2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

So glad Morrison is gone.

I was in disbelief in 2019 when Australians got conned by this hack who had no desirable traits you want in a Prime Minister.

I always thought he was genuinely dangerous to the country and unfortunately it proved true when Covid came along.

Amazing that he’s lost the election really though considering Covid did come along. It was the ultimate golden ticket for him and the Libs to assert their power further. They really only had to do the typical leader things in speeches, follow what the rest of the world was doing and show a basic level of organisation and heaps of people would have been singing their praises. The fact they couldn’t even manage this sums up how pathetic and out of his depth Morrison was.

Covid wasn’t the only reason they lost obviously but their handling was a massive own goal that definitely turned people who probably would have voted for them away.

Just so glad I don’t have to see the patronising dickhead on TV anymore.

Hopefully Albanese can provide some much needed leadership.

Hope Andrew has his CV up to date. That sort of rational thinking has no place on Sky News.

Watching the freaks on Sky and other assorted Murdoch blame this on "left biased media", "teachers poisoning kids minds", "media driven women scandals" and so on is not only really really reeeeaaaally delicious salt, it has the added bonus of them not addressing the actual reasons why they lost.
Quote: ".....not addressing the actual reasons why they lost."

Now that is the question. However I think for a lot of them I think the answer is "Don't go there".

That is basically where they were until later in the Howard era with workchoices. Since then they have tried to go further right, and got 9 years power to ALP 6 (soon to be 9), so you could say its worked, kind of?

I think they have lurched too close to the sun this time with their embracing RWNJ's, its basically wiped them out of metro areas country wide and created a vacuum the teal candidates have filled.
Hawke and Keating took the centre ground from the libs forcing them ever further right,

What they ended up as was both inevitable and odious, and nothing like their 'Menzian' ideals.

There are a lot of 18-22 first or second time voters in my workplace and all of them had the same three issues

Climate change
How the fruit am I gonna buy a house
Medicare and healthcare
ce357ffbfaaff50c3b1dae5d7d75077b

Genuine question. Is a 10% swing against the LNP bad for WA?

In WA there is no LNP.

The party formerly known as Libs, are a minority party. We hear their murmurings every so often.

The Nats are another kettle of fish, never really loved the Libs, and now have the upper hand over them.

The Libs members roll around in a Tarago.

When did that happen?

Ok, poor.

Doubtful. You post like a poor person. Did you pay those 100k in taxes over 50 years?

Spoken like a poor person. Typical. Did you vote greens?

Real rich people don't pay taxes at all, so your $400k gloat is very very strange.

I meant in terms of making them tax deductable.

If you tax profits, it makes sense to treat losses in the same way.
For most investors, a loss on the disposal of an investment is incurred on capital account - which can be offset against any gains on capital account. It cannot be deducted against earnings on revenue account - as the tax treatment of capital gains and ordinary income is different.

If you are in the business of share trading, losses on disposal of shares are incurred on revenue account - and can be deducted against ordinary income.

'In that vein, the brutal and relentless savaging of independent candidates by News Corp was telling. The attacks knew few boundaries.

“The most destructive, harmful and dangerous vote anyone can make in the forthcoming election is for a teal independent or the Greens,” wrote the Australian’s Greg Sheridan on 3 May. “They are both a direct threat to our national security.”

'In that vein, the brutal and relentless savaging of independent candidates by News Corp was telling. The attacks knew few boundaries.

“The most destructive, harmful and dangerous vote anyone can make in the forthcoming election is for a teal independent or the Greens,” wrote the Australian’s Greg Sheridan on 3 May. “They are both a direct threat to our national security.”

The next three years are going to be an absolute onslaught from the grubs at sky, HS and DT.

Hope we are all prepared to cop it and give it back with interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very interesting concept. I suspect there'd be some practicalities making it difficult, such as the difference in GST paid on stock at end of one year and the GST received by customers, need to change pricing, etc (not to mention the States saying absolutely no way) but it did pop into my mind when I wrote it that it could be an interesting lever to pull. And surely tech has advanced enough that it's easy enough to change prices etc.
Plenty of things change price this way.... Petrol... Electricity... It is just a change in mindset.

The giveaway is how much tax he/she claims to pay.
Must have the worst accountant on the face of the earth.
Must be the highest PAYE taxpayer in the country.....ROFL
Not necessarily could be made big profit selling assets (1-2 million) and the 400k is tax on the profit. So not regular income

Does anyone have an update on whether Labor will get to 76? Latest I heard was it was likely 77 with as high as 79 possible.
All I can see is 75.
ABC has ALP on 72.

ALP should get Bennelong, Lyon, McNamara and Richmond. That gives them 76.

They are currently leading in Deakin, but postal votes will probably get the LNP over the line.

ALP and Greens are basically tied for 2nd place in Brisbane. Whoever finishes 2nd will take the seat. The result will only be known after a full preference count.

I'm just going to guess and say the reasons the Greens have suddenly bolted from one to perhaps four lower house seats are climate change (especially since the REPEATED floods were quite recent) and the plan to tax the rich to put dental in Medicare. This would be combined with Labor's small target strategy (which, as we can see, has at least gotten Labor into office).

This is truly glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back