Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine .....seems to be precautionary ....you can't see FREO allowing Darcy to train if there was the slightest issue

giphy.gif

9DA40C22-A91E-45EC-B2DD-A84BB9236EED.png

It sounds like Lynch will only miss a week or two of pre season. Still 7 weeks until round 1 so I would think he suits up round 1 pending no further setbacks. Word is that Balta has beentraining with the forwards though

Cheers mate

Obviously can't say any with clarity now, but they are always available. James Jordon, Miles Bergman, Chad Warner, Errol Gulden, Tom Powell, Caleb Poulter, Nik Cox etc etc all averaged that or more last season.
Dude, how many of those are defenders? Tell me which defender rookies averaged 65-70 and played 22 games? I'll wait for it here.

Dude, how many of those are defenders? Tell me which defender rookies averaged 65-70 and played 22 games? I'll wait for it here.
I'd say generally defender rookies are the most lucrative, last year it was Bergman, Bianco, Idun in a relatively lean year. The year before it was Starcevich, Rivers, Day. 2019 we had Duursma, Stack, Clarke, Hore, Scrimshaw in a particularly stacked year. All started the season below $250k and averaged 60-70 at least, some much more. For the 100k less and the same or better average, i'm taking them over a bloke in the 350s. I wont be starting any of Bowey or Rayner or Marchabank this season as there are far superior options.

I'd say generally defender rookies are the most lucrative, last year it was Bergman, Bianco, Idun in a relatively lean year. The year before it was Starcevich, Rivers, Day. 2019 we had Duursma, Stack, Clarke, Hore, Scrimshaw in a particularly stacked year. All started the season below $250k and averaged 60-70 at least, some much more. For the 100k less and the same or better average, i'm taking them over a bloke in the 350s. I wont be starting any of Bowey or Rayner or Marchabank this season as there are far superior options.
Did you even research the players you mentioned before posting? Bianco didn't avg 65 and he only played 11 games. Idun didn't avg 60. So out of the 600 afl players, only 1 defender (Bergman) reached the threshold that I predicted for Bowey.

Starcevic averaged 50. If you're referring to Will Day, he's never played more than 11 games. Trent Rivers only played 9 games. So I'm not sure what you're referring to? You've literally not named any rookie that would score 65-70 in year one and play all 22 games.

I think I've proved my point.

Did you even research the players you mentioned before posting? Bianco didn't avg 65 and he only played 11 games. Idun didn't avg 60. So out of the 600 afl players, only 1 defender (Bergman) reached the threshold that I predicted for Bowey.

Starcevic averaged 50. If you're referring to Will Day, he's never played more than 11 games. Trent Rivers only played 9 games. So I'm not sure what you're referring to? You've literally not named any rookie that would score 65-70 in year one and play all 22 games.

Ideally you would have up or downgraded all of your starting rookies that average 50-60 by the end of the byes for fresh rookies or premos.

Actually having a rookie play 22 games for you is actually not that great unless they are a Walsh type who can be a last upgrade.

Look i doubt he will be a disaster of a pick but he needs to go 65 minimum just to be worthy of a pick, even then you can probably get better value elsewhere.

I like him but i am not paying over 300k for a 7 gamer who could just as easily be dropped in round 4 struggling to perform week in week out as a young player.

Ideally you would have up or downgraded all of your starting rookies that average 50-60 by the end of the byes for fresh rookies or premos.

Actually having a rookie play 22 games for you is actually not that great unless they are a Walsh type who can be a last upgrade.
depends how many injuries you have I suppose. it also depends at what stage the rookies play. many teams only blood their youngsters once they realise finals are out of the picture.

Look i doubt he will be a disaster of a pick but he needs to go 65 minimum just to be worthy of a pick, even then you can probably get better value elsewhere.

I like him but i am not paying over 300k for a 7 gamer who could just as easily be dropped in round 4 struggling to perform week in week out as a young player.
well im a dees fan an I predict he'll play every game. He shut Weightman down in the GF who probably won the Leon Davis medal for the worst in a GF.

well im a dees fan an I predict he'll play every game. He shut Weightman down in the GF who probably won the Leon Davis medal for the worst in a GF.
Yeah he has had a very good start to his career, like i said not an awful pick.

Just think other players will either give better scoring or better $ generation over the first 6-8 weeks. He could be a slow burn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Aaron Hall pop up in my team for the first time this preseason? Struggling to land on a defender not named Lloyd or Whitfield.
season 5 GIF

Aaron Hall? Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

v1.PNG

... Well I actually really like this for a first draft. Pretty generic but a couple POD's thrown in there.

Love the midfield. On the fence about Dangerfield, will need to see him fit and healthy in preseason. Could easily drop to a Serong, T.Kelly or Yeo and make some coin. Even a Caldwell.

De Goey is pencilled in at this stage. I'd love to play Tarryn Thomas instead, but JDG seems safer.

Every single season I have Whitfield and every season he finds a way to F#$% up my season. Last season it was getting concussed on 28 points and then having to sit the following week out.

The year before he got injured on 13 points!

He's a gun, but this season I'm anticipating plenty of headaches from this consistent letter downer.

Every single season I have Whitfield and every season he finds a way to F#$% up my season. Last season it was getting concussed on 28 points and then having to sit the following week out.

The year before he got injured on 13 points!

He's a gun, but this season I'm anticipating plenty of headaches from this consistent letter downer.
2 trades a week helps limit the risk in starting Whitfield
If he pops off you’re laughing. Rather have him in this instance off a full pre season then watch on cause of being hesitant to start him

If he gets 50 and injured round 1 we can trade him to Dawson or someone of that Ilk
The upside is he averages 105+ and is a top 3 defender. Get on and enjoy the roller coaster
I hate the bugger too haha

Last edited:
Show us the the rest of your team. I rate this set up so far but surely there’s a hole somenwere. If not this is bordering on elite or I’ve had one too many beers
Midfield isn't as stacked at the top end as others, but has at least 2 legitimate captain options. Not sold on Serong or Macrae, they are really price based placeholders at this stage.

1643202506299.png

Currently debating whether or not I should downgrade Serong to Rowell/Caldwell, which would allow me to get Gresham at F4 up to a Cogs/Treloar, or Witts up to a Darcy/Marshall/ROB

Pretty happy with my current lineup with the 4 big Mids to hopefully set and forget the whole year. Trying to avoid picking that next “breakout” midfielder which if we’re honest how many do we actually get accurate (well myself anyway).

D: Whit, Dawson, Day, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (McDonough, Driscoll)

C: Steele, Macrae, Mitchell, Oliver, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Roberts (Clark, Stephens)

R: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)

F: Duncan, Dunkley, Trealor, Butters, Rachele, Holland’s (Murley, 190k)

U: Skinner

Main toss up at the moment is between Dawson, Rowell and Witts to either Clark, Serong and O,Brien with a rookie downgrade too (Roberts).

Also heavy in rnd 13 bye but not too concerned about that too start.
I adore Butters this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back