Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Morrison has been copping it from everywhere this year.

His trustworthiness. The vaccine rollout. Favouring NSW during Covid. The subs deal and France. The Brittany Higgins allegations.

People seem fed up with him.

Not many seats would have to change to ALP for them to win government. You’d think the Coalition would be pretty worried about seats in WA and Victoria.

On the other hand, Morrison won in 2019 when everyone was predicting an ALP Victory.

The ALP on the other hand.

Is Albanese popular enough to win? Shorten’s unpopularity was a big factor in 2019 and Albanese could face a similar problem.

Can he get through just on Morrison’s unpopularity?

Labor also promoted some new policies last time that people backed away from.

Should their strategy this time be small target?

This is about the first election since 2010 that seems a genuine 50/50.

I’m beginning to lean towards a slim Labor victory.

What does everyone else think?

My money is on scomo for three reasons:

1) history shows it's easier to vote against your long term preferences in a poll than at the ballot box.

I expect none of Higgins, Kooyong, Flinders, and Goldstein to drop (although I'm hopeful)

2) we will have the mother of all pork barrel and tax cut fiestas.

3) we will be on a war footing with china. The rhetoric will only continue to be ramped up, and this will get the nationalists and racists fired up.

Combine this with UAP being the anti vax party...

If the LNP keeps up its current crap, ALP will have a 5 to 10 seat majority with Greens holding the balance in the senate.

If the LNP gets some discipline then an ALP minority govt sptd by centre/centre left independents. Right leaning independents to hold balance in the senate given LNP is defending less than the left in the upper house.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The next federal election could go right down to the wire. I reckon it could be a hung parliament result with the crossbenchers likely to have the final say on who could form government. And it could have major implications on the Victorian state election this time next year too.

Ask again once the election is called. MSM coverage in the week following will give us a fair idea.

I've heard murmurs that NewsCorp may be open to an ALP majority.

At this point, I'm going with the Coalition in a minority government, perhaps only needing Bob Katter to fall in line like I know he will. Morrison is an effective (lying) campaigner, I don't see the media giving Labor a fair run, and I don't see enough people taking the 'risk' of a federal government change in an uncertain time. I can smell Australia being dudded into making the wrong choice again.

Which seats will ultimately decide who gets to govern Australia for another 3 years, in light of the Coronavirus pandemic and the worsening relations with China?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Antony Green's touchscreen will get the better of him on election night again. It's undefeated.
ABC's election night coverage,while it's OK, is nowhere near as good as CNN, with the way they do the US presidential election. Would love to see them cover a Australian federal election.

There is too much and too easy things to attack Scomo with, meaning Labor won't have to discuss policies.

This will end up like the Rudd Howard election where the electorate just want change
I notice you've given up criticising the national debt and predicting we'll become the next Greece, am I to assume that sort of thing will start concerning you again when the ALP are doing it?

There is too much and too easy things to attack Scomo with, meaning Labor won't have to discuss policies.

This will end up like the Rudd Howard election where the electorate just want change
The electorate just doesn’t want change for change sake as your trying dress it up as. The electorate know the LNP under Scumo has been as useless as **** on a bull. They’ll kick the LNP out on their ass like they deserve not because of change sake but because the want to * off this hopeless government.

It will be interesting to see how the Libs handle opposition. Tony Abbott was elected on the back of Howard's time in the job, campaigning savagely on debt and waste but they won't be able to do that this time. If it comes down to a genuine contest of ideas if there was any justice the world they'd be condemned to a generation of opposition while Labor clean up the catastrophe of the last eight years that they've been left.

I notice you've given up criticising the national debt and predicting we'll become the next Greece, am I to assume that sort of thing will start concerning you again when the ALP are doing it?

oh dear Gough, why are you always so far off the mark?

My position on the national debt has remained consistent and my concerns realised, with a class system emerging in Australia.

We now have a scenario where there are those with assets like property and those that don't.

We also have a class system by age where the wealthy and established have had there asset values looked after and those that will pay off the debt being the youth and the unborn.

Sadly we don't have a government that is bold like the hawke/ howard and keating period who are prepared to:
1) impose a wealth tax on real estate property
2) increase GST to be inline with nations like norway, sweden etc
3) to pay down the debt and live within our means

The result of this, is great for me as I can get a university qualified barista and cheap labour to wipe my arse in my final years. But I'm not sure that is what I actually wanted for Australian youth but it is what the electorate wanted.

My position on the national debt has remained consistent and my concerns realised, with a class system emerging in Australia.

We now have a scenario where there are those with assets like property and those that don't.

We also have a class system by age where the wealthy and established have had there asset values looked after and those that will pay off the debt being the youth and the unborn.

Sadly we don't have a government that is bold like the hawke/ howard and keating period who are prepared to:

The result of this, is great for me as I can get a university qualified barista and cheap labour to wipe my arse in my final years. But I'm not sure that is what I actually wanted for Australian youth but it is what the electorate wanted.
Anybody who's spent any time on this board will be well aware of your lies and double standards and yet you still expect to be taken in good faith. It's quite remarkable considering the absolute prosaic nature of almost everything you post.

😂😂😂😂you’ll be paying through the nose for substandard care as the government try’s to pay off debt. House sold, assets gone. It won’t be the aged care system you see now. No chance. You younger boomers are in for one hell of a shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back