Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. He gets his scores more from general play than ruck domination (although he's only a few hitouts per gam behind Max).

His handball and mark numbers are higher than the other two. More tackles than Max and more kicks than Brodie.
Yeah that's my point though, he plays like a wingman or a flanker. Which is all well and good while the game is clean and fast, but once the slog hits and there's a lot more repeat stoppages, I think he'll see a diminishment in his scoring.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Ryder suspension comes at the right time for Marshall. He was about to be traded but gets 2 more weeks.

Sliding doors moment

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Yeah that's my point though, he plays like a wingman or a flanker. Which is all well and good while the game is clean and fast, but once the slog hits and there's a lot more repeat stoppages, I think he'll see a diminishment in his scoring.
We'll see, I guess. I reckon a few might be surprised by his output this year, irrespective of the conditions.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Annoyingly, Dixon's 75 last week was enough for me to trade Marshall to Preuss instead of Hayes. Outsmarted myself...
I think this is fine, Marshall not going to be a keeper anyway, Hayes will make some good money now and you only have to field him for one week, can possibly even loop Dixon/Hayes for the highest score

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

The alarming numbers behind $7m star’s drop off... and now there might be NINE better ruckmen​

Grundy has produced indifferent form across four games this season, averaging 17 disposals and 29.8 hitouts per game — his worst return in those areas since 2015 and 2016 respectively.

But the biggest part of his game that’s dropped off is his marking — averaging 1.8 marks per contest — the lowest return in his 10-year career.

Grundy failed to take a single mark or a lay a tackle in the Magpies’ loss to Brisbane on Thursday night as Collingwood dropped its third-straight game to fall to 2-3 on the season.

It’s meant scrutiny around the big man, who signed a reported seven-year, $7 million deal with the Magpies ahead of the 2020 season, has only intensified.

AFL greats Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes critiqued Grundy’s form on The Sunday Footy Show, with the latter stating he’s fallen from one of the top-two ruckmen in the competition down to “sixth or seventh.”

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat

The alarming numbers behind $7m star’s drop off... and now there might be NINE better ruckmen​

Grundy has produced indifferent form across four games this season, averaging 17 disposals and 29.8 hitouts per game — his worst return in those areas since 2015 and 2016 respectively.

But the biggest part of his game that’s dropped off is his marking — averaging 1.8 marks per contest — the lowest return in his 10-year career.

Grundy failed to take a single mark or a lay a tackle in the Magpies’ loss to Brisbane on Thursday night as Collingwood dropped its third-straight game to fall to 2-3 on the season.

It’s meant scrutiny around the big man, who signed a reported seven-year, $7 million deal with the Magpies ahead of the 2020 season, has only intensified.

AFL greats Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes critiqued Grundy’s form on The Sunday Footy Show, with the latter stating he’s fallen from one of the top-two ruckmen in the competition down to “sixth or seventh.”

It will be interesting to see if he cares about external criticism.

May 9, 2014
Donnybrook, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
OKC (NBA), Geelong (AFLW)

So what? NicNac hasnt marked since his MOTY award and look how much the media love his ass 😂

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1653452481065.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back