Game Day 2022 Federal Election!

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gilmore called for Labor and Deakin for Liberal.
That takes Labor to an outright majority of 76 and Macnamara is still yet to be called (likely Labor but <100 votes in it). Macnamara is all about whether Labor or Greens finish second in a 3 way race with Liberal. Liberal will end up in position 1 in the 3 way BUT whoever finishes second wins the seat with preferences from third.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gilmore called for Labor and Deakin for Liberal.
That takes Labor to an outright majority of 76 and Macnamara is still yet to be called (likely Labor but <100 votes in it). Macnamara is all about whether Labor or Greens finish second in a 3 way race with Liberal. Liberal will end up in position 1 in the 3 way BUT whoever finishes second wins the seat with preferences from third.
I'm a Labor voter but not gonna lie, I'm kinda disappointed they got the majority. I wanted the Greens/Independents to have a bit more power to get certain policies through. I'm still so paranoid that the ICAC will get watered down if Labor have full control. There's always the Senate I guess

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I'm a Labor voter but not gonna lie, I'm kinda disappointed they got the majority. I wanted the Greens/Independents to have a bit more power to get certain policies t....
Ah, one of Dogwatch's mob. The House is for debate and ideas, let the Greens and Independents have their say there. The ALP has been elected to govern, they told us what they propose, let them get on with it without being held to ransom by those who bear no responsibility for their policies.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I'm a Labor voter but not gonna lie, I'm kinda disappointed they got the majority. I wanted the Greens/Independents to have a bit more power to get certain policies through. I'm still so paranoid that the ICAC will get watered down if Labor have full control. There's always the Senate I guess

I also worry about ICAC. There's good reason to not want to establish a commission with the primary purpose of having yourself investigated. I wouldn't want that. But as a country, we really need it. Even if the previous government weren't highly corrupt (which I doubt), the perception of corruption is, in a way, just as damaging to the country.

1653890677462.png

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I also worry about ICAC. There's good reason to not want to establish a commission with the primary purpose of having yourself investigated. I wouldn't want that. But as a country, we really need it. Even if the previous government weren't highly corrupt (which I doubt), the perception of corruption is, in a way, just as damaging to the country.
I'm sure we'll see great support on an ICAC from the new leader Dutton. After all, he is a firm believer in "you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide". He couldn't possibly be a massive hypocrite

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ah, one of Dogwatch's mob. The House is for debate and ideas, let the Greens and Independents have their say there. The ALP has been elected to govern, they told us what they propose, let them get on with it without being held to ransom by those who bear no responsibility for their policies.
Not sure if serious here DM. Can't think of the last government we've had that didn't break election promises almost immediately. I don't trust either of the majors to keep their promises without some accountability. Labor promised a proper ICAC - I now want them to follow through with it

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Not sure if serious here DM. Can't think of the last government we've had that didn't break election promises almost immediately. I don't trust either of the majors to keep their promises without some accountability. Labor promised a proper ICAC - I now want them to follow through with it
Absolutely serious. Hold them to their word, if they don't deliver, vote them out. Independents and minor parties provide an excuse for not delivering, "we would have increased the pension but we had to accommodate the Citizens Party Demands to get funding for the new bridge.".

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Senate the have to get support from the Greens anyway. So, they still must negotiate on all legislation. There are no Teals in the Senate, so they need Green support anyway.
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the ACT elected an independent senator at this election who was supported by Climate 200.

Back