Strategy 2022 Feck the Byes, but also plan for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of setting expectations for weeks ahead, what do you guys reckon a decent score for a bye would be?

Back of the napkin calcs: 18 is 80% of 22 fielded players.

So say if you've been getting 2400 for the past three rounds, 80% of that would be 1920.

It could be a little less because we're going to be reliant on players who are normally benched to make up the numbers.

So maybe par could be 75% of our most recent 3 game average?
Depends on if Oliver/Neale types go 90 or 180 in the next three, most of the round fluctations are coming from the players that everyone has

In terms of setting expectations for weeks ahead, what do you guys reckon a decent score for a bye would be?

So say if you've been getting 2400 for the past three rounds, 80% of that would be 1920.

It could be a little less because we're going to be reliant on players who are normally benched to make up the numbers.

i vaguely remember someone winning a bye round last year with 2261 (see my avatar) - which compared to other bye rounds was about average for the win. i guess check previous years threads for any further reference.

At this stage I've got 19 players for Round 12, 16 players for Round 13 and 22 players for Round 14.

I might be able to boost that Round 13 number with some trades but I'm not going to trade in players I don't really want just for the sake of it,

Right, but if we wanted to use our round 12 projected score to judge how well we've planned for the byes... somewhere around 80% would be ok, yeah?
Bye rounds are going to see big fluctuations. It's always good to average them out over the 3 rounds. If you average 1900 per round over the 3, you are doing pretty well. I'm hoping for better than that this year as a lot of us have reached full premo earlier than normal. My projected is 2025 this week and, like most, round 12 should be my worst round. Currently have 19/18/19 for the 3 rounds (barring injuries/ omissions). However, like most after round 12 i'll use 3 trades to bring in round 12 bye players to trade out players who are about to have theirs, and likewise for the following round. Hoping for 21/21 for round 13 and 14.

Bye rounds are going to see big fluctuations. It's always good to average them out over the 3 rounds. If you average 1900 per round over the 3, you are doing pretty well. I'm hoping for better than that this year as a lot of us have reached full premo earlier than normal. My projected is 2025 this week and, like most, round 12 should be my worst round. Currently have 19/18/19 for the 3 rounds (barring injuries/ omissions). However, like most after round 12 i'll use 3 trades to bring in round 12 bye players to trade out players who are about to have theirs, and likewise for the following round. Hoping for 21/21 for round 13 and 14.
Very helpful. Cheers!

If you can average close to 2000 across the 3 you’re doing very well.

Current situation pre trades this week.

Round 12- 18 (only 9 premos)

Round 13- 19 (15 premos)

Round 14- 20 (15 premos)

Round 12 easily my worst round, my cash league Opponents both have Around 14 premiums this week so I’m stuffed.

I don't have the inclination to use trades to improve my bye position so I am going in to Round 12 with 15 premos plus McCartin, Clark and possibly Khamis, if he retains his spot. Not ideal but projected north of 2050 including a doubtful Khamis for this week.

Round13 is rough with 14 premos plus MRJ and Hayes. 1900? Should I Roughy Owens back in for Round13? Will worry about that next week after I see what the mid season draft reveals. Hoping that there is another Bramble type but there is no rush to grab them.

Round 14 is fine, even now.

The reason I am so rookie poor is that I rushed to "complete" my team, plus had some unproductive " short term relationships". I am envisaging that McCartin, who can be swung Fwd/Def via Voss, plus Clark and MRJ will provide emergency cover and can pick up promising cover types when they are on their bubble.

Think my team has just about maxed out in value just shy of 14 million. Not much point in bringing in rookies for cash generation if you you don't have the trades to fully utilise them. In fact it might be better to downgrade a MRJ type to a cheap DPP so I can possibly use my premo defenders if necessary. Injured premos can always be traded to best available in one trade.

Think I've got it all planned out, we'll see what carnage the SC gods decide to throw at me though.

R12:
Durdin + Heeney > English and Butler
20 playing

R13:
SDK + McCartin + McComb + Mills > Sinclair, Docherty, Merrett, Owens
18 playing :straining:

R14: Hayes, Daicos, Stephens > Mills, 102k R/F, Rook
Lots playing & team complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently have 14 players playing in R13 which includes Preuss and Hayes.

The Office Reaction GIF
You'll be right , thats what boosts and this week is for, if that doesn't work apply Jiska's thinking - it's the average over the byes not each week that;s important.

Right, but if we wanted to use our round 12 projected score to judge how well we've planned for the byes... somewhere around 80% would be ok, yeah?
Your best bet would always be the round ranking for the week IMO

getting a 2100 isn't a big deal for the first bye if Neale, Oliver, Gawn, Dunkley get 250 and your weekly ranking is 40k

Just look at your last 3 weeks round rankings compared to next 3 I reckon

Rightio, ***k it.

Preuss and Hayes out for any shittruck rookie ruck and Hodor giving me 18 this week

McComb, Paddy Mac and SDK out for
Zerrett, Wehr and Owens next week leaving me with 19

Random bench spud out for another random bench spud then going Hobbs to the best available midfielder and my team is done.

Leaves me 9 trades in the run home after the byes for injuries and general s**t-truckery

Peace ✌🏻

Normally I'm a firm believer in the thread title, it's luckily worked out ok.

This year however, 16, 19 & 24.

Lvz89Xn.jpg

18, 19, 22. Without trades.
(If Cleary plays)

Havent traded for byes whatsoever.
That’s amazing
I’m burning 5 trades between the next two rounds. RD12 & RD13

Having two dead rookies is very restrictive: Skinner & Pedlar :mad:

20, 13, 25 is my plan! I'm purely going for leagues (ranked 4k something, no point in caring about overall) so will take the L in week 13 to (hopefully) win the other two weeks and end with the players I want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back