2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

Doesn't matter what you call them, you can't charge them for YOUR CHOICE to detain...the debt would be wholly unenforceable.

Yes. I am giving them a pass for the wholly unenforceable tough talk.

I've read all of your criticism of the ALP. Most of it is shrill.
I am cheering hard for Albo to win. I might even take a trip down to Canberra during the week to get some fireworks to celebrate.
You seem to be cheering hard for Scummo to win....for no reason other than "they're both the same". I know a s**t tonne of Greens supporters & never have I met a Greens supporter who would want Scummo to win even if "they're both the same".

FYI, both Clive Palmer & Pauline Hanson say "they're both the same".
Can we call you Clive? Or Pauline?

Is it Gralin or Grauline?
How your take on his comments is “you are cheering for Scomo” eludes me. It’s crazy stuff.

If you think a simple gotcha question is more important, then I'd suggest that's a reflection on values. Both yours & the Mud-doch gutter press.

It's simple basic knowledge, if a PM or a PM-elect can't recall the basic stats at the drop of a hat, how the hell are they going to be up for the task of deciding whether we go into war with America vs other countries ?

Wow, the iron ore price went into the stratosphere.

I mean everything they want to do is just rubber stamped because there is no one to vote it down. Every inane thought bubble.

The bloke is a megalomaniac.

They're starting to turn on him over there but they still have just under 3 years to the next state election and will probably give him at least another 4 because there is no longer any meaningful opposition.

Be careful what you wish for, it's not a good thing. The people of WA are starting to wake up to this no.

12 months ago it was, 'oh, save us state daddy, please', now it's fu** off.
Do u actually live in Herne Hill, WA?

Urgh.

Anyway - quick question about how people like to vote for the senate - since the tweak to the approach on voting above the line to be at least 6 preferences.

I historically have been a below the line voter, working it out beforehand and taking in a cheat sheet with me to the polls.

But now you can number all the boxes above the line to shutout "deals", how many people do that now instead of below the line?

(Sorry - not urgh-ing at the post directly above. The one that was most recent when I started typing 🤣 )

Just watching insiders getting genuine views and an older lady said she liked albo didn’t like shorten cos he’d swanned in on a private jet to Beaconsfield to get all the glory

We all percieve things differently it seems, and voters may latch onto one thing and never let it go. I probably do. For me it was closing the border for almost 2 years for ordinary people while all sorts of connected people swanned in and out.

North Korea policy with absolutely no accountability how it was administered. My view of my adopted home is coloured forever

Last edited:
It's simple basic knowledge, if a PM or a PM-elect can't recall the basic stats at the drop of a hat, how the hell are they going to be up for the task of deciding whether we go into war with America vs other countries ?

Ask the beurocracy not their wife? And then we have Dutton who seemingly can’t wait for the hat to drop

Pre-polls are counted on election night, but postals are counted on the Monday, is that right?

Yes

Urgh.

Anyway - quick question about how people like to vote for the senate - since the tweak to the approach on voting above the line to be at least 6 preferences.

I historically have been a below the line voter, working it out beforehand and taking in a cheat sheet with me to the polls.

But now you can number all the boxes above the line to shutout "deals", how many people do that now instead of below the line?

(Sorry - not urgh-ing at the post directly above. The one that was most recent when I started typing 🤣 )

Unless you want to tinker with the party's ordering of candidates, there's no real point. I might do it just for the satisfaction of putting Sports Rorts McKenzie last.

All these issues come back to stamp duty… which state governments aren’t giving up anytime soon

And children screw up all these schemes by getting married

states have no option. property taxes and gambling taxes are the only decent revenue sources of their own that most states have (the feds have their balls with the GST and tied grants)

we are in dire need of major revamps of our tax arrangements and their balance, and the whole issue of feds owning the money but states being responsible for delivery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes

Unless you want to tinker with the party's ordering of candidates, there's no real point. I might do it just for the satisfaction of putting Sports Rorts McKenzie last.
Given we're all nerdy enough to post in a politics sub forum on a footy website I'm guessing most who tread these boards are below the line chaps and chapettes.

yet you have no issue with a pm needing his wife to tell him "rape is bad"?

Pre-polls are counted on election night, but postals are counted on the Monday, is that right?

thats what happens with the VEC, i cannot remember if its the same for the AEC (I think it is, but i know the various commissions have a few quirky differences)

I'm excited to see what the next generation politicians bring to the table. We long for a new Paul Keating - sense of humour AND knows how to do the business.
For every Touke there are three Morrisons and Dastyaris.

Some of these female Teal Independant candidates are head and shoulders above males ‘winning’ pre-selections. A savvy LNP would have head hunted them.

Last edited:
For every Touke there are three Morrison’s.

Some of these female Teal Independant candidates are head and shoulders above males ‘winning’ pre-selections. Surely a savvy LNP should have head hunted them.
If the rout eventuates inshallah the lack of talent in the Liberal Party is going to be brutally exposed.

So funny… but do these people think Andrews is unpopular? And just watch blue ribbon ‘owned’ seats now occupied by labor state MPs like hawthorn swing back to to ‘teal independents’ in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back