Discussion 2022 Fantasy General Discussion / Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I’m hoping. The game looses all its appeal if your season is just decimated by Covid while others may just get lucky and have an extra 5+ available simply due to covid even if you select a full playing bench.
I've given up at BBL fantasy campaigners completly ****ed

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1642218824316.png

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if anyone has seen the pictures, but Macrae of the Collingwood variety is looking thhhiiicc. Jack averaged 104 in his second season...

Mentioned him a few days ago and the comparisons to his brother. He’s another ball magnet and I’m very tempted at his price to get JHF perhaps up to him if he has a strong PS. Could see him going at 80-85 if he gets a good role and opportunity.

Interesting to see how the new coach approaches things at the pies. Does he want a few early wins to ease pressure as a new coach or does he play the kids and take the long term rebuild approach? If it’s the second one, he could be an excellent pick.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
With players likely missing every week from Covid ala the BBL, how important are bench spots this year?

Maybe players like Hamling will actually be worth a D8 spot just so you can bank points rather than having a D8 rookie not playing and then losing two starters from Covid Iso

Might need more than 2 trades a week too

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
With players likely missing every week from Covid ala the BBL, how important are bench spots this year?

Maybe players like Hamling will actually be worth a D8 spot just so you can bank points rather than having a D8 rookie not playing and then losing two starters from Covid Iso

Might need more than 2 trades a week too

I think its going to be huge to have a full bench even thinking might pay abit more for bench rookies.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
In that case, load up on Freo players!
This hub thing could actually be a good talking point. Some players to their own admission did not take the hub life well (Grundy for example). Where as say Lachie Neale hubbed in the GC produced a career best year.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Surely cases right now is a good thing? You 'shouldn't' be able to get Omicron twice right? Or at least it should give you natural antibodies for at least four to six months. Get the whole team to catch it and then play on through the season.
I'd say this is the case ....quotes that half of AFL players have/had Covid is not a bad thing ....with 3 months B4 the season start, we may avoid a lot of the carnage impacting BBL

Surely cases right now is a good thing? You 'shouldn't' be able to get Omicron twice right? Or at least it should give you natural antibodies for at least four to six months. Get the whole team to catch it and then play on through the season.
I know someone who got Delta then Omicron so lord knows

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Yeah you can get Omicron following Delta, but shouldn't be able to catch the same variant twice is my understanding.
I'm pretty sure you can get the same variant twice, its something about it being so contagious that it can overcome past immunity from vaccinations/previous infections

TimmyD11

Team Captain
May 19, 2015
Kapunda
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
I know someone who got Delta then Omicron so lord knows

You can always get each variant as they are all different, however you shouldn’t get the same variant twice in terms that you are unwell, it will be significantly less serious. Granted half the comp has had this variant but soon enough there will be another variant to worry about.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah you can get Omicron following Delta, but shouldn't be able to catch the same variant twice is my understanding.

I'm pretty sure you can get the same variant twice, its something about it being so contagious that it can overcome past immunity from vaccinations/previous infections

You can always get each variant as they are all different, however you shouldn’t get the same variant twice in terms that you are unwell, it will be significantly less serious. Granted half the comp has had this variant but soon enough there will be another variant to worry about.
Guys ....please keep any CoVid discussion only as it relates to AFL Fantasy ....no CoVid discussion outside that please ;)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Guys ....please keep any CoVid discussion only as it relates to AFL Fantasy ....no discussion outside that please ;)
It relates in that players who have it now won't be immune later in the season as their immunity wears off

So picking players who have it now shouldn't lead to an advantage

Unless the rules change on players have asymptomatic infections which is highly unlikely, they may have it and not be sick but still be forced to sit out to protect others

Have to remember they will be tested weekly throughout the season

Guys ....please keep any CoVid discussion only as it relates to AFL Fantasy ....no CoVid discussion outside that please ;)
just wondering if Jake Lloyd is a lock

Last edited by a moderator:

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
just wondering if Jake Lloyd is a lock
In my opinion, not necessarily.

I would think as Swans improve they'll be less likely to need the seagull out back.

He'll still be in the top 2 or 3 defenders though so you can't really go wrong in picking him. I just don't think it'll overly hurt to not start him at $823k.

In my opinion, not necessarily.

I would think as Swans improve they'll be less likely to need the seagull out back.

He'll still be in the top 2 or 3 defenders though so you can't really go wrong in picking him. I just don't think it'll overly hurt to not start him at $823k.
I also meant he got covid last year so means he can't get it twice hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back