2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

They’re still buying them. Boomers still talk about what was in the paper and “on the news last night”. While Murdoch is losing small amounts, tax deductible. People are still buying them and it’s boomers. I haven’t and most people under the age of 50 wouldn’t even consider buying one but they do actually sell and it’s boomers buying it. As for ratings your boomers still watch the news. ratings aren’t what they used to be but that’s because the uptake from younger generations is almost non existent.
It's not just about buying papers or evening news ratings either.

Most non boomers get their news on their socials. All their articles, links, etc? Mainstream media.

Most of the 'Do your own research' crowd just spout off Sky/Fox news talking points, which is a mainstream media outlet.
Despite them saying they never watch mainstream media.

They just don't watch it on TV or read it in hardcopy print, but they still watch and consume all the stuff the boomers do on their smartphones or tablets.

That is dire.

Why are they attacking Labor about their primary vote?
Quite obviously because the Liberals don’t seek to govern alone

The various parties of the Coalition seek to represent Australians collectively, not individually - so their collective primary vote is what is important

If the Liberals ever seek to claim a national mandate in their own right (as the ALP does), their own national primary vote will become relevant

Except they arent buying either. Look at the sales / ratings. Murdoch loses money on his papers but keeps them running because he thinks himself a newspaper man first, then a media magnate second.
No he likes that they boomer radio consults the newspapers for their talking points. The talking heads shows show "tomorrow's front page" segments. Newspapers have a fair hand in directing the national conversation.

Is she?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Smile GIF

No he likes that they boomer radio consults the newspapers for their talking points. The talking heads shows show "tomorrow's front page" segments. Newspapers have a fair hand in directing the national conversation.

They certainly get you lot up in arms. Im sure you spend more time devouring News Corp content than people who actually like News Corp content.

I think it's time the Labor party and people in general start ignoring Sky News and treating it as you said. Let the dwindling crazies that watch it continue to do so and over time it will die a natural death. I think this election showed the trend of Australia as a whole. There are a lot of media personalities who want to see us go the way of the US but Australians are much smarter and seem to be pulling in the other direction.

Start by revoking Sky's ability to broadcast free to air in regional and remote areas.

LNP is a the denial stage of the grief cycle, still a bit to go before acceptance.

Agree, the Greens will likely increase their power which will burgle the ALP primary that should be their concern. Teals may still migrate back to the LNP but maybe not for another cycle yet. Here in Tassie, Clark will turn green with the right candidate and when Wilkie retires (which I expect at the next election).
I was born in Tassie, grew up there and left in my 30’s and I could still never get my head around a lot of people voting Liberal when they never represented them at all.
It's not just about buying papers or evening news ratings either.

Most non boomers get their news on their socials. All their articles, links, etc? Mainstream media.

Most of the 'Do your own research' crowd just spout off Sky/Fox news talking points, which is a mainstream media outlet.
Despite them saying they never watch mainstream media.

They just don't watch it on TV or read it in hardcopy print, but they still watch and consume all the stuff the boomers do on their smartphones or tablets.
I agree. The difference is most non boomers will stop reading or watching anything on SM if they don’t like it. A fair few Boomers will watch or read it even if they can see it’s garbage. eventually anyone sees things enough a fair few start to agree with it.

I’m not at all disappointed about this complete lack of self awareness. It’s what got the Liberals in this mess and if they can’t learn they’ll become less and less relevant. Jane Hume for deputy opposition leader for me.

I wonder which unelectable far right happy clapper they'll pick to take her seat ;)
The NSW Rejects will be falling over themselves.

Zimmerman is mates with what's left of the NSW Libs, so maybe he's the front-runner for any vacant Senate seat?

Where would Payne go?

How has the election affected the % of women in Liberal seats?

In the lower house:

They lost Liu, Fiona Martin, Celia Hammond, Katie Allen, Lucy Wicks.

Left with:
Archer, Ley, Marino, McIntosh, Price. (Plus Ware in Hughes and McKenzie in Flinders)

So that's half their female MPs gone.

So they drop to <20% female representation in the House (closer to 10% in the wash-up?).

Lucky they don't have quotas. Their benches obviously chock-full of merit.

(I just counted - including all of the coalition, it's 10 out of 55 seats, 18%).

Compare that to the Independents who are something like 70% female and took most of the LNP seats from them.

Looks like the electorate's judgement of merit and the LNP's judgement of merit are very different.

Last edited:

I’m not at all disappointed about this complete lack of self awareness. It’s what got the Liberals in this mess and if they can’t learn they’ll become less and less relevant. Jane Hume for deputy opposition leader for me.

the simpsons adult GIF

This here epitomises what’s wrong with the Liberals. It’s pretty much because of the religious infiltration. Religious people always believe they’re right and it’s the others that are wrong. Never considering they may be out or touch. With the takeover complete they’re consigned to at best minority government one day… at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This here epitomises what’s wrong with the Liberals. It’s pretty much because of the religious infiltration. Religious people always believe they’re right and it’s the others that are wrong. Never considering they may be out or touch. With the takeover complete they’re consigned to at best minority government one day… at best.
Yep where as when it happens to Labor instead of doubling down like the modern Liberal Party do instead they suffer a crisis of conscience and go too far trying to correct.

Well this is a bit awkward for pisshead Joyce

this is the roadmap for Vic ALP

Vic Libs are already saying the federal lessons dont apply in victoria because they are more moderate and support carbon reduction targets

i'd be doing the same as the feds did - they talk emissions reductions now, but can you believe the same party which has Barnaby Joyce wanting them eliminated? Can you believe the same party on LGBTQI+ rights when they laud Deves? Can you believe the same party who thinks an icac should apply to anyone except politicians?

Nationals MP Darren Chester blasted the Victorian Liberal party on Facebook, describing them as an “election losing machine”.

The member for Gippsland, who retained his regional Victorian seat with a 4.5% swing toward him, said the Coalition had been in opposition for 19 of 23 years at a state level.

Nationals MP Darren Chester blasted the Victorian Liberal party on Facebook, describing them as an “election losing machine”.

The member for Gippsland, who retained his regional Victorian seat with a 4.5% swing toward him, said the Coalition had been in opposition for 19 of 23 years at a state level.

I posted this previously, but I wonder how well funded the Vic Libs will be for November. The Frydo and Wilson defenses spent millions each for no win, and a lot of their traditional moderate volunteers went teal or sat on their hands in response to the messages out of canberra

Guy needs to get these people believing again, and for the top end of town to believe enough to open up their wallets and purses

rotten rupe has no interest in real journalism. there’s money 2 b made from throwing out sucker bait 2 the credulous, the racists, the nationalists, the uneducated, & those who r just plain dense. it’s a sad state of affairs but trumpists r 2 b seen everywhere in oz.

t h i s

Vic Libs are going to get crushed in November no matter what, they may as well save their pennies

nonsense - last election was a freak result. the tide will turn make to make the parliament more balanced as traditional libs return home

*and as said before, any teals will target blue seats held by the alp like hawthorn

I'm old enough to remember when the Costello media was saying the ALP were running a small-target campaign with very few policies and moaning about not enough cash splashes to report (one week ago). Now, all of a sudden, they've promised a lot!?!?!

View attachment 1407818
Alan Tudge was running this bullshit yesterday on ABC Drive. The coordination is so transparent and predictable.

Start with the integrity Commission and you wipe half of Labor's future problems out. including Tudge.

And on Tudge, Rachelle Miller has given consent to release the confidential settlement. Do it Albo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back