Game Day 2022 Federal Election!

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 1405973
damon salvatore joker GIF
As I watched his family jittering on stage during that election night address, I couldn't help thinking of Trinity in Dexter.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mark McGowan is a National treasure. That is the best press conference I have ever seen. Completely owned Dutton, Morrison, Porter, Palmer and the Murdoch journos. Absolute King s**t.
You will enjoy this one Scrag in that case:

Nothing like the look on a Private School boys face when somethings happens to him that wasn’t part of the Old Boys script.

Last edited:

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mark McGowan is a National treasure. That is the best press conference I have ever seen. Completely owned Dutton, Morrison, Porter, Palmer and the Murdoch journos. Absolute King s**t.

Andrews got stuck into Dutton today too. He would be worse for the Victorian Liberal vote than NoMore.

Do I have to give back the $250 that I got from Scomo since he lost? I wanted to buy a head of lettuce with it and maybe a tomato or two(if there is any $ left over) to make a salad.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Interesting comments by McGowan. Suggesting Dutton is not all that bright might be accurate, but you have to be careful in public life with character assassinations, as they can come back to bite you. Same with UAP volunteers being labelled as "losers". The UAP volunteer at the polling station in Ballarat offered me their HTV paper, and I firmly, but politely declined, and we both went our separate ways, so making generic character assertions is also fraught with danger.

Having said that, I did enjoy his collective putdown of the media, where their behaviour in press conferences, particularly with Albanese, did none of them any credit.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Disappointed that the Conservatives decided to abandon the moderate Liberals…. I can’t see how the party that no longer represents any moderate centrist Australians can possibly form government…. Perhaps the Teals will form a new ‘Liberal’ party and they can form an Alliance government that way.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Interesting comments by McGowan. Suggesting Dutton is not all that bright might be accurate, but you have to be careful in public life with character assassinations, as they can come back to bite you. Same with UAP volunteers being labelled as "losers". The UAP volunteer at the polling station in Ballarat offered me their HTV paper, and I firmly, but politely declined, and we both went our separate ways, so making generic character assertions is also fraught with danger.

Having said that, I did enjoy his collective putdown of the media, where their behaviour in press conferences, particularly with Albanese, did none of them any credit.

I love that McGowan isn't scared to call them losers and idiots. He's the most popular politician in the country, I'm sure he knows what he can and cannot get away with. What are they gonna do about it? It's not defamation if it's true.

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
I love that McGowan isn't scared to call them losers and idiots. He's the most popular politician in the country, I'm sure he knows what he can and cannot get away with. What are they gonna do about it? It's not defamation if it's true.
I think he was exactly right about the appalling behaviour of the media pack with Albanese during the election campaign. Just from what I saw anyway.

I guess the election result might show that Murdoch has less sway than he thought he did, the rise of social media as people’s choice of news gathering collapsing his influence with the under 30’s especially.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I think he was exactly right about the appalling behaviour of the media pack with Albanese during the election campaign. Just from what I saw anyway.

I guess the election result might show that Murdoch has less sway than he thought he did, the rise of social media as people’s choice of news gathering collapsing his influence with the under 30’s especially.

I also appreciated hearing a politician just saying what they think, for once. No filter, no punches pulled.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Anyone care to post a link to the McGowan video?

Get the popcorn out for this DW

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Australian Border Force issued a press release on the day of the election about a boat arrival. They usually talk about a boat arrival occurring in an end of month statement and never when it has just occurred. As public servants, they also must appear to be impartial at all times….

Obviously that hasn’t occurred. So, ALL those who gave the press release or worked on its release are highly likely to be fired under cause. As they won’t be offered redundancies, this will help the budget bottom line.

The Liberal scare campaign that day with that sms about voting Liberal was abhorrent…. Labor did the same choice of sending the refugees home, as the Liberals would have done…. On this, there was no difference in parties, except one party didn’t point the finger at the other and say they would act differently.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Congrats to the Greens for winning Brisbane as part of the Greenslide. I would much rather a Teal but a Green will do.

Labor to get to exactly 76, with Lyons and Macnamara to be their last two seats.

Congrats to the Greens for winning Brisbane as part of the Greenslide. I would much rather a Teal but a Green will do.

Labor to get to exactly 76, with Lyons and Macnamara to be their last two seats.
You seem pretty sure of all that. Lyons yes, and a greater than 50% chance in Macnamara (although it could yet go to the greens). But Brisbane could still go to Labor, and Labor could still win Gilmore (157 behind the Lib Andrew Constance with only about 86% counted).
I would have preferred a minority Labor government where they had to get cross bench support in the Reps. It’ll still be the case in the Senate of course.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You seem pretty sure of all that. Lyons yes, and a greater than 50% chance in Macnamara (although it could yet go to the greens). But Brisbane could still go to Labor, and Labor could still win Gilmore (157 behind the Lib Andrew Constance with only about 86% counted).
I would have preferred a minority Labor government where they had to get cross bench support in the Reps. It’ll still be the case in the Senate of course.

Senate the have to get support from the Greens anyway. So, they still must negotiate on all legislation. There are no Teals in the Senate, so they need Green support anyway.

The preference flows from One Nation, United Australia, Animal Justice and Liberal Democrats; are not kind to Labor. Labor gets the smallest % of those and usually Greens get double the flow of Labor (Liberals get ~50%). It is highly unlikely that Labor can get back into the contest in Brisbane and will finish third.

Macnamara, Labor will finish with the most votes of Labor, Greens and Liberals, so will win that one comfortably.

Gilmore must be counted until the end…. That is super marginal.

Last edited:

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Scott Morrison instructed Border Force to reveal election day asylum boat arrival

He obviously couldn’t help himself…. Can we vote him out again?

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Scott Morrison instructed Border Force to reveal election day asylum boat arrival

He obviously couldn’t help himself…. Can we vote him out again?

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Back