2022-Banner-Fixture-Round-.png

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Wasn’t he a salary dump though? Not as if Freo actively went out of there way to pursue him. Something stinks with him
Which makes it even worse, the club you were at didn't want you and the new club only took you on as a dump.

If that doesn't scream last chance nothing does and he still rocks up unfit? Almost no chance to make it.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Which makes it even worse, the club you were at didn't want you and the new club only took you on as a dump.

If that doesn't scream last chance nothing does and he still rocks up unfit? Almost no chance to make it.

Gives me some hope still !!!

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

It's all okay as long as Johnson comes on.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Yeah the reports on Brodie sure are disappointing.

Perhaps it's just excitement over a highly rated draft pick but every training watcher keeps raving about Erasmus. Big watch for me.

Yeah I love Everythjng bout Erasmus, he would of been my first choice midfielder if Suns went that way

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Chapman likely to be best 22 for you guys this year ??
I'd like to think so but we've got a lot of talent to squeeze into that back 6. Availability may be a factor that impacts his selection. Will be interesting to see how JL uses Clark, Chappy and Young - very exciting.

Consensus on the freo board appears to have him in the 22, probably starts on the bench. Based on what he showed in his few games last year it would be hard to leave him out.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
I'd like to think so but we've got a lot of talent to squeeze into that back 6. Availability may be a factor that impacts his selection. Will be interesting to see how JL uses Clark, Chappy and Young - very exciting.

Consensus on the freo board appears to have him in the 22, probably starts on the bench. Based on what he showed in his few games last year it would be hard to leave him out.
Thoughts on Young as say a D4?

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
hell probably be the highest scorer out of our backline, would be who were looking for every exit, he looks to mark rather than spoil as well and is an off chance of rotating through the middle, questions over his ability to stay fit but will be a lock for every game
Think we'll probably look to Clark and Young on the exit based on what the training watchers have reported.

He's been in and out of my defence all pre-season. Kinda miffed that he's priced higher than Sicily.

Very tempted to run Young at D3 and Sicily D4.

Last edited:

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Don't know how I did it, but after much screwing around and back and forth, I somehow managed to squeeze the big dog ruck in Darcy as my R2, whilst maintaining my structure and having only 6 rooks. Not touching this until pre-season starts - LOCKED*

V4.0:

1642132560921.png

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
This team is purely an experiment and I don't expect it to score much, but here's my Born In The 2000s squad. The lack of premiums meant I could generally avoid playing rookies on field and have some higher potential on the bench. Rucks were a problem.

View attachment 1310706

This seems like fun, and I'll definitely give this a crack later :)

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

I had him last year and was really happy with the way he was playing, right up to the point he got injured and missed the season - at the same time 20 other players in my side did..... I'm just hoping he can get back to that....

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
I had him last year and was really happy with the way he was playing, right up to the point he got injured and missed the season - at the same time 20 other players in my side did..... I'm just hoping he can get back to that....

I remember that. He was an awesome pod for you...and then you cursed him :p

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't know how I did it, but after much screwing around and back and forth, I somehow managed to squeeze the big dog ruck in Darcy as my R2, whilst maintaining my structure and having only 6 rooks. Not touching this until pre-season starts - LOCKED*

V4.0:

View attachment 1310707

We have very similar lineups now.

Same backline.

In the Mids I have Macrae for Neale, Jelly for Yeo and Erasmus for Rowell.

Rucks, Gawn for Darcy

And forward, Trealor for Duncan

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
This team is purely an experiment and I don't expect it to score much, but here's my Born In The 2000s squad. The lack of premiums meant I could generally avoid playing rookies on field and have some higher potential on the bench. Rucks were a problem.

View attachment 1310706

So I tried this, and yeah you're right, it didn't end up being much fun once I got to the rucks and forward line, haha. Went with something different, which I'll post below - which was a bit more fun as there were more players to pick from

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I really like coming up with teams with limitations like this. Considering putting together a "only those drafted after pick 30" side. Very cool concept.
How about a team of the most "injury prone" players ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back