World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

If things went REALLY well, we could feasibly end up playing one of Poland or Saudi Arabia in RO16, and then play the winner of Ecuador and Iran in a QF! Things would have to go our way obviously, and I am definitely not getting ahead of myself at all... see you in the SF Neymar

If things went REALLY well, we could feasibly end up playing one of Poland or Saudi Arabia in RO16, and then play the winner of Ecuador and Iran in a QF! Things would have to go our way obviously, and I am definitely not getting ahead of myself at all... see you in the SF Neymar

Would rather play England in a 1/4 final in the highly unlikely event we make it. The exposure for the sport would be enormous. The entire country would be talking about nothing else in the leadup to it.

Would rather play England in a 1/4 final in the highly unlikely event we make it. The exposure for the sport would be enormous. The entire country would be talking about nothing else in the leadup to it.
Until we got beaten 7-1

A draw with Denmark would be a better result than beating Tunisia IMO . My concern is we may have spent all our tickets beating Tunisia . We shall see .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if you ignore the blatantly easier chance Mbappe missed 30s before that.

Either way I don't see us ever getting done 7-1 by any team at a major tournament. Certainly not the poms, the lads would absolutely be fired up for that fixture (if it were to happen).

Mooy’s too slow for Champions League or top level PL. Not sure he’d get too many starting games with most sides. Great game last night but let’s not get carried away

Mooy has probably been the Socceroos best player in both WC games so far (maybe level with Souttar in the Tunisia game). So I don't buy the argument that he's not good enough for Champions League. You don't have to be quick to play that role. Phillips isn't particularly quick either. I doubt Phillips would have got many starts for City even if he was fit.

I don't think there's much between them. Phillips is probably better defensively but tends to play a lot of sideways and backwards passes. Mooy is more incisive in taking his team forward.

Read on Facebook that a couple of Danish players are talking smack about us and the level of competition our boys compete in.

Would love nothing more than for the Green and Gold army to rise up and knock those pricks out of the World Cup.

No one dissses our Socceroos except me and other Aussie supporters.

I now feel more amped and patriotic about the Socceroos now than at any time during the lead up and during the WC so far.

Warming to Graham Arnold and his fired up passion after the Tunisia win too.

I really want us to embrace the Us vs The World siege mentality..

Read on Facebook that a couple of Danish players are talking smack about us and the level of competition our boys compete in.

Would love nothing more than for the Green and Gold army to rise up and knock those pricks out of the World Cup.

No one dissses our Socceroos except me and other Aussie supporters.

I now feel more amped and patriotic about the Socceroos now than at any time during the lead up and during the WC so far.

Warming to Graham Arnold and his fired up passion after the Tunisia win too.

I really want us to embrace the Us vs The World siege mentality..

Lol. You’ve been shitting on this team for weeks in the lead up to the tournament.

We’re a chance of making it through the group stage and now you’re the biggest fan?

Who are you kidding?

Lol. You’ve been shitting on this team for weeks in the lead up to the tournament.

We’re a chance of making it through the group stage and now you’re the biggest fan?

Who are you kidding?

To be fair, our form leading up to this world cup was patchy (at best) and we had not won a group match at the World Cup finals in 2006.

I was probably too harsh and cynical about our chances absolutely, the 2nd half against France was appalling, not going to lie didn't think we had much of a chance against Tunisia, can anyone here honestly say they did after the performance against France (whom granted are still probably the world's best team despite all their injuries, with the current best player in the world Mbappe) ?

To be fair, our form leading up to this world cup was patchy (at best) and we had not won a group match at the World Cup finals in 2006.

I was probably too harsh and cynical about our chances absolutely, the 2nd half against France was appalling, not going to lie didn't think we had much of a chance against Tunisia, can anyone here honestly say they did after the performance against France (whom granted are still probably the world's best team despite all their injuries, with the current best player in the world Mbappe) ?

Yes, I did :D

Feel free to search, I cbf :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back