2022-Banner-Fixture-Round-.png

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He’s one of our better ball users, been doing triathlons with Touk over the off season.

So he’s fit and ready to go.

Drafted as a midfielder and has played half back as our general for the last two years. 30 touches @ 100% against eagles was a massive stand out.

Did his hamstring and then dew chucked him half forward and all over the place for the rest of the year, so a lot of inconsistency.

For me he is a bargain at D3/D4.

2019 form he started the year in the guts and “tagged” Bont Cripps Fyfe.

I’m probably Bowes #1 fan in the fantasy circle. So I’ll cop it when the ship sinks

View attachment 1309595
One question on him that I have. It seems a few avid GC supporters over on the supercoach board seem to think he is in that 20-26th player on the list and has shakey job security. Any truth to that?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
One question on him that I have. It seems a few avid GC supporters over on the supercoach board seem to think he is in that 20-26th player on the list and has shakey job security. Any truth to that?

I can see their view on that But personally he’s best 22.

He’s career path is genuinely the same as Callum Mills. Life in the backline until he’s ready for full time mid role.

Bowes is one of our smartest ball users I can’t see him not making our best 22

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After playing around with how my team would look going with the Gawndy set up I do like the stability it provides.

Assuming Crouch is fit to play as well and Sheldrick is just a place holder as couldn’t afford anyone else. Hoping Freeman earns a spot with the Suns and offers another rookie midfielder too.

Although I don’t love loosing Duncan but the news he’s not in full training for another couple weeks does concern me to start the year.

C43CDAA6-8C51-4024-9003-5C4C20CB902C.jpeg
36ECE8C7-058A-4A6F-9DCB-D59BAAB3B1E2.jpeg

creamPIES

Debutant
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
After playing around with how my team would look going with the Gawndy set up I do like the stability it provides.

Assuming Crouch is fit to play as well and Sheldrick is just a place holder as couldn’t afford anyone else. Hoping Freeman earns a spot with the Suns and offers another rookie midfielder too.

Although I don’t love loosing Duncan but the news he’s not in full training for another couple weeks does concern me to start the year.

View attachment 1309949View attachment 1309950

I hadn’t seen that about duncan, that’s probably enough for me to go down to dunkley
I was trying to avoid starting both dunkley and treloar but that might no give me any choice
Question is can you afford to have 3 premos from the same club? Covid is obviously gonna be a factor this year so could end up coming back to bite you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Don't know about 3 premo's from same club. But my rule so far is only 3 players from same team in my starting team plus a bench player to avoid total COVID disaster. Which were the 3 premo's ?

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hadn’t seen that about duncan, that’s probably enough for me to go down to dunkley
I was trying to avoid starting both dunkley and treloar but that might no give me any choice
Question is can you afford to have 3 premos from the same club? Covid is obviously gonna be a factor this year so could end up coming back to bite you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im not too concerned about going in with all Macrae, Dunkley and Trealor. They are all fantasy guns and think it’s more a risk not starting with them then starting with them and worrying about Covid. Yes theres a chance covid rips through the dogs but there’s only so much planning you can do before just throwing your hands up.

Even if they miss a week somewhere, they could net me extra points than the alternatives in the weeks they do play to more than compensate for a week off and fielding some extra rookies I think.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Current Team - any thoughts welcome.

DEF: Hall, Whitfield, Dawson, Bowes, Ruscoe, Marchbank (McDonagh, 190k)
MID: Steele, Mitchell, Mills, Crouch, JHF, Daicos, Ward, Hobbs (2 x 190k)
RK: Grundy, Darcy (190k)
FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, TThomas, Gresham, Pedlar, Hollands (2 x 190k)
190k utility (Probs Skinner)

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Current Team - any thoughts welcome.

DEF: Hall, Whitfield, Dawson, Bowes, Ruscoe, Marchbank (McDonagh, 190k)
MID: Steele, Mitchell, Mills, Crouch, JHF, Daicos, Ward, Hobbs (2 x 190k)
RK: Grundy, Darcy (190k)
FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, TThomas, Gresham, Pedlar, Hollands (2 x 190k)
190k utility (Probs Skinner)

Reply to your PM's !!! :p

Looks good. I'm trying to limit my injury prone players, so avoiding Crouch for that reason...

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Using my partner's account as a dummy account (my fun IDGAF account), I've compiled a thought exercise called 'no player over 800K' - which is what I'll likely take into the season proper on that account, given how speculative/what a fun and wild ride it will be! Only 2 rooks on field, which has gotta be some kind of record for me, haha :)

1642043570308.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Using my partner's account as a dummy account (my fun IDGAF account), I've compiled a thought exercise called 'no player over 800K' - which is what I'll likely take into the season proper, given how speculative/what a fun and wild ride it will be! Only 2 rooks on field, which has gotta be some kind of record for me, haha :)

View attachment 1310183

I like thought exercise teams. Considered a "born in the 2000s" one.

Update - tried one out with the SC free team builder. Rucks and top tier players are the problem, it's full of mid tier players.

Last edited:
Also - is the website down for others or just me ???
Down for me also
I had this problem earlier today.

My old bookmark took me straight to my team page. But for some reason, the page wouldn't load with that address. Instead i changed my bookmark to:

https://fantasy.afl.com. au (take out the space between com. and au If i take the space out, bigfooty automatically insterts it as a URL and i'm not sure that will work for you).

That took me to the home page, and i could then follow the link to see my team.

Flying_as_One1991

Premium Gold
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Las Vegas Golden Knights, NY Mets
Season can’t come quicker need to know what rookies will play to complete my team. But happy with structure

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Main change was

Grundy (115) > Draper (75)
JHF (65) > Caldwell (90)
Sh*t fwd rook (50) > Brodie (75)

Still tossing up but I think the right hand column has more upside. Draper/Brodie could have 80-90 potential

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Main change was

Grundy (115) > Draper (75)
JHF (65) > Caldwell (90)
Sh*t fwd rook (50) > Brodie (75)

Still tossing up but I think the right hand column has more upside. Draper/Brodie could have 80-90 potential

According to the Freo board, Brodie is next to no chance to play Round 1 - still unfit as hell, and came last in all time trials this week/last week.

Caldwell also no guarantee to get the inside mid time he was promised last year, as Parish came in and blew the roof off that role. Reckon he gets some minutes, but a lot of mouths to feed with all of Zerrett, Parish, Stringer, Shiel, McGrath, Langford, Dev Smith etc. Then add in Hobbs who looks like playing early, and I can't see him averaging anymore than 75-80 IMO.

Draper is probably the one with the most upside, so I like him as a pick. Rest of the side is grouse :)

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
According to the Freo board, Brodie is next to no chance to play Round 1 - still unfit as hell, and came last in all time trials this week/last week.

Caldwell also no guarantee to get the inside mid time he was promised last year, as Parish came in and blew the roof off that role. Reckon he gets some minutes, but a lot of mouths to feed with all of Zerrett, Parish, Stringer, Shiel, McGrath, Langford, Dev Smith etc. Then add in Hobbs who looks like playing early, and I can't see him averaging anymore than 75-80 IMO.

Draper is probably the one with the most upside, so I like him as a pick. Rest of the side is grouse :)
Didn’t know Brodie came last in the trial - cut for sure.

Caldwell I can’t see playing anywhere else. Mid role is the only thing they recruited him for. Zez Parish McGrath Shiel Caldwell will be their on ball brigade I suspect with Langford wing/HFF and Stringer back to his usual role. There’s definite 20+ point upside there however he’s still the likely candidate to go down to JHF for the extra $$ to secure those better JS rooks.

Draper is touch and go, still has to show some good signs in pre season. Ticks a lot of boxes though, break out written all over him, undisputed solo ruck, price is right plus I love him as a player.

Time will tell. It’s as sure as the sun rising tomorrow that 3 spot variation won’t be the only thing that changes between now and March.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3

That’s super disappointing on Will Brodie. He’s fitness and lack of spread from the contest has always been his downfall at the suns.

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s super disappointing on Will Brodie. He’s fitness and lack of spread from the contest has always been his downfall at the suns.
Yeah the reports on Brodie sure are disappointing.

Perhaps it's just excitement over a highly rated draft pick but every training watcher keeps raving about Erasmus. Big watch for me.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Wow... last... really? New recruit rocks up and comes last!?

You'd think he'd have been doing some running or something to impress the new club. Yikes.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will Brodie sucks man

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Wow... last... really? New recruit rocks up and comes last!?

You'd think he'd have been doing some running or something to impress the new club. Yikes.
Wasn’t he a salary dump though? Not as if Freo actively went out of there way to pursue him. Something stinks with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back