Discussion 2022 Fantasy General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks. Would appreciate it if anyone can point me towards a web resource that calculates the Magic Number each week.
Alternatively, is there a website that provides a 'Priced At' value for each player (or a calculation that I can plug into my spreadsheet)?

Hey folks. Would appreciate it if anyone can point me towards a web resource that calculates the Magic Number each week.
Alternatively, is there a website that provides a 'Priced At' value for each player (or a calculation that I can plug into my spreadsheet)?
Priced at ...at the season start or now ?

Probably this site ....you can divide price by points

It also has a section to forecast price movements ....click on a player ..click on salary prediction ....you can plug in expected scores to see impact on price

1651456947016.png

You are both a scholar and a gentleman, WaynesWorld19 . I thank you.

GIF by MOODMAN

Macrae or Dunkley C? Dunkley on form but Macrae on historical performances at the MCG.. so torn on who's the better option, slightly leaving towards Dunkley.
Lean harder towards Dunks. Macrae is a shell of his former self. VC on Dunks for the loop and C on another big dog who plays later in the weekend.

What do you guys think Noah Anderson will end up averaging? Been very solid apart from a 55 in round 3?

Not sure if needs a new thread but we need a FANTASY COMMANDMENTS list.

Inspired by Kirk's post in the other thread

Additionally:
-Pick the solo ruckmen if you can
-Identify those that have a major role upgrade due to LTI (eg. Brodie for Fyfe, Parish for Shiel/Caldwell) and back them in early.
-Mature age rookies

they are talking about 23 and no sub next year would create havoc
The one thing, you can always guarantee with the AFL .....is that all changes, usually get back to the original starting point

After getting back to 23 .....the clubs will want a 24th player as a sub, so as to not be disadvantaged with a concussion

I really think the AFL are clueless & spineless

If the clubs don't want a sub .....and they want more coaching dept $$$ ......just do away with the sub & make it back to 22 ....as it was

Next, if the clubs get 23 players ....the clubs will lobby for an increase in interchange numbers .....so everything returns back to club "normal"

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing, you can always guarantee with the AFL .....is that all changes, usually get back to the original starting point

After getting back to 23 .....the clubs will want a 24th player as a sub, so as to not be disadvantaged with a concussion

I really think the AFL are clueless & spineless

If the clubs don't want a sub .....and they want more coaching dept $$$ ......just do away with the sub & make it back to 22 ....as it was

Next, if the clubs get 23 players ....the clubs will lobby for an increase in interchange numbers .....so everything returns back to club "normal"

giphy.gif
in before we end up with 26 all emergencies can play

it's mental why not just allow unlimited interchanges again

West Coast will struggle to field a team each week if it's 26 a side.
call up some women's players im sure a few could handle it haha

Because we'll end up with rolling scrums again
Oh yeah problematic so the afl aim is to make all the players super tired so they cany get to the play haha

Unfortunately that will probably happen either way as players get fitter and fitter and if i have a choice i would much rather my teams players train skills weekly not endurance which is what a lot of training is about now.

We already see players getting overlooked if they can't run as well as others and it will only get worse in the future i am afraid.

Maybe the umpires can just pay HTB instead of letting players drop the ball when they're tackled...or even a ball up within the first 2 minutes of a scrimmage and then not wait for every player to crowd around while team work out who's nominating for the ruck contest.

Maybe the umpires can just pay HTB instead of letting players drop the ball when they're tackled...or even a ball up within the first 2 minutes of a scrimmage and then not wait for every player to crowd around while team work out who's nominating for the ruck contest.
Isn't that what the AFL said they were going to do ??

So ....why are people not going to the Football, in the numbers, B4 the pandemic

I saw a number yesterday ....19% down on 2019

I've had a lot of discussions & personal thoughts on this ....these are my 4 conclusions

1. Club Members used to just rock up at games, scan their membership ticket ...and go to their allocated seats ...now they have to go online to get a ticket & pay a booking fee ....many are saying **** that !

2. Going to the football is a habit ....and that habit has been broken

3. Many people suffered financially during & continuing post pandemic .....they now simply watch on TV

4. The game is changing .....as Eddie McGuire said last night, the contact nature of the game is disappearing .....the fans are totally frustrated, they're seeing players suspended for actions Coach's have always applauded (shepherding)

Now I know, every year, people say that's it ...not renewing membership, not going to the footy again ect ect .....and by n large, it's a furphy ......but IMO there is a straw that breaks the Camels back

They're seeing a politicising of the game .....a corporate look, the average fan is hating

Understand the head knocks & legal implications, down the track ......but it is an occupational habit, you sign up, knowing may occur ......how does boxing / MMA handle ?
If you don't want the head knocks, don't play .....if you want the insane $$$$ , then there is a trade-off .....you cannot tell me the skills of today's AFL footballer (in the main) is worthy of $500K - $1M a year

Do you ruin the fabric of the game, to avoid legal action ......seems to me, the AFL's priority is not in the right area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back