Game Day 2022 Federal Election!

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said. 99% leftie circle jerk this thread.

Fortunately not representative of the average bulldog supporter.
Given Greens are left wing, ALP centrist and NLP right wing. There's a lot more centrist than left wing. Whether they lean slightly left or slightly right is largely trivial.

Are you referring to Ken Wyatt? He is indigenous.
It was always a tough gig for him to represent the Liberal / National Party that wasn't terribly sympathetic to indigenous issues.
He did probably better than I ever expected.

I'm hoping we'll have a Voice to Parliament within a year.

Given Greens are left wing, ALP centrist and NLP right wing. There's a lot more centrist than left wing. Whether they lean slightly left or slightly right is largely trivial.

What IF you are Teal? Don’t want Labor but can’t tolerate LNP inaction?

The political spectrum is broken, we need to acknowledge that there are other ways of looking at things.

A lot of the big issues - like climate change and corruption in government - don't sit neatly on the traditional left-right continuum and we risk confusing ourselves if we portray the whole campaign and the debates on big issues in those one-dimensional terms.

The political spectrum is broken, we need to acknowledge that there are other ways of looking at things.
Snap!

Good to see Kristine Kineally not be elected. She should never have been parachuted into her seat against the wishes of the local party division.
I think she is a hugely competent person BUT you need to listen to your local voices.

A lot of the big issues - like climate change and corruption in government - don't sit neatly on the traditional left-right continuum and we risk confusing ourselves if we portray the whole campaign and the debates on big issues in those one-dimensional terms.
Historically I have disagreed with using the left-right spectrum to describe politics in Australia, just felt appropriate in this context.

At least the political spectrum can change so easily. For my views it should be easy to be corrected.

If not, find an independent or other party

My wishes for the new parliament:
Federal ICAC
Action on the Carbon Crisis
Indigenous Voice to Parliament

Additional:
Penny Wong you (& even Kristine Kineally) are a better leader than this new PM…. But I digress.

My wishes for the new parliament:
Federal ICAC
Action on the Carbon Crisis
Indigenous Voice to Parliament

Additional:
Penny Wong you (& even Kristine Kineally) are a better leader than this new PM…. But I digress.

For me it's:

1. Legalise marijuana
2. Free sex
3. Communism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albo has been far more fluent and relaxed in his victory speech than in any of his appearances during the campaign.

Makes you realise the burden of expectation and the ghosts of 2019 that haunted the whole ALP campaign.

I think he'll be OK and will grow into the job, but I'd still rather he was obliged to negotiate with the cross-benches on the contentious issues. I genuinely think we'll be better governed if that has to happen.

Albo has been far more fluent and relaxed in his victory speech than in any of his appearances during the campaign.

Makes you realise the burden of expectation and the ghosts of 2019 that haunted the whole ALP campaign.

I think he'll be OK and will grow into the job, but I'd still rather he was obliged to negotiate with the cross-benches on the contentious issues. I genuinely think we'll be better governed if that has to happen.

Really more impressive than I expected.

It’s a shame that the Teals and Greens just haven’t won enough. (missed it by that much).

Well I guess the main issue for me is he was one of the ones the crossed the floor against the religious discrimination bill.
OK thanks. That's a wide-ranging issue and I'm not right across it anyway so I won't start on it here.

Respect your view and candour though.

Complete BULLSHIt being spouted on channel 9. They have a huge focus on the One Nation vote….. how high it is, etc.

BUT

That vote total is actually for the Greens and their graphic is wrong. Complete cockup and they are continuing to promote this falsehood until their coverage has closed.

Like seriously, this is fcked up total self-serving (Murdoch) and how the Liberals need to shift right to get the One Nation vote back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back