Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
I thought this might be the year i sit and forget for rucks but my first team has witts and preuss :(

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could Draper be the Sean Darcy of 2022?

Coming into his third year in the team and had a couple injury issues but seems to be their clear number 1 ruck.

Finished with a bang with a 121 in the final (against the dogs) but could he be the one to jump up to that 85ave and a better option than Witts/Preuss?

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Witts and Preuss the clear choices if fit and injury free. Preuss should be their no. 1.
Reeves and Draper preseason watches. Not the year for top priced rucks.

Cm Perfect

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Dorset, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
For anyone considering it, Port play in between GWS and Essendon 4 times in the first 7 rounds, meaning you could loop Preuss/Draper at R2 with Hayes 4 times out of 7 to start the season (you would need to give up your ute spot so might cause headaches when shifting rookies around).

inb4 all the fixtures get moved around due to Covid...

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Witts and Preuss the clear choices if fit and injury free. Preuss should be their no. 1.
Reeves and Draper preseason watches. Not the year for top priced rucks.
The words Witts, Preuss and injury free should never be used in the same sentence.

Unless that sentence is "Witts and Preuss are never injury free"

The words Witts, Preuss and injury free should never be used in the same sentence.

Unless that sentence is "Witts and Preuss are never injury free"
Witts has had a good run from injury except for the last 18 months

Milo Cyrus

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone considering running Preuss at R3? Don’t know if I trust his body and Leon to run at R2, but a money making R3 is a good thing. That said. He’s like 180k more than the basement rookies
If he pumps out a ton in the pre-season game; that would get me over the line.

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I just can’t do Preuss at R2. If he got injured early you suddenly looking at big $$$ to get him to anyone decent. At least at say Witts rice there’s a couple of sideways options if things went pear shaped. Think I’m also talking myself into set and forget here. Every year I spend 3-4 trades on that R2 slot and effectively kills my season as far as overall goes. Maybe roll with Grundy and Darcy

Milo Cyrus

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Grundy (R1) & Witts (R2) with Hayes (R3) occupying my ruck slots at the moment.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m genuinely interested in Marshall as R2. He’s priced unders at what he can go at even as a forward because of the amount of time he spends in the ruck. Might end up with forward DPP which becomes very handy. Ryder ain’t getting any younger and has struggled to play out the last couple AFL seasons. If he goes down early you’re laughing but even if he doesn’t Marshall can pump out a decent score

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m genuinely interested in Marshall as R2. He’s priced unders at what he can go at even as a forward because of the amount of time he spends in the ruck. Might end up with forward DPP which becomes very handy. Ryder ain’t getting any younger and has struggled to play out the last couple AFL seasons. If he goes down early you’re laughing but even if he doesn’t Marshall can pump out a decent score
I agree. I see Marshall as 92-95 in tandem, and 100-105 solo

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
so you are saying we need to break Cameron's legs
Not really .....was it a case of Grundy not as fit as in previous years ? .....or a different approach by the Coaches to not burn him out ?

His TOG certainly was down on the last full season (2019) .....and Grundy himself has said he's dropped 3 kgs and is fitter .....so did Grundy drop the ball after signing his contract, or was his fitness the by product of team lockdowns, which we know he hated

2021 Season
1640839917057.png

2019 Season (2020 was an anomaly)
1640839935047.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back