Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the point now where I need some preseason games...

I was happy with my team. But I've gotten bored and started tinkering with it and made it look atrocious based off assumptions certain lines may be more difficult than others to fill with rookies.

Truth is we need to just wait for preseason games now before we can hone things any further. It's all just guesswork and assumptions otherwise.
Yeah mines a bit ****ed currently. I think I posted my favourite one in here (at least I hope) so I can revert back 🤣

It’s the classic battle of instinct vs over thinking things we all face

Initial gut feel is usually right but then we habitually over analyse everything which causes doubt. I’m forever seeking the balance with an emphasis on the former
Absolutely. And you just keep seeing the same names in your side and get bored so change them out. I’ve had Tom Mitchell all pre season but moved him out for Walsh yesterday

Current Draft. Happy enough with structure of team. Can easily take Neale out to a Serong/Yeo to gain cash back to put on somewhere else. But happy for suggestions.
View attachment 1317559
Even though you're an Essendon fan and a few token Bombers are to be expected, I love seeing Merrett there.
Quite low ownership considering his scoring is captain worthy or discussed as such most weeks.

Had Will Brodie but someone posted that he was last in most of the running drills, that was enough for me to go with Charlie Curnow & Cam Rayner as fwd cheapies.
Pre season watch..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Caleb Serong will find his way into Caleb Shlongs team by round 1

View attachment 1318203

2nd year playing, any idea how many premos we should run? Have 11 here including Cogs and Heeney, not including Hewett/Sicily. Went 11 last year and didnt get full premo til round 23, but also used 8 trades in the ruck (even had Thilthorpe R2 at one point lol).
My Fantasy side is vastly different to my SC side .....more a true GnR approach

Not much of a discount for injured players from 2021 ....e.g Degoey is only $12K more than Cogs

$350K is too much for Fin Macrae who ave 43 for season 2021

I'm running 14 keepers in my side ....I'll make money quicker with $190K rookie players than $300K+ players

My Fantasy side is vastly different to my SC side .....more a true GnR approach

Not much of a discount for injured players from 2021 ....e.g Degoey is only $12K more than Cogs

$350K is too much for Fin Macrae who ave 43 for season 2021

I'm running 14 keepers in my side ....I'll make money quicker with $190K rookie players than $300K+ players
I'm running with an 'almost' GnR team (at the moment) too. No players in the price range between Wayne Milera ($398k) and Josh Dunkley ($767k).

Keeper structure (i.e. players at Dunkley's price or higher) of 4-5-2-2.

Am pretty comfortable with it, but that's probably because I'm an old DT player and old habits die hard :drunk:.

Nah she'll be fine .....the Rookies they always appear
Forward is usually the position they appear, you talk yourself into the fact that they have decent JS so your concerns over low scoring potential get overlooked, then they max out at 220-240k and they’re a dead weight and your left wondering why you didn’t see it.

I’m thinking of loading up on fwd premo/ underpriced and a super cheap midfield if tgg it e rookie field lines up as I suspect

Have just gone from Serong, Young and a rook (think it was Maginess) to Merrett, Rowell and Sinn.

Batting deep through the middle leaves the forward and back line lacking but boy it looks good.

DEF: Lloyd, Dawson, Sicily, Milera, Perez, Sinn (NOD, Skinner)

MID: Steele, Macrae, Titch, Merrett, Crouch, Rowell, Daicos, Ward (Erasmus, rook)

Ruck: Grundy and Darcy

FWD: Duncan, Dunks, De Goey, Pedlar, Holland, rook (rook, rook)

I don't like the 3 spud rooks up forward but apart from that it's not half bad.

Last edited:
Have just gone from Serong, Young and a rook (think it was Maginess) to Merrett, Rowell and Sinn.

Batting deep through the middle leaves the forward and back line lacking but boy it looks good.

DEF: Lloyd, Dawson, Sicily, Milera, Perez, Sinn (NOD, Skinner)

MID: Steele, Macrae, Titch, Merrett, Crouch, Rowell, Daicos, Ward (Erasmus, rook)

Ruck: Grundy and Darcy

FWD: Duncan, Dunks, De Goey, Pedlar, Holland, rook (rook, rook)

I don't like the 3 spud rooks up forward but apart from that it's not half bad.
4 big mids to carry your side and plenty of premo type scores to pop up elsewhere.

I don't have Sicily. Not discounted much based on that average point chart that was posted the other day.
I do have Milera (plus Rioli & Maynard) as questionable defenders though.
Milera only because fitness guru Darren Burgess seems to have a pretty good effect wherever he goes so I want some crows players that are unders based on fitness/body.
(Crouch, Milera, Hatley and even Scholl/Schoenberg could all be value picks)

Last edited:
Have managed to avoid changing my lineup for a number of days now and am quite settled across the board.

Have reverted again after recent training reports to backing in Witts to go at at least an 80 to start the year and can be a trade midway through the year.

Just need to find an extra 50k and I think I will be complete aside from any injuries or PS form to get Rioli (place holder) up to Curnow who is by every report, absolutely smashing it. Only way I can see that 50k at the moment is Heppell to Dawson which I really don’t want to do or Trealor to Thomas which I also don’t want to do but will likely have to pull the trigger on one of those two.

B: Hall, Whitfield, Heppell, Milera, Perez, Sinn

C: Steele, Macrae, Mitchell, Neale, Crouch, Daicos, Ward, Clark

R: Grundy, Witts

F: Duncan, Dunkley, Trealor, Rayner, Rioli (Curnow), Hollands

Have managed to avoid changing my lineup for a number of days now and am quite settled across the board.

Have reverted again after recent training reports to backing in Witts to go at at least an 80 to start the year and can be a trade midway through the year.

Just need to find an extra 50k and I think I will be complete aside from any injuries or PS form to get Rioli (place holder) up to Curnow who is by every report, absolutely smashing it. Only way I can see that 50k at the moment is Heppell to Dawson which I really don’t want to do or Trealor to Thomas which I also don’t want to do but will likely have to pull the trigger on one of those two.

B: Hall, Whitfield, Heppell, Milera, Perez, Sinn

C: Steele, Macrae, Mitchell, Neale, Crouch, Daicos, Ward, Clark

R: Grundy, Witts

F: Duncan, Dunkley, Trealor, Rayner, Rioli (Curnow), Hollands

I’ve also Gawn to Witt’s.

Sounds like no restrictions so cheap as chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back