1645324148586.png

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I’m currently looking at going a deeper midfield set up like this. Touch worried a lot of rookies won’t be up to it with so many cancelled games last year but it’s still too early to say something like that so will have to see. I don’t mind going a deeper midfield this year though as you’re able to without sacrificing depth in other positions due to the higher salary cap. Rowell at M6 seems super deep compared with previous years but due to what could be some serious covid devastation it might be a decent move. Probably too far out to really know right now but food for thought
FWIW my M6-8 is Rowell, Daicos, Clark

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
GC midfield - Touk, Fiorini, Ellis, Swallow, Rowell, Anderson, Weller.... Constable is going to struggle to get good midfield minutes with all these guys ahead of him.

Add Bowes to that mix too, as he's been training with the mids all summer. There's definitely no room for Constable in that midfield mix.

Ironically, our midfield probably has less competition right now with Selwood likely playing less games, and Menegola getting over injury.

GC midfield - Touk, Fiorini, Ellis, Swallow, Rowell, Anderson, Weller.... Constable is going to struggle to get good midfield minutes with all these guys ahead of him.
I just have faith 🙏

Personally I think Tom Powell is a far better starting option for $50k more, plus he has fwd status!!
Just been reading things that he promised first shot at the inside mid role, if that's the case i hope he scores well

That is interesting. Whilst I think it’s a big call not to start Steele, I do see a world where he comes down and only averages 108-112
Just listening to Moreira's Podcast

So no Steele/Touk

Going a Mitchell/Lyons/Macrae/Oliver

Only year when it happened was the back to back years when Titch went nuts guessing 2018 when his opponent went full priced Titch

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Just listening to Moreira's Podcast

So no Steele/Touk

Going a Mitchell/Lyons/Macrae/Oliver

Only year when it happened was the back to back years when Titch went nuts guessing 2018 when his opponent went full priced Titch
I think there’s merit in it. Up until his bye Steele was averaging 113 before he went nuts late. So could be just be 113 all season? Guess it’s possible

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
I think Steele opening 5 games are what is going to make me pick him such a juicy run

I think Steele opening 5 games are what is going to make me pick him such a juicy run
I defiantly agree but all it takes is one 80 and he drops quicker then my will to live around Christmas Music

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah this is it hey, his start is crazy it just seems like a no brainer and even if he were to drop an 80 I feel like he could easily just make it up and drop a 150 odd the following week

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Personally I think Tom Powell is a far better starting option for $50k more, plus he has fwd status!!
One high ranking & regular high ranking fantasy player has a policy ....outside of rookie year, he won't select a player whose played less than 50 games

Obviously a player's price is higher, but also under 50 games we get a big volatility in scoring from round to round

Powell will be a great Fantasy player ....but It's a no from me on the above basis ....PLUS I never select a 2nd year player ....those damn 2nd year Blues, they're real !

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
One high ranking & regular high ranking fantasy player has a policy ....outside of rookie year, he won't select a player whose played less than 50 games

Obviously a player's price is higher, but also under 50 games we get a big volatility in scoring from round to round

Powell will be a great Fantasy player ....but It's a no from me on the above basis ....PLUS I never select a 2nd year player ....those damn 2nd year Blues, they're real !
Yeah, I don't think I will start with Powell, but was just pointing out that he is a better option at that price than Constable!

Interesting concept.....that means no Hind or Cumming last year, missing out on Oliver's 2nd and 3rd year and no Rowell this year!!

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah, I don't think I will start with Powell, but was just pointing out that he is a better option at that price than Constable!

Interesting concept.....that means no Hind or Cumming last year, missing out on Oliver's 2nd and 3rd year and no Rowell this year!!
Constable is a huge risk ....that said, if he's going to play off a HBF ...it's worth a PS peak

Cumming was a surprise, there are exceptions ....it was only Hind's 3rd year, but off-setting that, he's 27 YO ...but again I didn't pick him at $400K R1
Hinds scoring was very volatile ....and this was the argument behind the 50+ game rule

And Rowell is technically a 3rd year player ......2nd year Blues ruined his 2021 season

But I'm sticking to two principles;
1. No 2nd year players
2. Outside Rookies, no players under 50 games .....or unless they are close to rookie priced

Constable is a huge risk ....that said, if he's going to play off a HBF ...it's worth a PS peak

Cumming was a surprise, there are exceptions ....it was only Hind's 3rd year, but off-setting that, he's 27 YO ...but again I didn't pick him at $400K R1
Hinds scoring was very volatile ....and this was the argument behind the 50+ game rule

And Rowell is technically a 3rd year player ......2nd year Blues ruined his 2021 season

But I'm sticking to two principles;
1. No 2nd year players
2. Outside Rookies, no players under 50 games .....or unless they are close to rookie priced
Some players did well Anderson, Walsh, Serong, Barlow

Interesting Moieras going to talk more about the second year blues upcoming podcast

Hollands does interest me from last year

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Here's one for the brain's trust:

Yeo + 228K

or

Walsh + 10K

Leaning towards the former given how easy his draw is to start the season, and the benefit of having 228K in the kitty to start the season and plug any holes.

Thoughts?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Here's one for the brain's trust:

Yeo + 228K

or

Walsh + 10K

Leaning towards the former given how easy his draw is to start the season, and the benefit of having 228K in the kitty to start the season and plug any holes.

Thoughts?
I have Yeo at the moment. The value is through the roof if he can hit his previous heights and by all reports he’s nearing his best again

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
I have Yeo at the moment. The value is through the roof if he can hit his previous heights and by all reports he’s nearing his best again

He's been in there for the past month for me - and was in my team post bye last year as well. If he can get back to his peak, he's a 105-110 player IMO. With that said, Walsh could be the best fantasy player in the comp next year, given his rapid ascension and his massive ceiling. At this stage though, I'm definitely leaning towards keeping the cash, as it's going to be a very uncertain season and it's probably best to minimize risk as much as possible

Back