Strategy 2022 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s a bit of fun

But lukosius is our new centre half forward AVOID
Surely he's still playing back. You now atleast have King, Sam Day, Chol, Burgess and Mac Andrew if need be. I assume one will play key back likely Sam Day from what I've heard alongside Sam Collins then Ballard and Luksocious as the 3rd and 4th talls. Then Caleb Graham not sure where he fits in... likely depth.

Oh and Levi Casboult aswell

Ah, cheers for the tip. He's always looked so talented so you know it's only a matter of time till he has a proper break out. But yeah if he's playing KPF then it's not going to help his Fantasy game.

I'm interested in who gets his wing/half back distributor role in that case. Maybe Powell becomes an option...
Yeah he's put on a bit of muscle and was always going back forward, unfortunately for us he is our best ball user off half back so sad to see him go, Jack Bowes is also in the midfield now (Underpriced defender.. one to watch did average 85/90 2-3 seasons ago playing full time mid early in the season 2018?)

Wing will be Brandon Ellis & Jeremy Sharp, then Rory Atkins all have no value as pure midfielders. Half back role Powell is one to watch but i feel like he's inconsistent in his scoring but now with Lukosius & Bowes gone he may have the keys to the quarterback role. Markov is good for his pace but not skill, and i'm sure lachie weller is moving back down there but he is also a pure mid so wasteful till first DPP.

Surely he's still playing back. You now atleast have King, Sam Day, Chol, Burgess and Mac Andrew if need be. I assume one will play key back likely Sam Day from what I've heard alongside Sam Collins then Ballard and Luksocious as the 3rd and 4th talls. Then Caleb Graham not sure where he fits in... likely depth.

Oh and Levi Casboult aswell
Lukosius was always going to head back forward, he just had to add some size to his frame.

Currently our tall depth looks a bit like this (In that order)

Key Backs: Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard, Sam Day, Rory Thompson, Chris Burgess, Caleb Graham, Jy Farrar
Rucks: Jarrod Witts, Ned Moyle, Matt Conroy
Key Forwards: Ben King, Jack Lukosius, Mabior Chol, Levi Casboult, Mac Andrew

Hopefully Thompson can get back to playing games as he was awesome and would solidify our defence but he's missed a few years with injuries so not trying to get my hopes up. Casboult is a break glass incase of emergency, especially if Witts is not ready but he should be for round 1

Yeah he's put on a bit of muscle and was always going back forward, unfortunately for us he is our best ball user off half back so sad to see him go, Jack Bowes is also in the midfield now (Underpriced defender.. one to watch did average 85/90 2-3 seasons ago playing full time mid early in the season 2018?)

Wing will be Brandon Ellis & Jeremy Sharp, then Rory Atkins all have no value as pure midfielders. Half back role Powell is one to watch but i feel like he's inconsistent in his scoring but now with Lukosius & Bowes gone he may have the keys to the quarterback role. Markov is good for his pace but not skill, and i'm sure lachie weller is moving back down there but he is also a pure mid so wasteful till first DPP.

Lukosius was always going to head back forward, he just had to add some size to his frame.

Currently our tall depth looks a bit like this (In that order)

Key Backs: Sam Collins, Charlie Ballard, Sam Day, Rory Thompson, Chris Burgess, Caleb Graham, Jy Farrar
Rucks: Jarrod Witts, Ned Moyle, Matt Conroy
Key Forwards: Ben King, Jack Lukosius, Mabior Chol, Levi Casboult, Mac Andrew

Hopefully Thompson can get back to playing games as he was awesome and would solidify our defence but he's missed a few years with injuries so not trying to get my hopes up. Casboult is a break glass incase of emergency, especially if Witts is not ready but he should be for round 1
The bolded parts interest me from as draft perspective. Is Bowes to mids confirmed?

Weller could be a ripper draft slider if he plays a distributor role off half back!

Well we will all get Lukosius at a super low price in rounds 6-10 after playing forward then moving back when they realise it isn't working and no doubt he will then have fwd and Def status

Bowes is still an option in classic as a defender just not sure he gets enough time with Miller, Rowell, Anderson, Swallow, Fiorini ect

I'll just do a side (May miss someone GC don't get alot of traction unfortunately)

Ballard - Collins - Lemmens
Powell - S.Day - Markov (Budarick)
Fiorini - T.Miller - B.Ellis (Sharp)
L.Weller - Lukosius - D Swallow (Hollands)
M.Chol - B.King - Rankine
Witts - Rowell - N.Anderson (Bowes)

Not sure if I've missed a small forward that I can't think of

Last edited:
Well we will all get Lukosius at a super low price in rounds 6-10 after playing forward then moving back when they realise it isn't working and no doubt he will then have fwd and Def status

Bowes is still an option in classic as a defender just not sure he gets enough time with Miller, Rowell, Anderson, Swallow, Fiorini ect

I'll just do a side (May miss someone GC don't get alot of traction unfortunately)

Ainsworth

Think it might open tomorrow or Monday. 3 out of the 4 AFL daily podcasts this week have been AFL fantasy focused so seems like they’re building to a release tomorrow hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Man I hate it when I'm right (in this case, not being a smartass, seriously do hate that I'm right and that i won't be released 'til Jan):

View attachment 1298476
It's definitely open pre-Christmas, they just do the club previews in Jan, they're more for players to pick / analysis / website content as opposed to being price reveals anyway.

Man I hate it when I'm right (in this case, not being a smartass, seriously do hate that I'm right and that i won't be released 'til Jan):

View attachment 1298476
Early crow shadow

My moneys on a Sunday or Monday open followed by their normal podcast to discuss all the minor changes that don't do anything in making it better

Here it is

Right you are. I don't have twitter, so I can't read responses. Cheers for that and very happy to be wrong again!

It's definitely open pre-Christmas, they just do the club previews in Jan, they're more for players to pick / analysis / website content as opposed to being price reveals anyway.

They used to do the club by club countdown and then open it - seems they're doing things differently since last year (and sticking with that schedule as well)

The bolded parts interest me from as draft perspective. Is Bowes to mids confirmed?

Weller could be a ripper draft slider if he plays a distributor role off half back!

Yes Bowes mids, I’m pretty keen on him. Drafted as a midfielder who is classy and has composure compared to Pendles in his profile. He had a crack in 2019 then went back to Half back for a few years.

He been training triathlons with touk and few others. I reckon he gets first crack at Greenwoods spot.

Picture I’ve posted (2019) his first 5 rounds I remember he tagged Fyfe Cripps and Bont in his 3rd year. He then dropped out the mids can’t remember why. Massively underpriced

Weller definitely a good one for draft. Can’t see where he fits in the mids. Touk Fiorini Rowell Anderson Bowes swallow first crack IMG_1139.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty close mate

Unfortunately Lukosius is already a DEF MID

I have created the attached spreadsheet. I have used the average from footywire and multiplied it by the magic number (8386) to work out the prices. It appears it works as those who have been confirmed so far via AFL.com.au match. Its pretty basic but you get the idea... the data from the position tabs are to be entered in the first tab. Disregard the positions that are listed in each tab as they have all changed this year clearly. I did this for prices only. The draftees and rookies havent been entered either.

Attachments

• 2022 Dream Team BF.xlsx
    47.3 KB · Views: 56
Right you are. I don't have twitter, so I can't read responses. Cheers for that and very happy to be wrong again!

They used to do the club by club countdown and then open it - seems they're doing things differently since last year (and sticking with that schedule as well)
Yeah they've changed. Makes sense, why wait. Get it up and running.

Pretty close mate

Unfortunately Lukosius is already a DEF MID
I'm a huge Ainsworth fan

He has to be in there even though I know he's been dropped previously

Maybe a budarick returning from serious injury misses (With Weller then back) or E.Hollands has to wait if there fully fit for Round 1 which no team ends up being.

I'm a huge Ainsworth fan

He has to be in there even though I know he's been dropped previously

Maybe a budarick returning from serious injury misses (With Weller then back) or E.Hollands has to wait if there fully fit for Round 1 which no team ends up being.
Yeah i love Ainsworth too, hopefully with the mids we got his life is alot easier down forward.

Yeah personally i love Hollands and he'll be in the team asap, too good not to be playing AFL

Ladies and gentlemen its officially OPEN

....Err no it's not...??

Just went to the page and it's still the pre-registration page for 2022 - and there's been no announcement from any of the traders or AFL fantasy.

Where are you getting this from?

Last edited:
....Err no it's not...

Just went to the page and it's still the pre-registration page for 2022 - and there's been no announcement from any of the traders or AFL fantasy.

Where are you getting this from?
Hmmm that is weird. Logged on when the above poster said it was open, made a team and was all good, now getting the thing saying pre register for 2022

Hmmm that is weird. Logged on when the above poster said it was open, made a team and was all good, now getting the thing saying pre register for 2022

As always, fantasy bugging out, haha.

Probably doing test runs, and that's why you guys were able to get in when you did. Probably will open Monday, if we're already at this stage

IMG_0346.JPG

If you turn off your internet on your phone to bypass the we will be back at 2022 screen you can log in and start planning your teams.

View attachment 1298847

If you turn off your internet on your phone to bypass the we will be back at 2022 screen you can log in and start planning your teams.

Not sure how you did that mate, as I just get the endless circle of death loading screen when the internet isn't activated (on the app). When I do the web version on my phone, you can't get past the loading screen.

Think you got lucky, haha

Not sure how you did that mate, as I just get the endless circle of death loading screen when the internet isn't activated (on the app). When I do the web version on my phone, you can't get past the loading screen.

Think you got lucky, haha

I’ve just tried it again and it’s worked on the app, I turn off my internet and go on the app and press log in, then turn the internet back on and sign in and once I’m signed in the come back in 2022 screen doesn’t show up. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back