Discussion 2022 Fantasy General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, i listened last year. I wonder if my account has rolled over.
I think, he said you will get an email first week in Feb, with that email you can log in and sign up again

Was his advice worth the fee? Lots of free fantasy content out there - does Moreira's add anything not already covered elsewhere?
previous x2 winner

more in-depth statistical analysis

help with what trades are best who's on the bubble

Breakout watch does analysis to try to pick breakouts

called Hind Caldwell Parish exploding last year, did say to avoid Phillips, missed touk miller though

Nic Newman without Simpson or Doc...discuss, yes or no?

Is anyone playing the Womens AFL Fantasy? if so, how is Covid affecting the game?

Was his advice worth the fee? Lots of free fantasy content out there - does Moreira's add anything not already covered elsewhere?
The fee is pretty minimal, like 2.99 a month if I recall correctly. I pay $30 a month to watch replays of Manchester United games through Optus Sports because I almost never remember to stay up to watch the games live. I'm an idiot but I can spare a few bucks.

80% of the money goes to charity for a good cause and honestly he goes far more in depth than almost all the free content

I don’t want to come in with the breaking news or anything but the latest app update sucks donkey balls so much.

It’s probably a good thing though as it forces me to go on the Mac and saves me from doing 100 pointless changes everyday.

I don’t want to come in with the breaking news or anything but the latest app update sucks donkey balls so much.

It’s probably a good thing though as it forces me to go on the Mac and saves me from doing 100 pointless changes everyday.
It's still being fine tuned ....yesterday's issues were a million adverts flooding the app ....that was turned off last night

It normally takes a couple of weeks to get back to normality .....we're halfway there

Nic Newman without Simpson or Doc...discuss, yes or no?
Apparently Doc is looking pretty good in training. Just joined the main group and dominated match sim I believe.

Not that it matters to anyone but I haven’t been contributing on here lately because of a lack of time, so what time I do have I’ve used reading training reports.

I must congratulate contributors on the North, Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide, Freo and Collingwood boards for their work. Probably other less Fantasy relevant teams that I haven’t seen as well.

Also, the many podcasts out there have been good to keep the thoughts ticking over while driving.

Just on concessions for Covid, I hope not too many are implemented. It should be a component of our planning. I have a team put together as an option for Covid proofing. I would hate to (maybe) go down that road only for people to get their Aaron Hall and Tim Taranto scores reimbursed meanwhile I’m getting averages from mid pricers or other mid pricers coming in off the bench delivering 80’s.

I think we’ve had pretty fair warning of what we are likely to face. We should now choose a strategy to combat it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do see alot of we will see from PS games ect and know more about role. I'd be extra careful this year. PS games are going to be heavily affected by many best 22 players missing due to covid isolation or actually having the virus. I read somewhere that 200 players not long ago were affected by the virus.

I'm basically ignoring Preseason this year unless we somehow are just playing with the virus Which I doubt

Was there a back story to why we no longer play 'Dream Team'?

Licensing issues maybe?
I believe afl wanted to run their own comp once the popularity and profitability became so clear. That’s the same time “unlimited” trades came in to increase engagement year long

RDT then continued as a seperate comp.

Without backing from afl, major newspaper (supercoacj) it has really dived in numbers (and prizes)

Still I reckon the % of those who are serious players is high (as naturally they are more likely long term legacy players) so it’s a good comp and keeps the purist limited trades.

Apparently Doc is looking pretty good in training. Just joined the main group and dominated match sim I believe.

Not that it matters to anyone but I haven’t been contributing on here lately because of a lack of time, so what time I do have I’ve used reading training reports.

I must congratulate contributors on the North, Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide, Freo and Collingwood boards for their work. Probably other less Fantasy relevant teams that I haven’t seen as well.

Also, the many podcasts out there have been good to keep the thoughts ticking over while driving.

Just on concessions for Covid, I hope not too many are implemented. It should be a component of our planning. I have a team put together as an option for Covid proofing. I would hate to (maybe) go down that road only for people to get their Aaron Hall and Tim Taranto scores reimbursed meanwhile I’m getting averages from mid pricers or other mid pricers coming in off the bench delivering 80’s.

I think we’ve had pretty fair warning of what we are likely to face. We should now choose a strategy to combat it

What exactly is covid proofing?
Going mid pricier so that even if you lose a few you won't run short of rookies to plug holes?

If you can hang your hat on anything, they will make it as easy as possible to navigate the covid outs. It'll be averages, or free trades (probably averages.. as it's the only thing that covers the event that players are late outs mid-round).

What exactly is covid proofing?
Going mid pricier so that even if you lose a few you won't run short of rookies to plug holes?
Exactly? I have no idea, but I wanted to explore a line-up that could minimise the effects of players missing.

Spend less for the first 22 and bulk up the bench so that rather being an M5, perhaps Daicos would be an M9 or 10.

If a ruck was out then Preuss could come off the bench perhaps.

You could take it further and look at age, marital and lifestyle profiles to also minimise exposure.

Who knows, but if Fantasy are going to give us a bail out with averages etc. it makes all that moot, but it would be only fair to announce that prior to the season.

We know what to expect with the pandemic situation and it would be prudent to build in insurance given players are likely to be missing regularly. You would be pretty ripped off if you were disadvantaged by planning for those circumstances.

We need to know before the season what Fantasy plan to do.

I'm personally not stressed about covid. Won't be making any changes to my team because of it.
Same here ....2 months away, there'll be a lot of lessons from the BBL season .....not even thinking about CoVid implications

You will have noticed a new badge system ....details are here

All badges appear on your user profile on the side/top of posts .....by default

You can however decide which badges you want displayed and in "some" order by clicking on your profile and then clicking on "badges" ....there you'll see all you awarded badges

By clicking the "loudspeaker icon" only the badges you click the icon for will show in your profile .....the order be determined by how your badges are arranged top to bottom .....click in the order you want them

1643791085810.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back