Strategy 2022 Feck the Byes, but also plan for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair has the r12 bye.
That makes life easy. Playing great footy at the moment and high DE. Doch and Crisp can only go big if they start well with high DE. Otherwise struggle to 100. Sinclair doesn't mind contested either, which is the big scorer. Do wish he would get a haircut though.

Hypothetical dilemma.....

You're holding several mid pricers that are still doing well, scoring every week, adding value.
Your plans are complete, they'll be sacrificed for the good of your squad as you navigate the byes. New premos are on their way in.
Suddenly, your mid pricers pull a blinder, over 100, easily their best score of the year. This boom promises further significant gains in value over coming weeks.

BUT YOU NEED TO SELL THEM NOW TO FULFIL YOUR PLANS.

What do you do ?

On Redmi Note 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're holding several mid pricers that are still doing well, scoring every week, adding value.
Your plans are complete, they'll be sacrificed for the good of your squad as you navigate the byes. New premos are on their way in.
Suddenly, your mid pricers pull a blinder, over 100, easily their best score of the year. This boom promises further significant gains in value over coming weeks.

What do you do ?

Drink and do the trades while drunk of coarse

Drunk Anderson Paak GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

What do you do ?

Probably get rid of the worst one first, let the other one appreciate in value a bit.

But they need to be culled as their scores on field are often unacceptable - I'm looking at you Matt Rowell and Jye Caldwell :mad:

What do you do ?

Put the upgrade off until you absolutely have to do it.
1653441916530.png
I have a rookie on field still.
I would love to sideways Rioli, Butters or Cogs.
But if I wait until I have all rookies off the field I have more weeks of scoring to make an educated decision from.
Take Rioli for example. 88 average. 5 tones. 100 this week would probably not change my view much on him being a keeper.
I still think I need to trade him. But why bother when 5/10 of his scores have been 100s anyway.
I will know more during the byes when a few more games have been played than I do right now.
Wait on them.

20, 17, 21

With a plan to boost and move De Koning, McCartin, McComb and Rosas to Parish, Sinclair, Motlop and Wehr in Round 13

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will play 2 byes hopefully Noddy will play none.
Noddy and Thompson def bench was a bit much.
+ I get an upgrade.
Risky. Hard to trust GWS. You can’t switch some pieces around for CatStephens? Another risky one but could get a run with Danger out a few weeks.

Risky. Hard to trust GWS. You can’t switch some pieces around for CatStephens? Another risky one but could get a run with Danger out a few weeks.
1653641165821.png
I went Noddy to Wehr
SDK to Sinclair.
I was going to hold off on SDK to Sinclair until after the bye but I will have Paddy to upgrade then anyways.
r13 McComb to Owens, Paddy to Zerrett

View attachment 1410065
I went Noddy to Wehr
SDK to Sinclair.
I was going to hold off on SDK to Sinclair until after the bye but I will have Paddy to upgrade then anyways.
r13 McComb to Owens, Paddy to Zerrett
Like the Zerrett pick

In terms of setting expectations for weeks ahead, what do you guys reckon a decent score for a bye would be?

Back of the napkin calcs: 18 is 80% of 22 fielded players.

So say if you've been getting 2400 for the past three rounds, 80% of that would be 1920.

It could be a little less because we're going to be reliant on players who are normally benched to make up the numbers.

So maybe par could be 75% of our most recent 3 game average?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back