Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of teams now with Sinn at D6. Is he a lock for round 1?

Maybe not a lock but I think he’s just as likely as any other top rookie to play. We traded up on draft night to get him so I think we clearly wanted him in our side. Add on that the one thing Hinkley has always done is blood the new guys from the start and I think he will see plenty of game time early fitness permitting

I havent got involved in AFL fantasy for a few seasons. Ill probably end up losing track mid season with byes/covid.
Defence is average, and im having second thoughts on J.Hopper.
Annotation 2022-01-11 093032.png

Back again for another year.
Something I've thrown together and will tinker with as the season gets closer.
Basement rooks are fairly sketchy, as is picking JDG.

View attachment 1309026

5 players from the pies in starting lineup is likely asking for trouble with covid likely to cause drama I would be looking to have 3 max from one team in starting lineup to minimise the risk

What I'm going with at the moment. Ive made a conscious effort to ensure my bench is as strong as it could be with players who have potential to play early while also having some who should stay there. As I think benches are going to be important this year. Happy to hear thoughts and suggestions, Got like 10k in the bank.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.54.29 am.png

What I'm going with at the moment. Ive made a conscious effort to ensure my bench is as strong as it could be with players who have potential to play early while also having some who should stay there. As I think benches are going to be important this year. Happy to hear thoughts and suggestions, Got like 10k in the bank.

View attachment 1309057

Merrett is an interesting one haven’t seen him in many teams, what do you see him averaging this year?
Do you think it’s possible his average can go down with parish getting better and mcgrath Shiel caldwell and hobbs all looking likely for round 1?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1309057
Hamling's a brave pick. Yeah there's job security (if he stays fit) but his scoring will more than likely be terrible. Personally, I think there's many better picks out there.

A lot of dons too. What are your thoughts on Caldwell and Ridley? Can Caldwell stay fit? Does Ridley have that fantasy friendly role back?

Hamling's a brave pick. Yeah there's job security (if he stays fit) but his scoring will more than likely be terrible. Personally, I think there's many better picks out there.

A lot of dons too. What are your thoughts on Caldwell and Ridley? Can Caldwell stay fit? Does Ridley have that fantasy friendly role back?
Hamling is just there for job security and is priced at 25, so he can double that most weeks, and is a safe best 22 pick for the start of the season.

Ridley I think can get back to his intercept scoring as Jake Kelly is now at the Dons, so then frees Ridley up in the backline, and still is underpriced I think has 15 points upside.

Caldwell again, is very good value, I think as an early season starter hes an okay pick, Priced at 58. Hes an easy 75+ and shown he can go a lot higher. His body is an issue, but I think im willing to go for it as the upside can be huge.

Hamling is just there for job security and is priced at 25, so he can double that most weeks, and is a safe best 22 pick for the start of the season.

Ridley I think can get back to his intercept scoring as Jake Kelly is now at the Dons, so then frees Ridley up in the backline, and still is underpriced I think has 15 points upside.

Caldwell again, is very good value, I think as an early season starter hes an okay pick, Priced at 58. Hes an easy 75+ and shown he can go a lot higher. His body is an issue, but I think im willing to go for it as the upside can be huge.
With Caldwell, rare that a 4th string mid scores well .....Parish has stepped up since Caldwell last played

So is the midfield; Zerrett, Parish, Shiel, Langford, McGrath, Stringer ......where does Caldwell rank with those players ?

I would be keen on Caldwell at his price. Seems to be given an inside mid role

Would you have caldwell over rowell?
I can’t see anyone going both
Probably not over Rowell; Rowell is locked inside mid and will have a full preseason under his belt.

We were just giving him game experience and nursing him back in the second half. Should be ready to explode.

It would be real risky to go both, but possible if Yeo/Cripps/Coniglio/Crouch aren't screaming pick me in M5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any worry that Heppell, Hind and even Redman (at times) are already playing a rebound role down back ?

This would be my concern with Ridley. A lot of mouths to feed in that team!
Particularly around defensive 50. Teams can usually sustain multiple midfielders going at 100+, but in terms of elite scoring defenders you usually won't see more than two from any given team (extreme example is North Melbourne. After Ziebell and Hall, the drop off is significant).

I am looking towards having one of Maynard/Bowes/Ridley at D3 and the first two are higher on my list at this stage.

Probably not over Rowell; Rowell is locked inside mid and will have a full preseason under his belt.

We were just giving him game experience and nursing him back in the second half. Should be ready to explode.

It would be real risky to go both, but possible if Yeo/Cripps/Coniglio/Crouch aren't screaming pick me in M5

Serong and yeo are the two at that price range I’m confident in, currently running both but might go one down to rowell and upgrade my forwards

Serong and yeo are the two at that price range I’m confident in, currently running both but might go one down to rowell and upgrade my forwards

Ah yes serong I knew I forgot someone.

Playing around with my team and for the first time having preuss (had Gawn) I can afford danger at M6.

Interesting I would rather have danger over treloar, danger could easily make some cash early and I could upgrade to any fallen premo like a Touk or Lyons who start off slow.

Treloar will be a keeper I guess so can get him any time

I definitely won’t go thru with it but weird seeing danger at M6 IMG_1405.JPG

Went full gun's n rooks last year as well as 4-5 of the top priced players, fielded 9 rookies for too long and struggled by having to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the rest.

Trying to go with value picks, a few POD's and some MP's with upside.

I'm not too worried about the cheap as chips ruckline as it get's Fwd/Def rookies down to manageable levels.

Captaincy options are limited and will be something that I'll keep an eye on.

fantasy pre season 2022.2.JPG

What am I missing with Bowes.

I had him last year and after starting well his scoring fell off a cliff.

Is there something I don't know ?

Apparently there’s a chance he turns to a pressure forward too, that’s a no from me, he struggles to score at half back.

Have a look at ruscoe at the same price, really think he can breakout this year, almost a lock for best 22 for the pies too.

Word is he is training with the mids to make a midfield move which is where he played when he was drafted

He’s one of our better ball users, been doing triathlons with Touk over the off season.

So he’s fit and ready to go.

Drafted as a midfielder and has played half back as our general for the last two years. 30 touches @ 100% against eagles was a massive stand out.

Did his hamstring and then dew chucked him half forward and all over the place for the rest of the year, so a lot of inconsistency.

For me he is a bargain at D3/D4.

2019 form he started the year in the guts and “tagged” Bont Cripps Fyfe.

I’m probably Bowes #1 fan in the fantasy circle. So I’ll cop it when the ship sinks

IMG_1406.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back