Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the better Press Conferences .....most are cliched & boring ....this isn't

I’ve moved ROB to R2 today. Priced at 86. Did 95 in basically his rookie season, 101 from last 14. 108 in caronaball. 86 last year but was hampered, 95 from last 10. Trajectory was really good before last year. 57 games. New fitness coach there. Awesome bye round. Solo ruck. Ticks a lot of boxes imo

I’ve moved ROB to R2 today. Priced at 86. Did 95 in basically his rookie season, 101 from last 14. 108 in caronaball. 86 last year but was hampered, 95 from last 10. Trajectory was really good before last year. 57 games. New fitness coach there. Awesome bye round. Solo ruck. Ticks a lot of boxes imo
I’m currently running Marshall but if I need some cash he’s next cab off the rank for me

Fair on Marshall, do like him, but slightly prefer ROB whilst Ryder is still about
Yeah I guess I’m hoping Ryder doesn’t last long. Not many games played last couple years so assuming he goes down at some point plus Marshall should get DPP which gives me the opportunity to look at which rucks are worth bringing in this year. I’m almost tempted to go both Marshall and ROB as I see the most upside with them but I think I’ll likely play it safe and go a Grundy / Darcy at R1. Either way I think ROB is value for sure

Yeah I guess I’m hoping Ryder doesn’t last long. Not many games played last couple years so assuming he goes down at some point plus Marshall should get DPP which gives me the opportunity to look at which rucks are worth bringing in this year. I’m almost tempted to go both Marshall and ROB as I see the most upside with them but I think I’ll likely play it safe and go a Grundy / Darcy at R1. Either way I think ROB is value for sure
Fair call. I think that’s the best play. Lock in Grundy and then go a Marshall/Darcy/ROB at R2. ROB and Marshall have nice bye rounds

View attachment 1319611

Pretty happy with this. Leaves me 70k to upgrade some of the 190k rookies on field if need be.

Very similar to my structure and side- only 4 players difference. You've got Macrae, JDG, ROB, McDonagh and 70K - I've got M. Crouch, J. Lloyd, Draper, and Heeney. Rest of the on field 22 is exactly the same

Last edited:
Very similar to my structure and side- only 4 players difference. You've got Macrae, JDG, ROB, McDonagh and 70K - I've got M. Crouch, J. Lloyd, Draper, and Heeney. Rest of the on field 22 is exactly the same

Great minds right?

Been trying to find a way to fit M Crouch in, but most likely it would be at the expense of Rowell.

Is anyone giving consideration to covid outs?
Will it even be a thing?
I'm spreading my value around with a mid-priced heavy team.
I'm expecting a bumpy ride. How do others see it?

Will it even be a thing?
I am certain we will see outs but not really taking it in to consideration, is almost impossible to plan for.

Won't go too heavy with any one team but that is about it and i would try to avoid that anyway.

Will it even be a thing?
Two ways I look at it;

Mid pricers could be a master stroke as they step up into better positions to fill missing players spots meaning they score much better and the cash gen is great

Or more rookies get named and get played due to players missing, same outcome but better end result

Impossible to plan for. The only real thing we can do is potentially run a lot more DPP than we normally would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two ways I look at it;

Mid pricers could be a master stroke as they step up into better positions to fill missing players spots meaning they score much better and the cash gen is great

Or more rookies get named and get played due to players missing, same outcome but better end result

Impossible to plan for. The only real thing we can do is potentially run a lot more DPP than we normally would
Some of the WAFL matches have been called off, some rescheduled, could we see some teams with double gameweeks? Giants Womens team have six out through Health&Safety (Covid?). Gonna be a bumpy ride this one.

Some of the WAFL matches have been called off, some rescheduled, could we see some teams with double gameweeks? Giants Womens team have six out through Health&Safety (Covid?). Gonna be a bumpy ride this one.
Still 2 months out from the season .....as we know in this World, a lot can happen in that time ....I'm thinking for the better

With each passing day, and each updated training report, it's getting easier to do - on my alt side - mid price maaadddness (no player over 800K and no player under 300K)

Fun times! :D :

View attachment 1320505
Every year at some point i end up with a mid priced madness team but eventually sanity prevails.... or as my brother calls it soberdom

With each passing day, and each updated training report, it's getting easier to do - on my alt side - mid price maaadddness (no player over 800K and no player under 300K)

Fun times! :

View attachment 1320505
With the reports on Tucker am strongly considering saving 300k on Whit and spending it in the midfield instead.

Priced @ 62.. whether he can push 90 for it to be a win is the question.

Fun times! :D :

View attachment 1320505
This team actually looks really good.

If you were to try and take this team and turn it into a more balanced team. You'd add three midfield sub-300 premium rookies, add Elijah Hollands in the forward line (at the expense of Heeney, Fin Macrae, Dusty and Neale) and add in some better Uber premiums.

Love the value in Curnow, Rowell, Crouch and the backline.

Last edited:
This team actually looks really good.

If you were to try and take this team and turn it into a more balanced team. You'd add three midfield sub-300 premiums, add Elijah Hollands in the forward line (at the expense of Heeney, Fin Macrae, Dusty and Neale) and add in some better Uber premiums.

Love the value in Curnow, Rowell, Crouch and the backline.

100%. To go guns and rooks, I'd cull Danger, T. Thomas, W. Day, F. Macrae, Dawson, Serong, De Goey, Milera, Ridley, Witts, Treloar, Dusty and then turning them into my current team, which has Ward or JHF, N. Daicos, G. Clark, Dunks back in the forward line, Duncan and Hollands in the forward line, Whit, Lloyd, Chesser and Hall down back, Steele and Titch in the mids and Grundy instead of Witts.

Essentially:

F. Macrae down to JHF/Ward
Danger down to N. Daicos
Serong up to Steele
Treloar up to Titch via Dunks forward
T. Thomas up to Duncan
De Goey down to Hollands
Dusty down to G. Clark
Witts up to Grundy
Milera down to Chesser
Dawson up to Hall
Day up to Whit