Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded gawn out so of course he got 100. Still happy i traded him out thou i didn't spend the whole night yelling at tv like i did the last two times melbourne played so there is that.

Last edited:
I trade gawn out so of course he got 100. Still happy i traded him out thou i didn't spend the whole night yelling at tv like i did the last two times melbourne played so there is that.
Got his disposals up but getting beat in the hit outs is a little concerning for him. Marking is still woefully out of form.

You just get the feeling his scoring will fluctuate between 80-110 depending on how much Jackson rucks each game. If it was a 900k mid people would be rioting at those sort of numbers. Nothing I saw tonight made me second guess pulling the trigger.

Can't decide whether to ditch Gawn or Grundy, I think Grundy

He had the easy Cats ruck matchup and barely scraped to 99, Gawn has atleast looked like scoring each week, just drops about 5 or 6 marks and gives away 5 frees

Grundy seems clueless, doesn't get in position for marks and doesn't tackle

Can't decide whether to ditch Gawn or Grundy, I think Grundy

He had the easy Cats ruck matchup and barely scraped to 99, Gawn has atleast looked like scoring each week, just drops about 5 or 6 marks and gives away 5 frees

Grundy seems clueless, doesn't get in position for marks and doesn't tackle
4 of my mates are dropping gawn because they are scared of jackson
1 of my mates are dropping grundy because gawn will be "unique now"

I kept gawn just because Melbourne can't afford to rest him up

Would be interesting bringing Ladhams into the forward line only worry his form in the VFL isn't great lost vs Stefan Martin

Would be interesting bringing Ladhams into the forward line only worry his form in the VFL isn't great lost vs Stefan Martin

He's also not very competitively priced at $610k and a breakeven of 80. You'd need a return on that straight away, unlike Preuss who had a lot more margin for failure

He's also not very competitively priced at $610k and a breakeven of 80. You'd need a return on that straight away, unlike Preuss who had a lot more margin for failure

Yep. Priced at $610K it's ludicrous. The current #7 overall scorer after 3 rounds (Tom Green) was $602K to start the season, so that's Ladhams' 'league' if you like. No thanks.

I thought he would be a lot less around BE of 60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crystal ball time folks.
How are we rating the top rucks for the rest of the season (average only, price irrelevant)? Pick as many as you feel are worth including in the conversation.
And where do we think Preuss will land?
1. Gawn (110)
2. English (108)
3. Grundy (105)
4. Daylight
6. Preuss (90, with intermittent suspensions/injuries)

Crystal ball time folks.
How are we rating the top rucks for the rest of the season (average only, price irrelevant)? Pick as many as you feel are worth including in the conversation.
And where do we think Preuss will land?
1. Gawn (110)
2. English (108)
3. Grundy (105)
4. Daylight
6. Preuss (90, with intermittent suspensions/injuries)
I still don't rate English. I think he'll have a big cliff and end up averaging like a flat 100 or just over.

So still on the Gawndy pairing then FBI?
For the forseeable future Mezz.

I'm trying to have some perspective on the broader history. One thing that is easy to forget with Rucks is that the game is a lot faster and cleaner at the start of the season with less rain, mud and fresher bodies + more Best 22 players available. As the season draws on the weather gets worse, players get tired and injuries occur whereby more stoppages start to occur and the ruckmen come back into the fore.

English seems like the epitome of a fair weather star whereas Gawndy will thrive in the slog.

For the forseeable future Mezz.

I'm trying to have some perspective on the broader history. One thing that is easy to forget with Rucks is that the game is a lot faster and cleaner at the start of the season with less rain, mud and fresher bodies + more Best 22 players available. As the season draws on the weather gets worse, players get tired and injuries occur whereby more stoppages start to occur and the ruckmen come back into the fore.

English seems like the epitome of a fair weather star whereas Gawndy will thrive in the slog.
I think this is the year English consistently puts together the separate pieces he's shown across the past few years. I reckon you're underselling English a bit too - he's just as capable as most with the grunt work. The only thing I see stopping him from ending up a better option than Grundy is Bevo... and we all know how that can go.

That said, there's space in my team for all three thanks to English's DPP.

I think this is the year English consistently puts together the separate pieces he's shown across the past few years. I reckon you're underselling English a bit too - he's just as capable as most with the grunt work. The only thing I see stopping him from ending up a better option than Grundy is Bevo... and we all know how that can go.

That said, there's space in my team for all three thanks to English's DPP.
He only averaging like 20 hit outs a game though? Compared to the big two who average like 30-40?

He only averaging like 20 hit outs a game though? Compared to the big two who average like 30-40?
Yep. He gets his scores more from general play than ruck domination (although he's only a few hitouts per gam behind Max).

His handball and mark numbers are higher than the other two. More tackles than Max and more kicks than Brodie.

Has one the lowest hit out to advantage of any ruckman in the comp apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back