Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My logic is even if Neale goes at 105 and Rowell 80, Rowell still isn’t a keeper and Neale isn’t an uber premo.

Would rather Merrett at M4 who can go at 115 and Erasmus who can go 70. Then only have 1 player to upgrade to get to an uber premo instead of two.
Very fair call on both there. I guess Serong could match Neale for 100k less

And you’re right. There’ll be 3-4 gun mid rooms who average 70-75 like most years, so Rowell probably needs to go 90 odd to justify the price he’s at

Backline a little unconventional and the midfield is slightly underwhelming, but that's what you get for loading up with your forwards and rucks. Always like to chase a bit of value in my sides and this one left me with $0 ITB - it was made to be!

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.11.48 pm.png

Very fair call on both there. I guess Serong could match Neale for 100k less

And you’re right. There’ll be 3-4 gun mid rooms who average 70-75 like most years, so Rowell probably needs to go 90 odd to justify the price he’s at

I’m still unconvinced by Serong becoming a premo this year. He may go at 90-95 but I’m not seeing him as being that 105 or more breakout this year.

I think splitting Serong and Rowell over a proven premo and a top rookie is a backwards step. Could be completely wrong but that’s just my opinion and I’d prefer to back in the guy that’s most likely to go at 115 or close too.

I’m still unconvinced by Serong becoming a premo this year. He may go at 90-95 but I’m not seeing him as being that 105 or more breakout this year.

I think splitting Serong and Rowell over a proven premo and a top rookie is a backwards step. Could be completely wrong but that’s just my opinion and I’d prefer to back in the guy that’s most likely to go at 115 or close too.
I'm torn on Serong, i definitely think he has 3rd year break out potential.

But i think he is just as likely to stagnate this year, so hard to predict break outs.

I am leaning towards going heavy premo and rooks in the midfield.

I am currently rocking Steele, Mitchell, Petracca, Walsh, Oliver, Daicos, Ward, JHF

Macrae, Mitchell and Steele have been probably the only 3 constants in my lineup while I toggle with everyone else. Macrae is a gun fantasy player and must have.
Same here. Got Steele Touk Macrae Titch pegged as the top 4 mids for the season and pretty set on starting 3 of them. Touk the unlucky one due to the combination of price + Steele's better early fixtures.

Got Walsh as the next one just a hair below them fwiw

Yep makes sense to forego Oliver of the 4 this year. I can’t bring myself to pick Witts otherwise I would also manage to have 3-4 of those guys.

At the moment I have Steele and Mitchell. I keep trying to find a way to get in Macrae or Mills as I think Mills has the scope to go one better than last year. But there’s also a lot of value in the mids in guys like Neale, Simpkin, Rowell, Serong, Kelly, Yeo. Makes it hard to go more than 2 of the mainstay top echelon guys. At least this is a way it makes all our teams different
What's the thinking behind Witts? 30-40 point upside there.. priced @ 63 when he's gone 92, 93, 104 before. In the 4 seasons prior to his injury played just about every game

Far from his biggest fan as a player however those numbers are hard to ignore at his price. So far as your dilemma on going that 3rd uber mid or not.. Macrae + Witts looks far safer than Grundy + trying to nail another 500k mid pricer to go 90's or low 100's

What's the thinking behind Witts? 30-40 point upside there.. priced @ 63 when he's gone 92, 93, 104 before. In the 4 seasons prior to his injury played just about every game

Far from his biggest fan as a player however those numbers are hard to ignore at his price. So far as your dilemma on going that 3rd uber mid or not.. Macrae + Witts looks far safer than Grundy + trying to nail another 500k mid pricer to go 90's or low 100's
I played around with taking Witts as r2 just to see what i could do

With Grundy Oliver and Gresham 32k spare 110/110/85 =305 (2 captain options)

With Witts Macrae and Tarryn Thomas 121k spare 95/115/95 =305 (1 captain option)

Rough estimates

Think i will try the Witts way for now as i already have plenty of C options and the extra 90k will come in handy

I played around with taking Witts as r2 just to see what i could do

With Grundy Oliver and Gresham 32k spare 110/110/85 =305 (2 captain options)

With Witts Macrae and Tarryn Thomas 121k spare 95/115/95 =305 (1 captain option)

Rough estimates

Think i will try the Witts way for now as i already have plenty of C options and the extra 90k will come in handy
Is Gawn your other ruck in both scenarios?

Witts is a no for me. Mainly due to coming back from injury and chol stealing some of his ruck time.

Big men never come back from knees in the same form as they had prior. Not only that, but round 1 only ends up being something like 11 months since he did it which is a very short time frame to turn around in. There’s definitely value there but I think with Chol coming in and spending time in the ruck Witts will find it hard to hit his lofty heights he’s hit previously. He’s also got a torrid ruck fixture to start the season. R2 is a s**t show but I would feel a lot safer going someone like ROB or Marshall where I still think there’s value

Big men never come back from knees in the same form as they had prior. Not only that, but round 1 only ends up being something like 11 months since he did it which is a very short time frame to turn around in. There’s definitely value there but I think with Chol coming in and spending time in the ruck Witts will find it hard to hit his lofty heights he’s hit previously. He’s also got a torrid ruck fixture to start the season. R2 is a sh*t show but I would feel a lot safer going someone like ROB or Marshall where I still think there’s value

I had Witts last year and he would have been brilliant if he'd stayed on the park. He is a no go for me based on what you have said above...

Think I’ve just about locked Darcy at R2 now. I see upside there and the potential to be the highest scoring R2. He’s just fun to watch too. Doesn’t rely on hit outs, gets the ball a fair bit and it’s tackles

I've gone the Gawrcy option this season... It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people not worried about Darcy’s injury history? No doubt he’s a killer ruck but damn he gets me nervous. Even the last 7 odd games of last year he seemed to play half injured

Yes - but he still turned up every week. Backing up like that will be good for him, learning he can play with a niggle. Hopefully, another full year of pre-season will have him primed for a really big season...

Of course, he'll now get injured 5 minutes into Q1 of Round 1 and never be seen again....

Yes - but he still turned up every week. Backing up like that will be good for him, learning he can play with a niggle. Hopefully, another full year of pre-season will have him primed for a really big season...

Of course, he'll now get injured 5 minutes into Q1 of Round 1 and never be seen again....
Was about to say, the fact he kept playing is a great sign. Kept scoring pretty well too

Gawn was pretty injury prone early days as well

Big men never come back from knees in the same form as they had prior. Not only that, but round 1 only ends up being something like 11 months since he did it which is a very short time frame to turn around in. There’s definitely value there but I think with Chol coming in and spending time in the ruck Witts will find it hard to hit his lofty heights he’s hit previously. He’s also got a torrid ruck fixture to start the season. R2 is a sh*t show but I would feel a lot safer going someone like ROB or Marshall where I still think there’s value
In most cases that is true but every now and again you get a Gawn who comes back and eventually becomes the number 1 ruck

I’d say that’s the exception to the rule though and for me Witts is more than likely not going to be that exception
Oh i agree but if we don't take any chances what is the point in playing

I mean everyone will take chances on a mid price forward or mid every season but when it comes to rucks most are really gun shy

Oh i agree but if we don't take any chances what is the point in playing

I mean everyone will take chances on a mid price forward or mid every season but when it comes to rucks most are really gun shy
If a mid pricer on any other line fails you usually have multiple options you can trade to. A lot harder in the rucks. I guess it’s about mitigating the risk and it’s far riskier choosing a mid price ruck than any other spot

If a mid pricer on any other line fails you usually have multiple options you can trade to. A lot harder in the rucks. I guess it’s about mitigating the risk and it’s far riskier choosing a mid price ruck than any other spot
Yep but with covid i think throwing a lot of that is to risky or this is to risky needs to be thrown out since you could be missing the whole ruck line for 2 weeks if the world decides to be cruel.

If a season was poised to be the one in which you take risks it would be this one.

Edit: do we know if the players who miss will be given avg or will it be carnage ?

Yep but with covid i think throwing a lot of that is to risky or this is to risky needs to be thrown out since you could be missing the whole ruck line for 2 weeks if the world decides to be cruel.

If a season was poised to be the one in which you take risks it would be this one.
Yep 100%, but I think the risk on Witt’s outweighs the reward on him. Sure he will likely make cash but I don’t think he goes 90+ like he has done previously. Coming off a knee, actually has a second ruck playing in the team with him now, hard ruck opponents to kick off the season. I would even argue he has durability question marks. People forget that in his last full season he was playing injured majority of the year and didn’t score great as a result. Averaged 80. A lot going against him and I think his cheap price tag is sucking a lot in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back