1643410946956.png

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1643799762784.png

2021 was a year of frustration for Sam Philp, he’s seeing 2022 as one of opportunity.

For someone who had gotten an all-too-brief taste of senior football in his debut campaign of 2020, and someone who lives and breathes the game as much as he does, it’s no surprise that the 20-year-old couldn’t wait to be back in the swing of things when pre-season rolled around.

It was a persistent groin issue which curtailed Philp’s previous campaign, with the speedster managing only two VFL games before the conservative option was taken in May to withdraw him from the remainder of the season.

I’m feeling really strong, really robust out on the track and it’s helped me a fair bit. I was on a fairly modified program before December, doing just over half the sessions, where I did about 80 per cent of the session [on Saturday] which was one of the biggest so far.”

Philp – who has been training as a high half-forward, in the view to split his time evenly between that position and on the wing - articulated that, looking back now, “it’s probably really helpful for me”.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
View attachment 1320736

2021 was a year of frustration for Sam Philp, he’s seeing 2022 as one of opportunity.

For someone who had gotten an all-too-brief taste of senior football in his debut campaign of 2020, and someone who lives and breathes the game as much as he does, it’s no surprise that the 20-year-old couldn’t wait to be back in the swing of things when pre-season rolled around.

It was a persistent groin issue which curtailed Philp’s previous campaign, with the speedster managing only two VFL games before the conservative option was taken in May to withdraw him from the remainder of the season.

I’m feeling really strong, really robust out on the track and it’s helped me a fair bit. I was on a fairly modified program before December, doing just over half the sessions, where I did about 80 per cent of the session [on Saturday] which was one of the biggest so far.”

Philp – who has been training as a high half-forward, in the view to split his time evenly between that position and on the wing - articulated that, looking back now, “it’s probably really helpful for me”.

Petch 2.0 prob avoid

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Injuries to Henry and Miers which might mean missing round 1 could see a C.Stephens used in the middle for round 1 with say Parfitt and Duncan playing different positions to fill the voids

Geelong still have guys like Kolo/Atkins, Narkle/Higgins ect that could be picked instead but it dowant hurt his chances

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He highlighted prized draftee Campbell Chesser as the teenager most likely to progress quickly and push for senior call-up after impressing early in his first pre-season.

"He's probably a little bit more advanced than your standard draftee," Simpson said of the skilful runner.

"I think he was top 10 in our 2km time trial and I think he's one of the fittest on our list … (so) he is the young kid who may come through quicker."

S7Ydkj61.jpg

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Injuries to Henry and Miers which might mean missing round 1 could see a C.Stephens used in the middle for round 1 with say Parfitt and Duncan playing different positions to fill the voids

Geelong still have guys like Kolo/Atkins, Narkle/Higgins ect that could be picked instead but it dowant hurt his chances
Spot on. Highlighted this in the injury thread - Menegola and Ceglar likely to miss too due to their respective issues. 4 spots up for grabs, and I reckon at least 2 or 3 out of SDK, C. Stephens, Stengle and N. Stevens line up Round 1

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
What do people think about Joshua Rachele, apparently locked to play round 1, everyone is raving about him at the club
Low Fantasy scorer IMHO ......only kicks goals to score .....bit over-hyped IMO

Will be good, but has work to do ....like tackling, chasing, and applying pressure

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Low Fantasy scorer IMHO ......only kicks goals to score .....bit over-hyped IMO

Will be good, but has work to do ....like tackling, chasing, and applying pressure
Hes not in my team ATM, but I recall a few draft expert types saying his game had similarities to Toby Greene - tackles/marks etc.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He highlighted prized draftee Campbell Chesser as the teenager most likely to progress quickly and push for senior call-up after impressing early in his first pre-season.

"He's probably a little bit more advanced than your standard draftee," Simpson said of the skilful runner.

"I think he was top 10 in our 2km time trial and I think he's one of the fittest on our list … (so) he is the young kid who may come through quicker."

S7Ydkj61.jpg

I have Sinn in my backline at the moment but am ready to sub in Chesser depending on how they look in pre-season games, that sounds promising.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hes not in my team ATM, but I recall a few draft expert types saying his game had similarities to Toby Greene - tackles/marks etc.
Yeah, I hated the pre-draft hype on Rachele ......I watched all the U18 match's that counted (championship games & academy v Geelong vfl side) .....he was very average against the better competition

Dominated the NAB U18 match's though

Yeah, I hated the pre-draft hype on Rachele ......I watched all the U18 match's that counted (championship games & academy v Geelong vfl side) .....he was very average against the better competition

Dominated the NAB U18 match's though
Thank you for that, i suppose they wouldn't come out and say he is playing like ass, we ****ed this one up boys

I just wanted to know if the hype is real or over hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back