Neale @94
Cripps @81
De Goey @84 (possible F status)
Caldwell @58
Danger @86 (possible F status)
Duncan @100 (possible F status)
Sicily @60
Dunkley @91 (possible F status)

These forward lines are going to be stacked based on that!

JdG, Dunks no chance I wouldn't think.
But nice thanks!

What about Butters?
thats-me-butters.gif

JdG, Dunks no chance I wouldn't think.
But nice thanks!

What about Butters?
thats-me-butters.gif

I think butters will certainly hold F status. He will be locked in my team round 1 unless there is any injuries over the PS.

He will look to move into the midfield and will be underpriced already given his Injury issues this year. Could see him being more of a 60/40 split between midfield and forward.

Sceptical of Dunks maintaining his F status but even as a mid he looks to offer great value. Think JDG would have to maintain his F status though seeing as the first 3/4 of the year he hardly stepped out of the forward line.

If the forward premos can start with JDG, Marshall and one of Dunks/Duncan (according to champion data he meets the mark) then that’s a solid start.

Some very juicy price average projections in here

Milera @45
Neale @94
Cripps @81
De Goey @84 (possible F status)
Caldwell @58
Danger @86 (possible F status)
Duncan @100 (possible F status)
Sicily @60
Dunkley @91 (possible F status)

These forward lines are going to be stacked based on that!

Brodie keeps forward status too I would think - which makes him an absolute lock if so.

I want to pick Duncan most years, but if he's available as a forward an only at 730Kish, then I'm doing that without thinking

Brodie keeps forward status too I would think - which makes him an absolute lock if so.

I want to pick Duncan most years, but if he's available as a forward an only at 730Kish, then I'm doing that without thinking

Duncan tends to screw me no matter what way I go. Hate him when I have him and when I don’t.

Every year which Ive traded him in or a couple years started him only to screw me over by being a late out on a couple occasions or gets injured. Then if I don’t have him he smacks out 120 after 120! Either way as he’s going to be at least 10 points under priced for a premo I’ll likely start him whether he’s a forward or not next year.

Duncan tends to screw me no matter what way I go. Hate him when I have him and when I don’t.

Every year which Ive traded him in or a couple years started him only to screw me over by being a late out on a couple occasions or gets injured. Then if I don’t have him he smacks out 120 after 120! Either way as he’s going to be at least 10 points under priced for a premo I’ll likely start him whether he’s a forward or not next year.

He's that type of player that you just have to roll the dice on - as he's not overly injury prone (most of his injuries have been long term impact injuries not soft tissue ones and he's actually only missed 1 or 2 games per season in his previous 5 seasons - so he's very durable contrary to perception), and hope that he just makes it through.

I always find it's better to start these type of players, rather than trade them in halfway through the year, as then they're already priced higher and you're right in the thick of the comp. If you get him at the beginning and things go to hell 4-6 weeks in, it's no great loss because your trades aren't as valuable early on as they are later in the year.

That's my reasoning anyway, haha. He's my favourite fantasy player, along with Macrae (and now Steele) - so I won't be able to resist at that price, and especially if he's a forward.

He's one of the only players that just plays wherever he wants, and gets +6's in every area of the ground - while taking kick ins and then kicking goals as well. Just the complete fantasy package when he's on song!

Last edited:
Here’s a list of guys that are on my watch list early on.
Anyone who played less than 10 games this year I compared average to 2020 and took the higher one then added in games played discount. All prices based on magic number from last year of 7638, would assume they would all be within 10k unless there’s a dramatic increase in salary cap and therefore magic number in 2022.

Defenders:
Hall - 832k
Crisp - 777k DPP hopeful
Lloyd - 750k
Stewart - 738k
Whitfield - 724k DPP hopeful
Daniel - 664k
Ridley/Houston - 611k
Z.Williams - 546k
Clark - 503k
Sicily - 464k
Milera - 344k

Midfield:
Miller - 931k
Steele - 927k
Macrae - 885k
Mitchell - 882k
Walsh/Oliver - 832k
Brayshaw - 796
J.Kelly - 792k DPP??
Duncan - 766k DPP?
Neale - 721k
Bailey Smith - 667k
Treloar - 666k DPP??
Cripps - 624k
Matt Crouch - 590k
Rowell - 422k
Brodie - 352k DPP??
Kemp - 246k DPP??

Rucks:
Grundy - 813k
Darcy - 715k
Marshall - 685k DPP??
Witts - 520k
Preuss - 377k
Max Lynch - 357k DPP?

Forwards:
Zorko - 832k
Dunkley - 698k DPP hopeful
Sidebottom - 675k
Dangerfield - 662k
Hunter - 650k
De Goey - 643k DPP hopeful
Thomas - 620k
Butters - 582k
Gresham - 464k
Rayner - 398k
Curnow - 316k
Coleman - 312k (half back in finals)

One who’s slipping right under the radar and is almost my favourite of the lot is Gresham. 95 and 107 in his first two games year before a round 3 injury that left him out all season. Plenty of mid time in those two games to go with 28 and 29 disposals but would think he can keep DPP due to lack of exposure last year.

The return of witts as the cheap R2!!!

Locked, should be ready for round 1

I’m keen to back Tarryn Thomas in as my F1/F2 next year

The return of witts as the cheap R2!!!

Locked, should be ready for round 1
Started with Grundy and Witts last year
Was looking like a master move up until the injury. Witts will be priced even cheaper than he was last year, so its tempting again.

Either way I can't see many going with a set and forget ruck setup next year. Too many queries over Max (Jacksons growing ruck role/premiership hangover?) and Grundy (New coach, dip in performance over the past 2 years) to start both.

Started with Grundy and Witts last year
Was looking like a master move up until the injury. Witts will be priced even cheaper than he was last year, so its tempting again.

Either way I can't see many going with a set and forget ruck setup next year. Too many queries over Max (Jacksons growing ruck role/premiership hangover?) and Grundy (New coach, dip in performance over the past 2 years) to start both.

Depending how Darcy knee is I’ll take him and witts and use my cash elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More surgery for gun Crow Matt Crouch, return to training unclear (afl.com.au)

I think you can cross Crouch off the list for starting next season..... If anyone actually had him on it....

Here’s a list of guys that are on my watch list early on.
Anyone who played less than 10 games this year I compared average to 2020 and took the higher one then added in games played discount. All prices based on magic number from last year of 7638, would assume they would all be within 10k unless there’s a dramatic increase in salary cap and therefore magic number in 2022.

Defenders:
Hall - 832k
Crisp - 777k DPP hopeful
Lloyd - 750k
Stewart - 738k
Whitfield - 724k DPP hopeful
Daniel - 664k
Ridley/Houston - 611k
Z.Williams - 546k
Clark - 503k
Sicily - 464k
Milera - 344k

Midfield:
Miller - 931k
Steele - 927k
Macrae - 885k
Mitchell - 882k
Walsh/Oliver - 832k
Brayshaw - 796
J.Kelly - 792k DPP??
Duncan - 766k DPP?
Neale - 721k
Bailey Smith - 667k
Treloar - 666k DPP??
Cripps - 624k
Matt Crouch - 590k
Rowell - 422k
Brodie - 352k DPP??
Kemp - 246k DPP??

Rucks:
Grundy - 813k
Darcy - 715k
Marshall - 685k DPP??
Witts - 520k
Preuss - 377k
Max Lynch - 357k DPP?

Forwards:
Zorko - 832k
Dunkley - 698k DPP hopeful
Sidebottom - 675k
Dangerfield - 662k
Hunter - 650k
De Goey - 643k DPP hopeful
Thomas - 620k
Butters - 582k
Gresham - 464k

Rayner - 398k
Curnow - 316k
Coleman - 312k (half back in finals)

One who’s slipping right under the radar and is almost my favourite of the lot is Gresham. 95 and 107 in his first two games year before a round 3 injury that left him out all season. Plenty of mid time in those two games to go with 28 and 29 disposals but would think he can keep DPP due to lack of exposure last year.
I really like the bolded.

Where do we sit on Hall? Was obviously one of the best fantasy players all season averaging 108, it’s about 120 without the sub related early scores. But Is the 830k projected price for him too much? I mean you can get a much more reliable guy like Oliver in the mids for that price who’s been there and done it. That being said, Hall is likely a top 3 defender yet again

Tarryn Thomas and/or LDU from North folks.

Tarryn will likely had FWD too.

If Duncan is somehow available as a forward he's my first picked and he will never leave my side barring injury.

I doubt he gets forward status tho. Would be too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back