Strategy 2022 Feck the Byes, but also plan for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our numbers will change so much between now and the bye, especially if a bunch of rookies debut in rd9 and rd10 and do well. Obviously premo numbers will mostly be the same (unless s**t hits the fan and we cop a few LTIs), but counting the rookies is just too random

This is the only "bye planning" I'm doing:

1) I'm not bringing in any more rd12 premos between now and the byes, because my rd12 bye is hurting

2) I'm planning for a 1 down/2 up in rd13, bringing in Steele and Walsh/Zerrett/Wines/Green to finish my team

I'll have 8 forward "keepers" (hard to call them that after the crap they've been putting up lately), so my two weakest forwards will become Steele and Walsh/Zerrett/Wines/Green

Steele + Walsh + rookie =
600k + 600k + 124k = $1,324,000 (will be the maximum total price)

forward + forward + rookie =
400k + 400k + 300k = $1,100,000 (will be the minimum total price)

1324000 - 1100000 = $224,000
That's the figure I need to have in my bank going into rd13 to ensure I can facilitate those trades

So in rd11 and rd12 I'll just do 1 or 2 downgrades to build the bank up

I think Im royally screwed for the byes.

Rd12: 19 with Hollands Dixon Nod included so 16 really
Rd13: 18 again Noddy so 17
Rd14 23. Breathing room.

Trying to figure out upgrade plans for DEF now harder than expected.
Either get best avail or trade into Rd14 bye stepping stones to be moved on in those rounds. Hope they make some cash on the way.
Then gut their carcasses in a Rd14 triple upgrade.

Other option is swing for the hills and just get the premos and to the hell with it.

Or
Pick worst round say Rd12. Sideways 3 premos out then get them straight back Rd13. Cost 6 trades.

One of these tactics may work.
Or just not worry about it then panic.

I think Im royally screwed for the byes.

Rd12: 19 with Hollands Dixon Nod included so 16 really
Rd13: 18 again Noddy so 17
Rd14 23. Breathing room.

Trying to figure out upgrade plans for DEF now harder than expected.
Either get best avail or trade into Rd14 bye stepping stones to be moved on in those rounds. Hope they make some cash on the way.
Then gut their carcasses in a Rd14 triple upgrade.

Other option is swing for the hills and just get the premos and to the hell with it.

Or
Pick worst round say Rd12. Sideways 3 premos out then get them straight back Rd13. Cost 6 trades.

One of these tactics may work.
Or just not worry about it then panic.

You only need 18 scoring players during the bye rounds:thumbsu:

That would mean I need 18 players playing. Ergo my point.

Edited addition: making a plan in all this chaos is a lesson in risk management and mitigation.
And any plan is better than none at all.
Yep, i figure it's better to plan for success than condemn yourself to failure by not doing so, if I stuff up at least I had a go.

Is it best 18 again? I should probably know this...

18, 16, 21 for me

Basically need to trade McCartin and SDK for their bye to have a full team.
Other annoying aspect is having both Preuss and Hayes with a looming R12 donut if Hayes is still generating cash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I’ve tried to actually plan for the byes, what are your thoughts on this strategy?

If you're splitting hairs between 2 players and that's the deciding factor, great. If you're sacrificing selections that could stand you in better stead for the remainder of the year for an extra few points over a rookie in a bye round, then i'd be questioning it.

My premos are Rd12:15, Rd13:13, Rd14:14

Round 13 is diabolical for me with no current rookies, presuming I have traded Hayes by then.

Problem is I'm having a good year and have 8 premo mids(well Titch?), will complete my defence next week and only have gardening in the rucks (Preuss R2 and possibly a keeper) and forwards (Butters and Cameron F5 and F6). Trades will be like gold for me so I might be better off fielding 14 or 15.

At this stage I'm chasing highest overall finish. Do top 1,000 still get socks? Even in Leagues I'm better off conserving trades for maybe 100 points gain. .

I have fixed my bye structure with my trades planned unti round 14. Traded in Hamilton after his first price rise as he shows promise with consistent scoring, plus injuries to Callahan, Stone enhance his JS. If I started with Hamilton I wouldn't have bothered with MRJ. Lol.

Round 12: 15 premos plus Khamis, McCartin and Clark
Round 13: 14 premos plus MRJ, Hamilton and Hayes
Round 14: 14 or 15 premos plus McCartin, Khamis, MRJ, Hamilton and Clark

Also Round 14 I will have the option of downgrading Hayes to upgrade my forwards if needed as Doggies are available.

Have a quandary about the round 13, in that my preferred candidates for final defender both have that bye. Stewart, Sinclair. Picking one of those would reduce my round 13 keepers to 13 plus MRJ and Hayes. Should be able to pick up a one decent rookie, but still not great.

If only I had kept Cogs, not Martin I might have kept him till round 14. However I needed his cash to grab my preferred upgrade , Jelly Having committed to an early team completion I have to keep going.

Have a quandary about the round 13, in that my preferred candidates for final defender both have that bye. Stewart, Sinclair. Picking one of those would reduce my round 13 keepers to 13 plus MRJ and Hayes. Should be able to pick up a one decent rookie, but still not great.

If only I had kept Cogs, not Martin I might have kept him till round 14. However I needed his cash to grab my preferred upgrade , Jelly Having committed to an early team completion I have to keep going.
Sinclair has the r12 bye.

Jump Dogs GIF
Excited Lets Go GIF
sex appeal flirting GIF

Every Kent jumping on Bont \Baz or both ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back