threatened to score 2 TDs in his career so far, not like a Henry who regularly scores 2-3 TDs every week and you'd expect would one day score 5.

Empire, Alpha, Omega, i have largely the exact same rosters, and I'm 3-6 in those but 7-2 here.

It's like a heads or tails coin flip, you'd expect tails maybe two in a row, here and there, or if anything, heads five in a row, not tails seven in a row. If you sat there right now and flipped a coin 1000 times, i vet you wouldn't see a tails 7 in a row.

And the same sort of thing goes for the people coping with bad luck, unusual weekly circumstances, or reliable player gets injured early, dropped TDs, late sacks or turnovers causing a loss, etc.

Even the bad and good luck happens to all of us in micro ways....like Doubs for me got injured early, say, or one of your players had a big score out of nowhere despite losing, etc.

I see it happen all the time in Omega weekly scores, where bad luck cruels various other people too just like Empire. I'm sure it's the same in those Sleeper leagues other people are in too.
These results are why I like the Head to head option. And why I think the draft should stay as it is, having the so called better players doesn't equate into being a better team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back