Position 2022 Fantasy forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the consensus on T.Thomas? He seems to be getting a fair bit of hype so he's dividing my thoughts a little

He's a half forward for the bottom side in the comp whether they are next year or not.... who knows. They already have injuries.

What the consensus on T.Thomas? He seems to be getting a fair bit of hype so he's dividing my thoughts a little

He's a half forward for the bottom side in the comp whether they are next year or not.... who knows. They already have injuries.
Whether North know what they’re doing or not is the main question. He’ll be on ball if they do

One would make way you’d imagine. Thomas is arguably the best ball user of the lot. North fans seem to think he’s in their top 3 already and I tend to agree. Watch some clips from his games playing in the midfield last year.. absolute jet.

JHF is touted to come in mainly as a half forward so possibly takes Thomas’s old position there

I was keen till Roy said his average with Cunners 105 average with was 65 or 75

Add in Greenwood and Francis lots of competition for spots in there

I was keen till Roy said his average with Cunners 105 average with was 65 or 75

Add in Greenwood and Francis lots of competition for spots in there
Cunners having a 9 week chemo course which started late last year. Will be out for the foreseeable future you’d imagine

Cunners having a 9 week chemo course which started late last year. Will be out for the foreseeable future you’d imagine
the blokes a tank never doubt cunners

Anderson wont kick a ball in 2022, he's missed the pre-season and his wife doesn't want to move back to Melbourne now apparently, he's in Darwin with his 4 kids. Probably curtains for him.

If Cunners comes back it will be for a few games at the end of the season. He's still got about a month of Chemo left, then recovery, then he needs to get the all clear obviously, start training, get AFL match fit and strong again. At least a 6 month process, easily. He may even retire at the end of this season to his farm imo.

Greenwood was a huge recruit because of the above two. He will play the pivot.

Thomas is arguably our best midfielder already, the only reason he wont play 100% midfield is because he kicks too many goals for a young midfielder, so will likely play 80/20 mid/fwd.. He's a level above even Simpkin already and probably my favourite for our B&F.

Noble has said JHF will play 70/30 fwd/mid. He shouldn't be in discussions regarding lack of midfield minutes, he's going to be mainly a forward in 2022.

Phillips and Powell are above him in the pecking order for center square time and JHF is frankly a much more dangerous proposition running around half forward than those two.

Last edited:
Hmm North do have Cunnington, Simpkin, Greenwood, Anderson, LDU, JHF, Powell, W.Phillips of whom not many can play elsewhere to great effect

I mean, Greenwood started as a forward at Adelaide and rested forward at GC.

JHF is literally a Fyfe/Dusty/Danger mid/fwd hybrid.

Thomas is the best u/22 mid/fwd in the game.

Powell and Phillips both played there at times last year, admittedly to little success.

Cunnington/Anderson will play maybe 3 games between them this year.

Does any club have a more flexible young combo than JHF/Thomas? Strange comment.

The starting midfield is likely going to be Goldstein - Greenwood - Simpkin - LDU. With Thomas on a wing and playing a lot of center bounces and also drifting to half forward at times.

JHF probably moves into the midfield when Thomas goes deep forward.

Stephenson is the other forgotten in these discussions, he averaged almost 20+1 last year. Like Thomas he will play a lot of football on the opposite wing, drifting forward.

Greenwood brings a two-way defensive accountability that even Cunners lacked and LDU and Simpkin certainly lack.

Goater needs to be considered from our perspective, from what I've seen he's a firm chance off half back for round 1 if his pre-season form translates into the warm up games. Even if he doesn't start Rnd 1, he's playing 15+ games. He's every bit as good as Simpkin, Thomas, Powell, LDU when they came to the club. I've even said on the North board, I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes above JHF in the RS from what I've seen, he's an utter athletic cyborg.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me there's 4 standout value FWDs

De Goey: Priced at 84 and went 110 over the last 9 rnds with a lowest score of 93. Those are ridiculous numbers for a FWD.

T. Thomas: Priced at 81 and went at 107 over the last 5 rnds

Heeney: Priced at 76 and went 98 in 5 out of the 6 last rounds. Obviously this pick is reliant on the touted midfield minutes.

D. Rioli: I'm going to include Rioli here even though I have him in DEF for now, his DPP will be handy when linked with Skinner/De Koning/Kelly. Priced at 56 and went at 79 learning the role over the last 5 games.

Kiddy is also a watch for the same reasons as Rioli but I feel his game is more suited to SC.

Butters is also a watch, priced the same as Heeney and also likely to be playing midfield.

Jade Gresham (AF $509k SC $299k M/F)

@stkildafc's Gresham: "I definitely feel like I can play more in the middle. I’ll still play forward but I like to think I’m now the fittest I’ve ever been & the strongest I’ve ever been. I feel really fit & healthy."

#AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

From all reports from the club and the fact he has the talent to succeed anyone thinking about Stengle as an option

298k puts him at a little bit of an uncomfortable price but still almost rookie priced

From all reports from the club and the fact he has the talent to succeed anyone thinking about Stengle as an option

298k puts him at a little bit of an uncomfortable price but still almost rookie priced
Unfortunately talent with white line fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back