World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group B - (England, Iran, USA, Wales)

Remove this Banner Ad

So it went from the conversation being "Are AFC totally s**t?" to Japan and Saudis with massive upsets, and Iran getting a massive win and totally boning Wales WC run.
South Korea also probably should've beaten Uruguay too even if they didn't have a shot on target. Hwang should've buried that first half chance.

Come on Wales hold them out boyos.

They are up against Iran and the refs.

Is this a Kiwi Sheep shag comradeship with cousin Welsh Ovis lovers ?

Too BAA'D. The far better team won on the day.

Well, if England do win against the USA, to set up a USA/Iran showdown for the knockouts, it would be passionate, to put it mildly. Mind you, in such circumstances, a Wales win over England might see them through via goal diff, depending on other results, and if England do win, they're pretty much through, so they might ease off against Wales.

South Korea also probably should've beaten Uruguay too even if they didn't have a shot on target. Hwang should've buried that first half chance.
I was laughed at by a Simple Mind for suggesting that South Korea and Japan could get out their groups and that Germany and Uruguay are overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspect these results are due to the cup currently being hosted in Asia as opposed to the confederation in general. We may as well not be included.
Ummmm
Qatar is geographically closer to London than it is to Korea or Japan.
Credit where it’s due - the Asian nations have played well (all except the host and us that is)

Well, if England do win against the USA, to set up a USA/Iran showdown for the knockouts, it would be passionate, to put it mildly. Mind you, in such circumstances, a Wales win over England might see them through via goal diff, depending on other results, and if England do win, they're pretty much through, so they might ease off against Wales.
An England win means they can't miss out on the next round and Iran would need to do something about their GD for the Poms to drop from 1st to 2nd. But a win tonight means they are through.
A loss tonight for England would really make it interesting in this group.

We would have;
USA 4
ENG 3
IRN 3
WAL 1

And then heading into the final games;
Wales would need to beat England and hope Iran lose.
Iran would need to beat the USA to 100% guarantee an advance, if they draw and England draw they would potentially miss out on GD.

So an England loss tonight means the group is a total mess on the last match day.

But an England win tonight means Iran would just need a win or a draw to go through against the USA.

Is this a Kiwi Sheep shag comradeship with cousin Welsh Ovis lovers ?

Too BAA'D. The far better team won on the day.

I only respect the countries that can field a good rugby union team, Wales rugby union team would have destroyed the Iranian rugby union team.

France probably would have still beaten the Australian rugby union team but they would walk all over the Tunisian and Denmark rugby union teams.

This is why I rate Argentina ahead of Brazil, Argentina have a good rugby union team, Los Pumas, Brazil have never had a good rugby union team.

An England win means they can't miss out on the next round and Iran would need to do something about their GD for the Poms to drop from 1st to 2nd. But a win tonight means they are through.
A loss tonight for England would really make it interesting in this group.

We would have;
USA 4
ENG 3
IRN 3
WAL 1

And then heading into the final games;
Wales would need to beat England and hope Iran lose.
Iran would need to beat the USA to 100% guarantee an advance, if they draw and England draw they would potentially miss out on GD.

So an England loss tonight means the group is a total mess on the last match day.

But an England win tonight means Iran would just need a win or a draw to go through against the USA.
I imagine Iran will want an England victory over the USA anyway (albeit barely), but now so more than ever.

It's a difficult game to get a read on. The US looked so impressive against Wales in the first half, but tailed off. England did well against Iran, but Iran didn't really show up. We have a poor record against the US in competitive games (albeit 1950 and 2010 are the only occasions we've played the US in competitions), and I expect they will be up for it, for a number of reasons.

I only respect the countries that can field a good rugby union team, Wales rugby union team would have destroyed the Iranian rugby union team.

France probably would have still beaten the Australian rugby union team but they would walk all over the Tunisian and Denmark rugby union teams.

This is why I rate Argentina ahead of Brazil, Argentina have a good rugby union team, Los Pumas, Brazil have never had a good rugby union team.
You talk about Rugby Union but you clearly have NFI what you are talking about. France beat Australia 3 weeks back in Rugby in France.

I was laughed at by a Simple Mind for suggesting that South Korea and Japan could get out their groups and that Germany and Uruguay are overrated.
Is this a Dont you forget about me post?

You talk about Rugby Union but you clearly have NFI what you are talking about. France beat Australia 3 weeks back in Rugby in France.

Yeah I just said that, France would still beat Australia in rugby union as they just did beat them but it would be a lot closer than in the football.

France are the only European country that is as strong at football as they are in rugby union..

I did a tour of the French sports museum at the Stade de France and they are an impressive country when it comes to sports.

They host the best bike race in the world the Tour de France, let's face it there are no other bike races that can compare to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back