DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Bob Katter is probably father of the house now. He would be ideal as he probably wouldn't support the incoming government as much as the others.

I signed the petititon for the LULZ. I can just picture it now:

"No Bob, you can't ramble about the crocs."

"No Bob, you can't ramble about that time you walked from Mareeba to Mount Isa."

"No Bob, you can't ramble about the gays."

"No Bob, stop talking s**t Bob."

Exactly. It was that you gave it legs that caused me to ask. My apology.

dude it was a joke you muppet. you think a petition by anyone in the country will decide the speaker - with a meme of Will Katter slapping Chris Croc?

you are cooked

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
every electorate is recounted - its just not publicised because its only tweeks in numbers that make SFA difference to the final result

the recounts for the close ones are prioritized, and are covered by the media
They are not called recounts, they just get checked to make sure the ballots allocated equal the ballots received, all the primary vote piles by party get checked for correct numbers.
A recount is when they start over again and check each ballot for legitamacy and correct party.
I've worked at many elections.

1) preferences have not been effected yet, and wont be until the primary count is concluded (because of the close numbers). Until the preferences are washed through, we wont know who is 2nd and 3rd (thanks to nutburger and AJP preferences)

2) recounts happen for every electorate. this isnt the usa where we do them by exception, we double check everything because we want to make sure the manual count is accurate
Do we have reps from each party watching the count or do we trust the process. I thought that was the most bizarre thing in the US when it was mentioned

mill204

Better off said.
Feb 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The AEC calls a Labor majority with seats still to be finalised. 77 fingers crossed.

XBof5X.md.jpg

XBzaix.md.jpg

The AEC calls a Labor majority with seats still to be finalised. 77 fingers crossed.

XBof5X.md.jpg

XBzaix.md.jpg

The AEC hasn't "called" anything.

It's just indicating that Labor currently has the lead in 77 electorates.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
So many 'Godly' folk putting known racists and arseholes ahead of well-meaning (even if you think misguided) people. I checked the how-to-vote card for the Australian Christians in my seat and they had the Animal Justice Party last. I mean, even if you think some of their policy positions aren't practical, are people who care about animals really the worst candidate possible? Australian Christians are pretty ******* evil and far from Godly.
Being raised catholic and luckily for them god, heaven and hell don't exist because a lot of them wouldn't be going were they were expecting to go.

Don't think it will happen will almost certainly be a Labor member as that is the convention but it probably would appeal to Katter's love of theatrics much like it did to Slipper, not sure he'll partake in the pomp and ceremony as much as Slipper did though.

This would turn Australia into a global joke. No way it happens.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
It’ll be something like climate action mandate =76 ALP + 3grn + 8 ‘teal’ total 87 handy majority which may overcome any tardiness in the senate by threatened joint sitting, which was where Rudd got brought down but I think he thought the libs would come to the table

Will the greens/teals support the ALP policy or do the ALP reject what they took to the election in favour of the greens/teal policy.
What does that involve in terms of those who voted for the ALP & not the Greens or the teals? Who lose what?

Apr 3, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How many years of Labor deficits and growing debt will you blame on the Liberals? At what point can we judge Labor based on their policies? Do we get to excuse the debt build up for that many years of the Liberals?

BTW: the cost of repaying the debt currently is very similar to the cost of paying the debt when it was less than 30% of the current amount.

Want to guess why?

No facts to back up your first questions. Just effing LOL. Deflecting without actually responding to any of the facts presented. It's a common conservative tactic, to accuse your opponents of the very thing you're guilty of, without basis.

And yes, interest rates are lower. But did you forget what happens next? They go up. And up. And up. And up.

But the way the debt has been used by the Lib wreckers has not been productive. And we still have to pay it back.

Where is the infrastructure? The improvements to health and education? The investment in the future, whether in education, health or renewable energy? Crickets.

We gave the banks hundreds of billions for next to nothing, to lend to small business. They issued more home loans instead. And the Reserve Bank decided they'd buy the banks' bonds. (Our money, lent back to us, at great expense.)

Instead we got wasteful and corrupt open-ended defence contracts. We bought billions of dollars worth of invisible submarines. (Perfect for the invisible-in-a-crisis PM.)

We got tens of billions paid to companies who sacked their workers, and continued to increase their profits during the pandemic. The only country who failed to put any checks in place, despite the warnings, and failed to implement a scheme for repayment.

We got a public service which has been gutted, stripped of experience and costs more to run due to a reliance on external consultants. These consultants cost nearly a billion last year, and rising.

We got an embarrassingly sub-par version of the NBN which has already exceeded the total forecast cost of the proper fibre NBN. $62 billion and counting. And we pay Telstra $1B a year to maintain the copper which Telstra themselves said should have been ripped out of the ground. We're going to have to redo 70% of the NBN, costing many tens of billions more.

We paid Liberal ministers and their cronies tens of millions for invisible water.

We paid private schools tens of millions as their profits increased. While public school funding was cut.

The Libs sold the Port of Darwin to the Chinese. A port of strategic national interest. Sold to the effing Chinese. All while Potato and his bigot mates are beating the drums of war. And then promised billions to build a brand new port. WTF.

And to top it all off, the tens-of-billions cost of subsidies and rorts for coal mines and gas extraction has gone through the roof. We paid billions for carbon capture and storage facilities which Do. Not. Effing. Work. And never will.

All while strip-mining ongoing tax revenue to the tune of $20B a year so a tiny few can line their pockets.

I'm sure Labor will do all of those things too, right? Both sides right? The same amiright?

It is definitely already Labor's fault.

I can only hope all the Australians who have overpaid for their homes at crazy low interest rates are still in a position to pay their mortgages as interest inevitably goes up and their wages stagnate.

It's their view of the likely outcome. They don't speculate.

No-- it's a literal, these are the numbers & with the numbers these parties are currently ahead at this stage of the vote count.

It's not the most "likely" outcome or have they made any assumptions about how any of the seats will eventually be called.

mill204

Better off said.
Feb 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No-- it's a literal, these are the numbers & with the numbers these parties are currently ahead at this stage of the vote count.

It's not the most "likely" outcome or have they made any assumptions about how any of the seats will eventually be called.
Wrong!

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Considering the gross debt is tipped to exceed $1,134 billion by mid 2024 based on the most recent Budget review, if the ALP enacted legislation today to begin turning things around how long do you think it would take?

The first step is to stop spending more than you earn & only then can you think about paying down debt. Its easy to claim it'll be next year or the year after that.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
1 trillion ÷ 27 million people ÷ 10 years

all pay $3.5k a year extra in taxes

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe the top bracket could pay an extra $9k for a few years so those who don't have enough to turn the lights on don't have to?

mill204

Better off said.
Feb 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How am I wrong?

You're claiming that the AEC is calling a Labor majority, which the website is NOT doing.
I clarified that in my post following your comment. The AEC doesn't speculate. They have expressed a view based on the count. Seats they consider too close to express a view on they have left as such.

I clarified that in my post following your comment. The AEC doesn't speculate. They have expressed a view based on the count. Seats they consider too close to express a view on they have left as such.

You're right that the AEC don't speculate.

The screenshot you've shared simply shows which seats Labor is currently leading in & nothing more.

You're embarrassing yourself by saying that they've "called" a Labor majority when anyone at the AEC will tell you that you're wrong.

Back