Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowey a HUGE risk .....great form didn't equate to great Fantasy scoring .....in fact it's poor rookie level scoring

View attachment 1307722

Try and get both Steele and Macrae

At the end of the day, you have 3 objectives with your starting team:

1. Reliable Capt and VC options

2. A team that will score you maximum points ....sound obvious, but many fail to calculate this .....rookies can score as well as your mid-pricers .....don't gamble on who you think will improve, use statistical data to support your opinions

3. How many trades will you need to complete your team ? .....allow for Covid & Concussions this year

Is it too much of a risk to start Hollands on ground? That would mean I could ditch Rozee and put another rookie on the bench, and dput together some more money towards Steele.

This is a lot more complicated than I had thought.

Is it too much of a risk to start Hollands on ground? That would mean I could ditch Rozee and put another rookie on the bench, and dput together some more money towards Steele.

Unless you have completed a min of 1,680 teams .....you're not doing it properly 🤣

Hollands will play R1 .....played a lot of VFL, so he's now almost 2 years into his knee reco recovery :whitecheck:

You're thinking correct with Hollands and Steele ;)

Unless you have completed a min of 1,680 teams .....you're not doing it properly 🤣

Hollands will play R1 .....played a lot of VFL, so he's now almost 2 years into his knee reco recovery :whitecheck:

You're thinking correct with Hollands and Steele ;)

Last year my team was called the Mo Bros and consisted entirely of players with staches. It did not lend itself to strategy.

1641629419863.png

Tweaked, 503k left, who goes into that forward spot? (Could be a cheaper player and put that into upgrading Draper, I'm not fussed, just not sure who'd make a good forwad line rookie besides Hollands.) Chose Ely Smith on the midfield bench as he has DPP and lets me do some swapping aroud if necessary.

Last edited:
View attachment 1307735

Tweaked, 503k left, who goes into that forward spot? Chose Ely Smith on the midfield bench as he has DPP and lets me do some swapping aroud if necessary.

I think with covid able to cause all sort of chaos and drama I wouldn’t have 4 bulldogs or 4 players of any team in my starting lineup just to minimise risk.

View attachment 1307735

Tweaked, 503k left, who goes into that forward spot? (Could be a cheaper player and put that into upgrading Draper, I'm not fussed, just not sure who'd make a good forwad line rookie besides Hollands.) Chose Ely Smith on the midfield bench as he has DPP and lets me do some swapping aroud if necessary.
Charlie Comben or Luke pedlar .....Jacob Edwards is not going to help you much ....toss him and make Skinner / Comben as your utility .....you can actually rotate (interchange) both players thru the utility to cover Rucks / Fwds / Def's

I appreciate all the advice. Lot of intricacies here that I don't understand yet.

1641630766979.png

How's this look? I'll look into substitutes for CD and/or Macrae, given the very solid advice about not having too many players from one team. (Also got four Adelaide players so ROB might not be the best R2 option.)

I’m starting Hollands at this point so I can afford Steele. He will potentially score similar to Rozee anyway and certainly not $400k worse so that’s a good switch to get a captain in Steele

View attachment 1307735

I’d go Pedlar.

Ditch Daniel and shift Whitfield and get another gun mid.

Also would probably consider only one of Treloar or Dunkley. Could end up in all sorts if Dogs catch Covid when you’ve got 4 keepers from them. (3 if you ditch Daniel)

I’d go Pedlar.

Ditch Daniel and shift Whitfield and get another gun mid.

Also would probably consider only one of Treloar or Dunkley. Could end up in all sorts if Dogs catch Covid when you’ve got 4 keepers from them. (3 if you ditch Daniel)

What mid would be good for 750k-ish? Mundy was a rock this year but not sure if he could keep being that durable. Cerra could explode at Carlton maybe.

Macrae replaced with Titch, and with Daniel out, only two Dogs keepers. Swapped ROB for Marshall to reduce my Adelaide keepers too - could go Draper instead so I can afford another 900k mid.

What mid would be good for 750k-ish? Mundy was a rock this year but not sure if he could keep being that durable. Cerra could explode at Carlton maybe.

Macrae replaced with Titch, and with Daniel out, only two Dogs keepers. Swapped ROB for Marshall to reduce my Adelaide keepers too - could go Draper instead so I can afford another 900k mid.
I didn’t realise you’d upgraded the ruck. Thought you could get a $900k mid.

Another option is to downgrade Rowell to a rookie and use that money to get into Mills, Oliver, Walsh territory. Even if fall short of them someone like Josh Kelly becomes viable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_0438.JPG

A few players still up in the air but overall really like the structure, so plan to have something like this round 1.

My biggest concern is whether or not Neale at M3 is deep enough, most teams I’m seeing above have went the route of 3 900k+ mids so still considering that, not sure I want to risk not starting Neale.

Is there any chance we got a player x vs y thread? Got a couple doozys that have me stumped,
Darcy and Walsh vs gawn and neale
W.brodie vs c.curnow+30k vs w.rioli+80k
Whitfield vs short
Maynard vs bowes vs ridley
Treloar vs dunkley
Marchbank vs kemp vs rookie

And could any eagles fans give me their thoughts on yeo, love him as a player personally think he’s your most important player, but is he capable of getting back to his best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty happy with my lineup now (as I have been with every version it seems).

I’m going heavy to start the year in the midfield. Picking the right breakout player seems to have a relatively low success rate so I’d rather just bank the points early assuming we have enough rookies to cover an extra spot or two. Also concerned with Covid that if I dont start with them, I could struggle to get them while plugging other gaps. Macrae still seems quite unique which is a big surprise but also Kelly and Simpkin offer a POD.

Only concern is perhaps going in slightly cheap down back but to find the 3-400k needed to strengthen Kemp’s position I’d need to significantly weaken my midfield.

Very heavy currently with the rnd 13 bye up forward but I’m not going to put to much emphasis on that right now as all Duncan, Dunkley and Trealor have been locked and loaded since day 1 and Stengle is a place holder/wait and see. One of them is also just as likely to be injured by the byes anyway 🥴

BC0BD967-3645-43DC-B5A8-44E02177A39C.jpeg 0FFD71B8-6B0A-4759-875D-3BF9BE5F322E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm big on him. Back in training

What's our gameplan looking like for 2022 though?
Surely we move away from the high possession football of years gone by. We got cut open over-using the footy in 2021.

Gaff excelled in 2019 and prior from being an elite runner and running out games, always putting himself in the hole for a cheapie +6 for almost no benefit to the team.

I'm not sure I see him having that lucrative fantasy role anymore.

What's our gameplan looking like for 2022 though?
Surely we move away from the high possession football of years gone by. We got cut open over-using the footy in 2021.

Gaff excelled in 2019 and prior from being an elite runner and running out games, always putting himself in the hole for a cheapie +6 for almost no benefit to the team.

I'm not sure I see him having that lucrative fantasy role anymore.
Time will tell. He's a bloke that averaged 110, 111 and 108 adjusted for ronaball before last season where he was forced to play a different role due to injuries to our midfielders. Big pre season watch for me.

Time will tell. He's a bloke that averaged 110, 111 and 108 adjusted for ronaball before last season where he was forced to play a different role due to injuries to our midfielders. Big pre season watch for me.
A guy that’s gone 108+ 3 of the last 4 seasons is undeniable value. You’re talking borederline top 8 mid at a great price. Even if he just went 105, still a good buy imo

Gold Coast, North, Freo, Collingwood his first month. Dream start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back