Position 2022 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do people think Cerra is at? I'm really struggling to put an average next to his name. I had him last year in a couple drafts. He started the season pretty solidly last year then got injured on 17. Came back and looked off the pace. Averaged around 84 for the first 5 weeks then had the bye and after the bye went at 95 including a 138. 95 definitely doesn't seem good enough at his price but does anyone see him going closer to 105 with natural improvement? The extra 60k saveed from Neale is handy
I’ve currently got both Neale and Cerra but if you can only fit one of them don’t be scared to do something a little different and go with Cerra - I’m hugely optimistic about what he can do this year.

Anyone going with both Steele and Touk? Super tempting given Steele’s early fixture plus I actually don’t mind Touk’s early fixture as well outside of 1-2 games. I’m trying to start with a half decent bye structure as far as my premiums go and going Touk over the other guys I like in Oliver, Mitchell etc really balances it

Is Touk Miller must have? I don't, trying to go with cheaper premiums but I can just see him burning me every single week.

Is Touk Miller must have? I don't, trying to go with cheaper premiums but I can just see him burning me every single week.
Firstly you ask is he a must have? Secondly you say he isn't. Thirdly you say he'll burn you every single week.

I think what you're asking, is if he's a must have starter? The answer depends on how you approach filling your starting team, whether you go for the high priced players from last year, or go for value with a clear trading strategy to get those that you deem as 'must haves'.

For me it's a matter of chasing value to begin with but having a couple of C options as well. I'm not starting Touk or Steele because I see them as fairly priced and probably my 1st two upgrade targets, the difficulty is getting them in as early as possible and that can't be done quickly with normal rookie upgrades, so I have stepping stones that should increase in value similar to a rookie but because of their embedded value they make it much easier to upgrade to those uber premiums.

My team needs at least 6 of those uber premiums to be added so I've loaded up with 7 stepping stones to facilitate those upgrades, there's clearly doubt that they all will work, but that's my approach this year.

Last edited:
Where do people think Cerra is at? I'm really struggling to put an average next to his name. I had him last year in a couple drafts. He started the season pretty solidly last year then got injured on 17. Came back and looked off the pace. Averaged around 84 for the first 5 weeks then had the bye and after the bye went at 95 including a 138. 95 definitely doesn't seem good enough at his price but does anyone see him going closer to 105 with natural improvement? The extra 60k saveed from Neale is handy
He averages 104-105 this season.

Thought on Trac?
Haven’t seen much talk about him last few weeks as he seems to be overshadowed by Oliver Fantasy-wise, however I think he has the potential to be one of the top 5 mids come season end…
Oliver seems to handball just way too much. He had 35-touch games last season and barely cracked 100 at times.
Trac kicks the ball a lot more, scores goals, and tackles just as hard as Oliver… I mean he’s a genuine Brownlow contender and I feel like he’s gone a bit under the radar, what do we think?

Thought on Trac?
Haven’t seen much talk about him last few weeks as he seems to be overshadowed by Oliver Fantasy-wise, however I think he has the potential to be one of the top 5 mids come season end…
Oliver seems to handball just way too much. He had 35-touch games last season and barely cracked 100 at times.
Trac kicks the ball a lot more, scores goals, and tackles just as hard as Oliver… I mean he’s a genuine Brownlow contender and I feel like he’s gone a bit under the radar, what do we think?
He is a gun. The thing that concerns me is he will be the first tagged. Everyone will be itching to get at the Dees as they are the new measuring stick, I can see his output dropping a touch this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The past 5 winners haven't started started the highest averaging player from the year before, so Touk (and Steele) aren't must haves.
Further on this.. apart from the dollar per point argument I reckon the other reason teams without those guys have got ahead in the past is those who did start them took the C off them at stages which negates their value. If you start Touk or Steele have to either VC loop or straight captain them for 22 games straight with no wavering to max their value. No trying to chase points elsewhere if Grundy has a good match up for instance.

Don't see the massive upside. Already had as much opportunity last season as he will get this season. May increase average by 10 points but won't become a keeper.
I respect that mate, I don't see him going backwards and I do see him one day becoming a regular really top scorer but I question if there is enough upside to warrant the pick. I've been hot on Serong but the closer we get to the start of the season the more I'm preferring Crouch and even Cripps.

I'm strongly coming around to Josh Kelly as a great M2-3. Priced @ 103 he's a 115 if he puts it all together again. Tweaked his ankle early in a game last year and still battled through to score 100 which I liked. Not really worried about him getting Leon'd as he's already been tried off a half forward flank with mixed results. Having Whit and Cogs already + the inevitable Taranto upgrade is the only sticking point.

I'm strongly coming around to Josh Kelly as a great M2-3. Priced @ 103 he's a 115 if he puts it all together again. Tweaked his ankle early in a game last year and still battled through to score 100 which I liked. Not really worried about him getting Leon'd as he's already been tried off a half forward flank with mixed results. Having Whit and Cogs already + the inevitable Taranto upgrade is the only sticking point.

In my side, value

YeH if Taranto gets that midfield role early and looks a must have, it could mean 4 GWS players in the side by the byes which isn’t ideal. Brayshaw is there at about the same price who I also like

In my side, value
Just to play devils advocate, aside from a lot of eggs in the GWS basket another query could be his CBA's taking a hit when Taranto moves back into the middle. Kelly had 64% CBA's last year from round 7 onward when he was moved back into the midfield, which was good as a FWD but I'd want a touch more starting him as an uber mid. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure his CBA's were a lot higher in his 115 year. No question of talent just those around him which could cap him at the same 110 mark he averaged rounds 7-22 last year.

WW19 checks to see if any spies in the camp .....are there leaks ....does kozi have a spy hole into my team ??

Just to play devils advocate, aside from a lot of eggs in the GWS basket another query could be his CBA's taking a hit when Taranto moves back into the middle. Kelly had 64% CBA's last year from round 7 onward when he was moved back into the midfield, which was good as a FWD but I'd want a touch more starting him as an uber mid. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure his CBA's were a lot higher in his 115 year. No question of talent just those around him which could cap him at the same 110 mark he averaged rounds 7-22 last year.

I don’t know proper facts but Lachie Whitfield coming back means Kelly does whatever he wants in the midfield. Read Something like that during preseason

Anyone else getting cold feet on Crouch? Nicks said today he will get a couple of rests on the bench a quarter and rest up forward at times. Didn’t feel me with a lot of confidence
Called him an upgrade target which was met with some disagreement. Don't see his price moving too much in the early stages. That 107 he's averaged before looks a pipe dream for the first month at least.

How many times have the top 2 mids been in the top 4 the following year, or not dropped value?

I believe the stats say neither steele or touk will be M1 or M2 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back