Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaches Panel had an interesting stat only 4 rucks averaged over 30 hitouts Ryder Gawn Grundy and Nic Nat

And given that Witts scores 40 percent of points from hit outs

No one averaged more then 32 hitouts last season

I am avoiding now
Yep, saw that too. Very interesting point. I still think Witts will average more than the 68 he’s priced at, but may only go 80 odd which probably isn’t enough to justify starting

I’m leaning towards Darcy again now. Only think is he shares the same bye with Grundy. And having a bit of a look at ROB too now

Yep, saw that too. Very interesting point. I still think Witts will average more than the 68 he’s priced at, but may only go 80 odd which probably isn’t enough to justify starting

I’m leaning towards Darcy again now. Only think is he shares the same bye with Grundy. And having a bit of a look at ROB too now
Im leaning towards ROB and Darcy

Then I saw ROB on coaches panel
In his first six games of this year, he faces Freo (Sean Darcy), Collingwood (Brodie Grundy), Essendon (Sam Draper), Richmond (Toby Nankervis) and Western Bulldogs (Stefan Martin/Tim English).

Ewwwww

There is so many options Soldo, Ladhamd, Reeves, Lynch

Coaches Panel had an interesting stat only 4 rucks averaged over 30 hitouts Ryder Gawn Grundy and Nic Nat

And given that Witts scores 40 percent of points from hit outs

No one averaged more then 32 hitouts last season

I am avoiding now
Yes, but were they the 2021 Stats where Witts didn't play ?

So we need to source Witts hitout numbers for 2019/20 ....see how they rank alongside those other 4 players
thats the problem 2020 is affected by corona ball and 21 he was injured

2019 45
2020 28.1
2021 30 hitouts from 2.5 games

thats the problem 2020 is affected by corona ball and 21 he was injured

2019 45
2020 28.1
2021 30 hitouts from 2.5 games
Trouble with HO stats is whether there was a sole ruckman or two in tandem .....you gotta ask why almost a 40% drop off between 2019 and 2020

Yes there was reduced minutes .....but also there's been fewer ball-ups in the last 2 years with the introduction of rule changes
IMO you need your Ruckman active around the ground .....Gawn & Grundy excel .....ROB isn't bad either when he's clunking marks, however he's been inconsistent in that area the last 2 seasons

Does Draper do enough around the ground yet ? ......2020 he had "hard" hands ....but he improved last season
The Big 0 also improved his around the ground last season

In order I'm most keen on ROB >> McInerney >>Draper ......but Witts is so juicy at his price

Trouble with HO stats is whether there was a sole ruckman or two in tandem .....you gotta ask why almost a 40% drop off between 2019 and 2020

Yes there was reduced minutes .....but also there's been fewer ball-ups in the last 2 years with the introduction of rule changes
IMO you need your Ruckman active around the ground .....Gawn & Grundy excel .....ROB isn't bad either when he's clunking marks, however he's been inconsistent in that area the last 2 seasons

Does Draper do enough around the ground yet ? ......2020 he had "hard" hands ....but he improved last season
The Big 0 also improved his around the ground last season

In order I'm most keen on ROB >> McInerney >>Draper ......but Witts is so juicy at his price
He was playing injured in 2020 too but was still able to kinda get through even if it wasn't pretty

Grundy went 42 31 32 and Gawn 39 32 32

Witts has always relied heavily on his outs which isn't great

I hope Draper goes bang im pretty keen on him but still needs to run smarter

The appeal with Witts is that he's the most expensive of the speculative ruck picks for R2, giving you flexibility to go down to one of the breakout options (ie whichever of Draper, Reeves, Lynch, Soldo, Preuss, O. Mac looks like being the bolter this year) if one of them ends up being a 'must pick' from the early rounds' data, rather than trying to pick that needle out of the haystack from preseason.

Much easier to go down than up and Witts is almost guaranteed to at least make a little coin based on his previous averages rather than lose cash.

Upside is he could go 90+ and be one of your last upgrades.

Or just go Darcy/ROB at R2 and save yourself the headache, and make your savings on other lines where there's more wiggle room.

The appeal with Witts is that he's the most expensive of the speculative ruck picks for R2, giving you flexibility to go down to one of the breakout options (ie whichever of Draper, Reeves, Lynch, Soldo, Preuss, O. Mac looks like being the bolter this year) if one of them ends up being a 'must pick' from the early rounds' data, rather than trying to pick that needle out of the haystack from preseason.

Much easier to go down than up and Witts is almost guaranteed to at least make a little coin based on his previous averages rather than lose cash.

Upside is he could go 90+ and be one of your last upgrades.

Or just go Darcy/ROB at R2 and save yourself the headache, and make your savings on other lines where there's more wiggle room.
Yeah well that’s the thing I guess, I’d rather take the punt on another line than in the rucks I think, every year I burn unnecessary trades on that R2 because I’ve started a speculative pick. Want to try and avoid that this season

O. Mac looks like being the bolter this year

What makes you think Big Mac will be a Bolter? If anything I think he’s going to go backwards with the recruitment of Fort. Assume they traded him for a reason and seems many on their board expect him to play (if only he was 100k cheaper he’d be a good R3 option).

What makes you think Big Mac will be a Bolter? If anything I think he’s going to go backwards with the recruitment of Fort. Assume they traded him for a reason and seems many on their board expect him to play (if only he was 100k cheaper he’d be a good R3 option).

There was chat on page 2 of this thread about him going 90+ this year (I can't see it personally but it is possible).

Moot point as he's actually pricier than Witts (I'd wrongly assumed he was cheaper). Makes Witts even better value to be honest as he has a better scoring history than Big O.

Granted this was the case mid season ......however Flynn's rate of development was so great as the season progressed that by the end Flynn was actually preferred to Mummy

Now the stats don't show that, but my eye certainly did ;) .....and Flynn's had another PS now to develop further

My view is Flynn could be another option to Witts this year .......Preuss has NEVER shown he has the stamina to be a Ruckman, having played 80% of his 17 career games (over 6 years) as a FWD ......surely the stats must scare you ?

Same things that are being said about Preuss this season, were said last season when he joined GWS ......he bombed again, and has continued to do so .......IMO he's a "hail mary" selection

Sorry about the delay haha, been busy.

Definitely agree that Flynn had a good finish to the season, but by all reports Preuss is the main man. As things stand right now, he's essentially a more expensive rook, that could be locked in as first ruck. He's also dropped a bit of weight, and is having an unhampered pre-season.

The risk to me honestly feels pretty minimal, given he's only 77K more than JHF as the most expensive rook. With that said, I have a lot of cash wrapped up in expensive rooks and solid uber premiums, so my contingency will either be Draper/Reeves, or Witts - dependant on how they all shape up during pre-season.

Everything is a gamble in fantasy, haha - but given I only need Preuss to average 60 to be worth it as a rook - it's pretty low risk given his cost. If someone like Witts or Draper only averages 80/70 respectively, the risk goes up given the price differential between what their output is and the amount they look to increase by.

At this stage, he's in. But if his JS looks shaky during pre-season/his ruck time is split between Flynn/Briggs - then I'll pull the plug. At least I have Grundy at R1, so it's not completely batshit crazy :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, he's in. But if his JS looks shaky during pre-season/his ruck time is split between Flynn/Briggs - then I'll pull the plug. At least I have Grundy at R1, so it's not completely batshit crazy
If Flynn doesn't get a lot of gametime next season .....GWS will lose him, guaranteed other clubs will come a knocking

If Flynn doesn't get a lot of gametime next season .....GWS will lose him, guaranteed other clubs will come a knocking

No arguments here. I wanted us to go after him this season...but now that we've got Conway, we won't be recruiting anymore rucks for quite a while IMO. Reckon Saints would be perfect with Ryder retiring soon. Either that or GC, with Witts nearing the end too

No arguments here. I wanted us to go after him this season...but now that we've got Conway, we won't be recruiting anymore rucks for quite a while IMO. Reckon Saints would be perfect with Ryder retiring soon. Either that or GC, with Witts nearing the end too

I'd take him i a heartbeat. Flynn as main ruck, Sweet as backup ruck, English out of the goddamn ruck.

What's the talk on English for next season ......24 YO, had some very good games, but consistency an issue

No idea yet. I don't think Sam Darcy will be a ruckman, so our ruck division is Stef Martin, Jordon Sweet, and Tim English. One is 35, one has played a handful of games and doesn't know what a tank is, and one is an overgrown midfielder.

No idea yet. I don't think Sam Darcy will be a ruckman, so our ruck division is Stef Martin, Jordon Sweet, and Tim English. One is 35, one has played a handful of games and doesn't know what a tank is, and one is an overgrown midfielder.
Darcy's very skinny, and arguably he's more in the English mold as a FWD .....English 79 games into his career, hopefully he was stung by the vitriolic criticism of his game last season & is more aggressive this season

Sorry about the delay haha, been busy.

Definitely agree that Flynn had a good finish to the season, but by all reports Preuss is the main man. As things stand right now, he's essentially a more expensive rook, that could be locked in as first ruck. He's also dropped a bit of weight, and is having an unhampered pre-season.

The risk to me honestly feels pretty minimal, given he's only 77K more than JHF as the most expensive rook. With that said, I have a lot of cash wrapped up in expensive rooks and solid uber premiums, so my contingency will either be Draper/Reeves, or Witts - dependant on how they all shape up during pre-season.

Everything is a gamble in fantasy, haha - but given I only need Preuss to average 60 to be worth it as a rook - it's pretty low risk given his cost. If someone like Witts or Draper only averages 80/70 respectively, the risk goes up given the price differential between what their output is and the amount they look to increase by.

At this stage, he's in. But if his JS looks shaky during pre-season/his ruck time is split between Flynn/Briggs - then I'll pull the plug. At least I have Grundy at R1, so it's not completely batshit crazy :tearsofjoy:
I reckon if people are dumb enough to punt on Charlie Curnow, Preuss is worth the gamble.

I reckon if people are dumb enough to punt on Charlie Curnow, Preuss is worth the gamble.

I’m currently one of the dumb people with curnow in my team, my thought process behind that is he has better job security then w.brodie and higher scoring potential then w.rioli. Worst case scenario it’s easy to go down to a rook or sideways to one of the other 2, but probably will start brodie if named round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back