Taking Notes1.gif
1639473738980.png

Last edited:

creamPIES

Debutant
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Full release must be today or monday seems like everything is ready to go, there’s a few players I’ve seen with the wrong pictures but no major issues so not sure why they haven’t just opened it up yet.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I’ve just tried it again and it’s worked on the app, I turn off my internet and go on the app and press log in, then turn the internet back on and sign in and once I’m signed in the come back in 2022 screen doesn’t show up. Hope this helps

It never makes it to the internet log in screen for me, haha - just gives me the endless loading circle of death

Hillsy13

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
IMG_0742.JPG

Bit of Sean Darcy about these rooks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Lachie Weller for 669k as a forward seems like a decent option

Watch his role over preseason. Doesn’t really have one right now. Easy buy if he’s our new quarterback vacated by Bowes & Lukosius

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interested in how most will plan their initial defenders as it looks like most of the above teams are taking a different approach to my early plans.

Last year I loaded up in defence to start and went light up forward. However this year with the likes of Duncan, Taranto, Trealor, Dunkley etc up forward, I’m not seeing a lot of high scoring potential down back in comparison.

The fact that two of the best picks from last year in Laird and Mills have lost their defender status means I’m struggling to see anyone outside of perhaps Whitfield and Crisp who really stand out as being a 100+ ave. I’m expecting Hall to drop as Nth may look to be more attacking in their game plan instead of just playing keeping off down back.

I expect the likes of Dawson, Short, Salem all again hovering around that 90-95 but not any real improvement in terms of scoring and not many others who look like they will be moving into the midfield as Laird and Mills did. With the stand rule and points for kickins I was expecting those back flankers numbers to boom towards 105+ last year but no one really did as teams moved the ball forward quicker and didn’t tend to play kick to kick across the back 50 and therefor those flankers didn’t score as high as i expected.

Current set up I think I’ll be loading up with the midfield premos and forwards and going cheaper down back with just the 1 premo and take a stab on the likes of Bowes and Clark hopefully becoming midfielders. Also be watching Milera closely who may be the Cumming of 2022 who I was kicking myself all year for not starting him after he was in and out all PS.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Interested in how most will plan their initial defenders as it looks like most of the above teams are taking a different approach to my early plans.

Last year I loaded up in defence to start and went light up forward. However this year with the likes of Duncan, Taranto, Trealor, Dunkley etc up forward, I’m not seeing a lot of high scoring potential down back in comparison.

The fact that two of the best picks from last year in Laird and Mills have lost their defender status means I’m struggling to see anyone outside of perhaps Whitfield and Crisp who really stand out as being a 100+ ave. I’m expecting Hall to drop as Nth may look to be more attacking in their game plan instead of just playing keeping off down back.

I expect the likes of Dawson, Short, Salem all again hovering around that 90-95 but not any real improvement in terms of scoring and not many others who look like they will be moving into the midfield as Laird and Mills did. With the stand rule and points for kickins I was expecting those back flankers numbers to boom towards 105+ last year but no one really did as teams moved the ball forward quicker and didn’t tend to play kick to kick across the back 50 and therefor those flankers didn’t score as high as i expected.

Current set up I think I’ll be loading up with the midfield premos and forwards and going cheaper down back with just the 1 premo and take a stab on the likes of Bowes and Clark hopefully becoming midfielders. Also be watching Milera closely who may be the Cumming of 2022 who I was kicking myself all year for not starting him after he was in and out all PS.

Yeah I went real light on forwards last year JDG 600k F1

I’ll be doing the opposite this year with potentially 4 premo forwards.

Gonna go lighter in the backline and back Bowes sicdawg and few others for sure

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think there’s a lot of value in the backline this year. Guys like Day, H Clark, Bowes, Sicily, Mcinerny, even dare I say it, Z Williams

Im certainly going back and forth between Sicily and Day. Slightly leaning towards Day as more of that POD as every man and his dog will likely have Sicily

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tossing between something like Whit D1, then Bowes, Clark, Sicily/Day

or

Whit, Dawson/Short/Salem, Day, Sicily

Both probably pretty similar in the end really.
I actually think Dawson could jump up another notch. Will play wing at Adelaide almost certainly

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
I’m expecting Hall to drop as Nth may look to be more attacking in their game plan instead of just playing keeping off down back.

Re: Hall, I honestly think it will actually benefit Hall's scoring, having an even more attacking game plan. It affects Ziebell more than anything - as Hall just wouldn't give it to him when they were coming out of the back line (was funny to watch actually - how much it looked like they disliked each other's game styles).

At the back end of the year, they started getting more attacking, and Ziebell's scoring suffered, while Hall's went through the roof. I honestly expect that to continue this year, given Hall demands the ball at every opportunity, and they want it in his hands.

He might drop a bit, but still see him being a Top 3 Defender - so it's still worth it given he'll be pretty unique too.

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
D6 worries me. Don’t see any real rookies I like there that can be fielded. Obviously early days though. Guys like Gould will probably be good for the bench, but not sure how many games he gets

Reckon Wilmot could play early, given he fills an area of need. That's who my D6 is at this stage

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon Wilmot could play early, given he fills an area of need. That's who my D6 is at this stage
Don’t know if he plays round 1, but Tom Brown from Richmond impressing early on the track too apparently so could be a sneaky chance

With an ageing list and Sheppherd retiring, maybe Chesser gets an early look for West Coast as well?

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Don’t know if he plays round 1, but Tom Brown from Richmond impressing early on the track too apparently so could be a sneaky chance

He's actually my other one I have penciled in too - for the exact same reason, given Houli has retired and there's an open spot if he can take it.

I'm still mad that you guys grabbed him :p - gonna be such a gun!

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
He's actually my other one I have penciled in too - for the exact same reason, given Houli has retired and there's an open spot if he can take it.

I'm still mad that you guys grabbed him :p - gonna be such a gun!
Didn’t know a lot about him coming into the draft, but everything I read sounds promising. Just seems a natural footballer with a good athletic profile

D6 worries me. Don’t see any real rookies I like there that can be fielded. Obviously early days though. Guys like Gould will probably be good for the bench, but not sure how many games he gets
Gould hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back