Strategy 2022 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends whose available as a forward. If all of Dangerfield, Dunkley, Duncan and Marshall are eligible then most coaches can likely only afford to pick two of.

Yeh you might be right depends what you go elsewhere. Its looking like you could go far cheaper in mids/rucks than past years

If all are forwards id certainly be arranging to see how i could fit in all 4 especially if Dunkley is playing onball...which im still not convinced he will be

Danger and Duncan would be locks for me

Marshall - Not convinced either. Ryder still around, picked up Tom Campbell, they seem reluctant to just play 1 ruck being Marshall.

Bailey Smith could be very interesting as a forward aswell

Last edited:

There wouldnt be much point as everyone would pick Duncan as a forward. He certainly played forward alot on his return from injury as he wasnt engine ready. However that was only 3 games which usually isnt enough
Depends whose available as a forward. If all of Dangerfield, Dunkley, Duncan and Marshall are eligible then most coaches can likely only afford to pick two of.
I think all of those guys are certainties for forward status except potentially danger weirdly enough. Then you’ve also got guys like Butters, Nash etc who should be playing mid. Going to be lots to choose from and budgets will be tiny. Will ensure some very different teams out there I think

I think all of those guys are certainties for forward status except potentially danger weirdly enough. Then you’ve also got guys like Butters, Nash etc who should be playing mid. Going to be lots to choose from and budgets will be tiny. Will ensure some very different teams out there I think
Yeh im sortve hopeful that none of Danger, Duncan, Bazlenka, Treloar are forwards. I dont know if they played enough games at the end in that position but everyone remembers the finals

News article out today about Redden being out for 3-4 months with shoulder injury so will miss the early rounds.

Opens up a spot for an inside mid - Clark would be a good pick, or could be one of West/Trew. Some on our board think SPS will be played as an inside mid but I'm a bit sceptical about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Dusty has lost 10kgs following his injury last year. Can put a line through him for sure. Always somehow sneaks into consideration for a starting spot when he shouldn’t
I duno. A slimmer Dusty probably means more midfield time, which the club has already stated. The issue in the past with him has been too much time spent forward. A slimmer Dusty might be a good thing

And just like that he pulls himself back onto the possible list.
Not saying he’s a must or anything. But with more midfield time he’s probably value. Will be interesting to see who gets/keeps DPP in the forward line. If it’s slim pickings, Dusty becomes a very good option. If it’s guys like Duncan, Dunkley, Danger, Marshall etc he’s probably not going to be a top 6 forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be a metric sh*t ton of early debuts next year, so we won't see a shorrage of rooks, IMO (especially given there's still players from 2020 like Pedlar, Stephens, Hollands etc. who need debuts/more game time next year too).

Off the top of my head, these are the players who I think could play Round 1 from the draft:

Adelaide:

Josh Rachelle
Zac Taylor

Brisbane:

Darcy Wilmot

Carlton:

Jesse Motlop

Collingwood:

Nick Daicos (should be in every single person's side from Round 1)

Charlie Dean

Essendon:

Ben Hobbs

Freo:

Matthew Johnson

Geelong:

James Willis (guy is an absolute beast for a kid)

Flynn Kroeger (same as Willis)

Cooper Stephens (not from this draft, but one of the only mids left from 2019 who hasn't debuted - 88kgs now at 6'2 - and is an absolute beast who could play many games next season - barring injury)

Gold Coast:

N/A

GWS:

Finn Callaghan

Josh Fahey

Hawthorn:

Josh Ward

Melbourne:

N/A

North:

JHF (another who should be locked into every side, as he'll be available as a mid/fwd most likely - and will play 22 games)

Port:

Josh Sinn

Richmond:

Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke

St Kilda:

Mitchito Owens

Sydney:

Angus Sheldrick
Corey Warner

West Coast:

Greg Clark

Bulldogs:

N/A

Gonna be a metric sh*t ton of early debuts next year, so we won't see a shorrage of rooks, IMO (especially given there's still players from 2020 like Pedlar, Stephens, Hollands etc. who need debuts/more game time next year too).

Off the top of my head, these are the players who I think could play Round 1 from the draft:

Adelaide:

Josh Rachelle
Zac Taylor

Brisbane:

Darcy Wilmot

Carlton:

Jesse Motlop

Collingwood:

Charlie Dean

Essendon:

Ben Hobbs

Freo:

Matthew Johnson

Geelong:

Cooper Stephens (not from this draft, but one of the only mids left from 2019 who hasn't debuted - 88kgs now at 6'2 - and is an absolute beast who could play many games next season - barring injury)

Gold Coast:

N/A

GWS:

Finn Callaghan

Josh Fahey

Hawthorn:

Josh Ward

Melbourne:

N/A

North:

JHF (another who should be locked into every side, as he'll be available as a mid/fwd most likely - and will play 22 games)

Port:

Josh Sinn

Richmond:

Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke

St Kilda:

Mitchito Owens

Sydney:

Angus Sheldrick
Corey Warner

West Coast:

Greg Clark

Bulldogs:

N/A
You’re not following the preseason narrative mate. You need to constantly incite fear onto other coaches that there will be no rookies to pick from and we’ll all be forced into picking midpricers…;)

Geelong:

I didn't realise they let 30 year olds into the draft, where have Willis and Kroeger plied their trade before meeting Geelong's Over 30 policy

Adelaide:

Josh Rachelle
Zac Taylor

Brisbane:

Darcy Wilmot

Carlton:

Jesse Motlop

Collingwood:

Charlie Dean

Essendon:

Ben Hobbs

Freo:

Matthew Johnson

Geelong:

Gold Coast:

N/A

GWS:

Finn Callaghan

Josh Fahey

Hawthorn:

Josh Ward

Melbourne:

N/A

North:

Port:

Josh Sinn

Richmond:

Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Judson Clarke

St Kilda:

Mitchito Owens

Sydney:

Angus Sheldrick
Corey Warner

West Coast:

Greg Clark

Bulldogs:

N/A
Need to wait and see how they develop over pre season but i think all of the Hawks picks outside of Serong would be a chance at early debuts.

Even Long as a rookie pick is physically the most ready, has a great tank and is built like...well a tank already. Just now need to make sure he does that footy things okay as well.

Need to wait and see how they develop over pre season but i think all of the Hawks picks outside of Serong would be a chance at early debuts.

Even Long as a rookie pick is physically the most ready, has a great tank and is built like...well a tank already. Just now need to make sure he does that footy things okay as well.

Yeah Long was a great rookie pick (and someone I can't believe everyone passed on until the rookie draft). Could be the biggest mid in the game, as he's already a monster in size and height (195cm and still growing apparently)

Butler maybe, but Macdonald still has development left in him (plus you guys have a few to come back from injury, and a couple who haven't debuted yet like Finn and Downie - who'll likely get the nod first IMO)

Yeah Long was a great rookie pick (and someone I can't believe everyone passed on until the rookie draft). Could be the biggest mid in the game, as he's already a monster in size and height (195cm and still growing apparently)
195 cm, pushing 90kg's and ran a 6:05 2k

Looks like this at the start of pre season
262208559_1331084020645417_1237620535843123499_n.jpg ...

I didn't realise they let 30 year olds into the draft, where have Willis and Kroeger plied their trade before meeting Geelong's Over 30 policy

Hardi har har har, very original :p

But seriously, both Kroeger and Willis actually already look 30 - absolute tanks for 18 year olds (Cooper Stephens is turning into a monster too):

1638235407922.png

Kroeger 183cm/85kg

Screenshot_2021-11-30-12-22-01-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Willis 181cm/80kg+ (listed as 78 but has put on a lot more size since the start of the year - probably closer to 83 or so now and absolutely shredded)

Screenshot_2021-11-30-12-21-50-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cooper Stephens 188cm/88kg

Hardi har har har, very original :p

But seriously, both Kroeger and Willis actually already look 30 - absolute tanks for 18 year olds (Cooper Stephens is turning into a monster too):

View attachment 1289801

Kroeger 183cm/85kg

View attachment 1289802

Willis 181cm/80kg+ (listed as 78 but has put on a lot more size since the start of the year - probably closer to 83 or so now and absolutely shredded)

View attachment 1289805

Cooper Stephens 188cm/88kg
You'll like Willis ....plays a physical game, but has a burst of speed .....given he's played against men, he'd make a lot of developing sides from R1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back